2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 minute ago, cqleonardo said:

just got it from twitter... I readed someone saying that OMG was recorded over a phone call but the version I have here sounds normal, like a normal soundboard, sounds clear than the End of Days version and I believe that has different stuff on it (don't remember the song that well)

of what I know, it was either been passed through some analogue filter to deliberately create some distortion, or probably really recorded some obscure way - but I don't think that's the case, because if I had the complete thing, I'd just remix the right channel instead of the left one. weird shit anyway.

3 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

just got it from twitter... I readed someone saying that OMG was recorded over a phone call but the version I have here sounds normal, like a normal soundboard, sounds clear than the End of Days version and I believe that has different stuff on it (don't remember the song that well)

One of the OMG files circulating was recorded over a computer mic since the hoarder couldn’t download the song directly.

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I kinda wish a song like Silkworms was on a GNR album...it’s kinda fun to listen to haha

Whereas I am grateful is isn't and most likely never will be on a GN'R album :lol:

• Haha 1

Not feeling it when it comes to Oh My God. I absolutely love, Love, LOVE the original End of Days version, but this version is kind of ruined by the ska/reggae thing in the middle. It just doesn't fit in with the rest of the song. Nothing against reggae.

I'm surprised how good Silkworms sounds. Never really cared for it before, but this is ok. Dare I said I kinda like it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jekylhyde said:

Not feeling it when it comes to Oh My God. I absolutely love, Love, LOVE the original End of Days version, but this version is kind of ruined by the ska/reggae thing in the middle. It just doesn't fit in with the rest of the song. Nothing against reggae.

I'm surprised how good Silkworms sounds. Never really cared for it before, but this is ok. Dare I said I kinda like it.

same here. the EoD version is really strong, like it since it was released. the leak is weak-ish, altough I know this is just some old track, never meant to be released.

Silkworms is meh, but still there are some cool moments.

interesting stuff. i always wanted to hear a studio version of silk worms.  hopefully i can track it down.  from the sounds of everyone’s comments OMG is similar to the End of Days release.  i’m very interested to see the current bands take on that song.  was cool to see it as an alt on the setlist 

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Would much rather hear brand new  material instead of studio versions of all these songs that we’ve already heard thousands of times. 

I have zero interest in hearing a slightly altered version of a song that’s been around for 20 years. 

especially a 20 year old slightly altered song that wasnt very good to begin with

• Like 2

I don't think OMG comes from the BBF sessions. Didn't Axl said that OMG was rerecorded with new vocals? Sounds the same to me, more clear and with some effects here and there.

Love the drums on OMG. The funky guitar part at the end reminds me of Shackler. Would love to hear the proper version of this song. Mixed like SOYL.

1 minute ago, Russel Nash said:

I don't think OMG comes from the BBF sessions. Didn't Axl said that OMG was rerecorded with new vocals? Sounds the same to me, more clear and with some effects here and there.

it indeed doesn't come from the BBF sessions. but this particular version does originate from BBF sessions mix, which in turn used and old demo from circa 2000. this "leak" has the BBF guitar removed and kind of pretends to be the old track.