2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

OMG: I really don't notice too many differences besides the bridge and added solos. Still a pretty rad song. If the vocals were a different take or rerecorded, I can't really tell

Silkworms: Uh... :lol: If that hadn't been played in 2001, I don't think anyone would believe this was actually a Guns N Roses or even just Axl Rose song.

Edited by Stro

Wow after being a guns fan for 14 years (pun incredibly intended) finally a studio version of silkworms!

It's definitely interesting, when axl said the chorus was gone I didn't think he meant that they literally just cut the vocals to the chorus out and replaced them with axl screams lol, everytime that part hits I can't help but sing the chorus to myself.

It's a shame whoever leaked these cut out the bumblefoot overdubs, I bet they would have filled out the sound more.

Oh My God has cool pieces in it but it feels really empty. The "oooo if it opens your eyes" part has the rhythm cut out with a very bucket sounding wah chomping rhythm. The solo sounds like a bumblefoot impression of bucket. The End of Days soundtrack is better, you're not missing anything.

Silkworms is... disappointing? It is really cool to hear as an artifact of one of the strangest and most mysterious eras of GN'R but it isn't much more than a novelty.

2 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

I'm really not up on these sorts of things but do other bands have such an insane hoarding community?

I don't think another album worth money was ever delayed to the point that fans with unreleased tracks were approaching the band's manager at concerts and demanding bribes in exchange for not leaking the tracks

We were all driven insane by the delays

3 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Remixes and Better acoustic as far as I know, haven't asked for them.

Oh okay. I wasn’t sure if it was like the 2001 demos, the one song that was recorded over the phone and stuff. Figured I’d ask. Better acoustic is good though. I liked that better than Ashbas version

Just now, TheSeeker said:

I don't think another album worth money was ever delayed to the point that fans with unreleased tracks were approaching the band's manager at concerts and demanding bribes in exchange for not leaking the tracks

We were all driven insane by the delays

That happened?

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

This whole thing has just fueled my desire for CDII

This is what I want at some point when the reunion is dead -

Axl does a show at House of Blues in Vegas with all of the Chinese Democracy personnel - Pitman, Tommy, Buckethead, Paul Tobias, Brain, Robin, etc. 

Play nothing but Chinese Democracy songs that they finished - everything on the album, plus whatever else Axl had completed that is still unreleased. Have the guys talk about the songs and how they came up with the ideas/lyrics behind them. Like VH1 Storytellers.

1/1/2021 will be the 20th anniversary of the first NewGNR live performance - that would be the perfect time for this to happen

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

How come they were talking about these silkworms, omg leaks on "gunsnfnroses.com forum in December 2017? and a bit earlier about General, Atlas shrugged leaks?

Are they talking about the same stuff or what.

Found out by accident when i tried to google these songs :D