2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Just now, donny said:

them 2(or is it 3) idiots must have some serious cash tied up in unreleased material the way they are trying to get the leaks out of circulation 

They can try their best. I uploaded it in various websites, clouds, and I even have them in my pendrives.

We shall go on to the end [...]  we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength [...] we shall defend our leaks, whatever the cost may be [...]
WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!!!

Am I the only one out there that likes the "new" version of Silkworms???

It sounds wayyyy better than any other version i have heard. 

With that, I was listening to "Better" broken down in different parts with out lyrics. Without using the name "Guns n Roses" would Axl been able to release more electronic, industrial music? I would love to have heard Axl over some futuristic type music, using only a soundboard and samples.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

Am I the only one out there that likes the "new" version of Silkworms???

It sounds wayyyy better than any other version i have heard. 

With that, I was listening to "Better" broken down in different parts with out lyrics. Without using the name "Guns n Roses" would Axl been able to release more electronic, industrial music? I would love to have heard Axl over some futuristic type music, using only a soundboard and samples.

No bullshit, I had a friend who's not a GNR fan hear and say "this is my fucking jam!" I replied "Silkworms is no ones jam" and he said he was 100% serious. Then he said "If this was released in 99 or 2000 under a different name, it would have blown up"

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

No bullshit, I had a friend who's not a GNR fan hear and say "this is my fucking jam!" I replied "Silkworms is no ones jam" and he said he was 100% serious. Then he said "If this was released in 99 or 2000 under a different name, it would have blown up"

It certainly captures the sound of that era.

Brings to mind Starf**kers Inc by NIN sung by Keith Flint of the Prodigy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

wait till we all find out CD2 was released years ago but didnt know because it was under a different name :lol:

3 hours ago, TiedHands said:

I would be curious to hear this OMG in a better quality, as I like the added guitar parts, but there's not much else that sounds different at all. I'm actually pretty fascinated with the Silkworms though. As a whole, it's not super great but there are lots of really, really cool and interesting parts all over the place. Bucket and his killswitch are all over the track. Lots of great effects, I love that part with the talking guitar (not really sure what else to call it) and that short mellow breakdown. It's all very aggressive and heavy. I honestly would have loved to have heard an album in this direction. 

do we think there's an album worth of Silkworms type material? As that really was the direction he was kinda moving in for a while...
At least there are probably demo instrumentals of stuff like that without vocals...

2 hours ago, axlrosefan4life said:

There is better quality of both songs! The tracks that were leaked have been compressed and had a channel removed. Regular versions sound much better 

How do you know this?

This is what a GNR fan forum has devolved into, sucking at the teet of any offerings of monotoned, incomplete demo versions of twenty year-old songs from the CD era and prior which we have heard ad noseam. What’s funny is that right now Axl is probably working feverishly on making sure nothing else gets “leaked”. The GNR camp has gone into lockdown mode. He seems to work much harder stowing away old demos than he does doing something productive like making new music. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

do we think there's an album worth of Silkworms type material? As that really was the direction he was kinda moving in for a while...
At least there are probably demo instrumentals of stuff like that without vocals...

How do you know this?

Because I have them all

52 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

Silkworms to be played live confirmed. 

My god, an album of this shit under the GnR name would have been about the worst fucking thing ever.

It'd have been hilarious just for the sheer outrage it would cause.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Anyone else think that Silkworms verses sound very repetitive? Didn't the live version have more lyrics than this? It makes me wonder if it's been edited somehow?

I reckon that this version of Silkworms was never the final intended version and the vocals were never complete. I feel as if Axl’s vocals for the hook were never recorded period, since that part seems missing something. I’d imagine this is still not the final version of Silkworms.

On 7.6.2018 at 4:51 PM, NeonKinight said:

There's a Ska/Reggae part in the middle of OMG.

Ska.

and.

Reggae.

In a Guns N' Roses.

Song.

You know the similarity between a baby's Ass and Axl Rose's head?
You never know what will get out of it.

And sometimes, it's the same thing, believe me. 

Have you ever heard a 90ies live version of this little song called KOHD performed by GNR? 

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 4

OMG is definitely different. I think it is the same vocal take without distortion. The drums are definitely Brain, so different take to the EOD version. I prefer the new robotic guitar in the verse, and the guitar solo (but wish it was longer) but probably prefer the original 1999 breakdown section

Love the song though

21 hours ago, zombux said:

about Brain remixes - no, this SW and OMG are not Brain remixes - he stated to have remixed 6 songs, 5 of them are known. but these were supposedly part of some "remix album", which would include both Brain remixes and other remixes.

reportedly, Blood in the Water leaked with track number 3, SW and OMG were supposed to be 9 and 10 (or vice versa, not remember exactly).

anyone still has the original leaked tracks from 2012-13? I mean, original "file names" and possibly "Id3 tags". I'd like to check them again for track numbers. it would be interesting to try compiling the "remix album" trackist after all...

25 minutes ago, zombux said:

anyone still has the original leaked tracks from 2012-13? I mean, original "file names" and possibly "Id3 tags". I'd like to check them again for track numbers. it would be interesting to try compiling the "remix album" trackist after all...

Do you think these Omg and sw tracks are CD II or Remix? 

Omg seems CD II, Silk is more of a remix. Or was Remix was more remixed, Reworked songs like TIL, and CD II completely unheard material?

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

Do you think these Omg and sw tracks are CD II or Remix? 

Omg seems CD II, Silk is more of a remix. Or was Remix was more remixed, Reworked songs like TIL, and CD II completely unheard material?

I'm not sure. I got this tracks info from somewhere but I forgot where I read it. indeed these might come from some work-in-progress-remix-album, or some sketch album, not sure. just trying to think about stuff.