2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

26 minutes ago, zombux said:

a friend with both good audio skill and knowledge of GNR stuff told me that Silkworms is completely missing Ron's guitar track, that means it was completely replaced with the other channel. on the other hand, OMG still has the track, just very low in the mix. so interestingly, SW is a tiny little bit different work than OMG at this point. I didn't check it myself so I'm selling just as I bought.

I didn't think Ron was buried in the mix on OMG but I'll listen again. But it's odd that they were edited at all...

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

I didn't think Ron was buried in the mix on OMG but I'll listen again. But it's odd that they were edited at all...

not so odd, I'd just say this was some kind of mind games playing amongst the people who kept them hidden. I'd just not take these two really seriously, because the genuine thing with both channels in place can have (and probably do have) very different mix. this is just like a desaturated, filtered trailer for a film.

• Like 1

fuck i tried to get these on the interwebster for about an hour a few days ago and didnt find shit

about ten minutes ago i received a link for one of the songs on my daily "guns n roses" google alert!

:rofl-lol:

well now i know where to look next time!

silkworms has some very nice parts

but like all axl solo tracks it is very poorly structured

all the little "passages" and "crescendos" and whatnot that are so abundant on GNR songs, you know the stuff that makes the songs flow and grow and explode are pretty much absent here, so you get some good parts and you get excited and then all of a sudden the song takes a "wrong" turn loses momentum etc

what a shame

maybe axl should have hired a song doctor?

4 hours ago, fanfzero said:

That 2001 Maddy had way better quality than this 2. That Madagascar sounded a lot like the album version for me

I think these OMG and Silkworms leaks are just re-edited versions of the ChiDem remix + bonus tracks leaks that first circulated in 2013. 2001 Maddy and 2001 SOD weren't part of the same leaks, but I think the same guy may be leaking all this shit.

I get the impression that a whole bunch of people were holding onto this shit, trying to trade for the big guns like The General, Atlas, etc., but no one had anything. Now with the reunion, these tracks and the likes of the HOB 2001 show have plummeted in value, so people are just leaking it. The time for trading this stuff for anything worthwhile has passed by, now the hot thing will be anything with Axl + Slash, which I doubt is out there.

I honestly think the likes of Atlas are just sitting with some random sound engineer who doesn't give a shit about GNR.

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

Umm listen to them both back to back. There are a lot of differences actually.

Same song structure.

I think it is same vocal take sans distortion.

The drums are different - Brain's take on the track I imagine.

Guitars are completely different, staccato type effect in the versus. Solo different (better in my opinion) although the "reggae" breakdown bit which has already had some criticism I'd agree was better on the '99 original.

All in all though an interesting version.

Fingers crosses for CD2 someday, even if included as part of a boxset.

38 minutes ago, Amir said:

I think these OMG and Silkworms leaks are just re-edited versions of the ChiDem remix + bonus tracks leaks that first circulated in 2013. 2001 Maddy and 2001 SOD weren't part of the same leaks, but I think the same guy may be leaking all this shit.

I get the impression that a whole bunch of people were holding onto this shit, trying to trade for the big guns like The General, Atlas, etc., but no one had anything. Now with the reunion, these tracks and the likes of the HOB 2001 show have plummeted in value, so people are just leaking it. The time for trading this stuff for anything worthwhile has passed by, now the hot thing will be anything with Axl + Slash, which I doubt is out there.

I honestly think the likes of Atlas are just sitting with some random sound engineer who doesn't give a shit about GNR.

yes, this is highly probable explanation of all the recent events. maybe also that guy who keeps VMA 2002 rehearsals might now realise that stuff is almost worthless and share it.

12 minutes ago, zombux said:

yes, this is highly probable explanation of all the recent events. maybe also that guy who keeps VMA 2002 rehearsals might now realise that stuff is almost worthless and share it.

Shows how desperate the ChiDem-era GNR fans are that the VMA rehearsals are even considered valuable :lol: I consider myself a big ChiDem fan but I wouldn't even watch those rehearsals all the way through except if they were on YouTube and I needed something to watch on my phone while taking a particularly long shit.

HOB 2001 at least has the significance of being the first nuGNR show, live debuts of OMG, Silkworms, ChiDem, The Blues, and Riad. Once that leaks out to the general fanbase, I doubt there will be anything GNR-related to leak for a long while. The only other thing we know for sure is out there that's worthwhile is Jackie Chan and I think whoever got that was scared into not releasing it. No one has Atlas, no one has The General, no one even pretends to have Seven, Thyme, or Berlin.

With the Appetite boxset, we know the focus for the next few years will be milking the 1985-1993 era for all it's worth. Nobody will be surprised if they release a UYI boxset in a few years; would be a good opportunity to release the Perfect Crime UYI documentary that was shelved all those years ago.

Maybe in 2028 they'll do a limited release of a ChiDem boxset to wring the last pennies out of a niche fanbase and justify one last tour :shrugs:I don't blame the band for operating like this, the muted reception to ChiDem and the massive success of the NITL tour totally justifies their actions from both a commercial and artistic point of view. I only wish they'd gotten together to write a new single for the Appetite boxset instead of dusting off Shadow of Your Love, but I think Axl and Slash feel like they'll get on better if they don't ever have to argue about artistic direction ever again. Slash gets to do his solo tours and release new songs with SMKC, Axl gets to tweak the mix on Atlas Shrugged in his home studio for the 1,097th time, then they get together and go out and play a show for a million bucks.

The main thing about the next record is this is our dream, to get these songs out there into the public. Then once we get out there we’ll fight for them with the business side and stuff. But at this point that’s not what’s important. What’s important is the recording of the songs. If the business comes down on us really hard in a weird way, then we’ll make our choices - do we wanna deal with this, or do we not wanna fuckin’ deal with it? The record will sell a certain amount of copies the minute it comes out anyway, and we could live off that for the rest of our lives and record our records on small independent labels, it doesn’t matter. I mean, that’s not in the plans, but...ultimately, it just doesn’t matter, you know? It’s all down to what we want to deal with. Do we wanna give everything that we feel we have inside of ourselves, to do the shows to our top potential? Yes, we do. But I don’t choreograph things. I don’t know when I’m gonna slam down on my knees or whatever. It’s like, you have to ask yourself, do I wanna give all that, and have someone fuckin’ spitting in my face? Does it mean that much to me? No! I dig the songs. If you don’t want ‘em, fine. But I don’t have to give them to you.

- Axl Rose, April 1990: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=4

11 minutes ago, Amir said:

No one has Atlas, no one has The General, no one even pretends to have Seven, Thyme, or Berlin.

that's what I think, too. there is a rumor that a part of The General was recorded with cellphone at some listening party, but there's no proof of that existing and I don't really think it will leak or something. I'd say we'll get some renditions of stuff we know for years or maybe let's say even decades, but that's it.

8 minutes ago, zombux said:

that's what I think, too. there is a rumor that a part of The General was recorded with cellphone at some listening party, but there's no proof of that existing and I don't really think it will leak or something. I'd say we'll get some renditions of stuff we know for years or maybe let's say even decades, but that's it.

The General aka Checkmate aka Jackie Chan. Obvious CD II opener. 

Berlin aka Oklahoma - seems like a rant track as per Axl's quote

Soul Monster - most Sabbath thing they've done accord Axl. 

Thyme - Beltrami orchestra track

Seven - Beltrami said the best song he worked on

Atlas Shrugged - Zutaut said the first single, a glam rock Nov Rain

quesrions on a postcard

1 minute ago, wasted said:

The General aka Checkmate aka Jackie Chan. Obvious CD II opener. 

Berlin aka Oklahoma - seems like a rant track as per Axl's quote

Soul Monster - most Sabbath thing they've done accord Axl. 

Thyme - Beltrami orchestra track

Seven - Beltrami said the best song he worked on

Atlas Shrugged - Zutaut said the first single, a glam rock Nov Rain

quesrions on a postcard

wild dreams. guessing what which song is like based on short description in 20 years old newspaper articles - not really valid. this is just pulling rabbits out of a hat.

5 minutes ago, zombux said:

wild dreams. guessing what which song is like based on short description in 20 years old newspaper articles - not really valid. this is just pulling rabbits out of a hat.

I'm just relaying the facts of the case so far. 

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

I'm just relaying the facts of the case so far. 

sure, not meant to be an argument from my point of view :) I just think all the old info is... kind of not relevant after all those years. I think the whole era goes to end now. there are a few things circulating out of general public, those will get released sooner or later probably, and that's it.

43 minutes ago, ronartest2004 said:

Cool songs, definitely dated now. These songs are now more of a gnr history lesson IMO. Shows the evolution from 1994 to the mid 2000s. 

It's always interesting to find out why/how the songs leaked, especially after all of this time.

Silkworms seems like it was influenced by Prodigy.

3 hours ago, zombux said:

sure, not meant to be an argument from my point of view :) I just think all the old info is... kind of not relevant after all those years. I think the whole era goes to end now. there are a few things circulating out of general public, those will get released sooner or later probably, and that's it.

I doubt we'll be getting a CD like album again. Whatever material there is may evolve into the next record organically though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amir said:

"The only other thing we know for sure is out there that's worthwhile is Jackie Chan and I think whoever got that was scared into not releasing it. No one has Atlas, no one has The General, no one even pretends to have Seven, Thyme, or Berlin."

I've been waiting to talk about this for a while, so here's my point of view.
Thyme, Seven n' berlin are not out there, But when it comes to Atlas, I have no doubt of that.  
but I'll tell you guys sumptin' i've noticed on my days of "black-market-GNR-trader-insider"
Yes, there are a few people around the world who has these songs, like Atlas/Checkmate, and the complete versions for OMG and Silkworms. and I tell what, some of these people maybe are willing to trade it, whether for money or some collectors thing like the 2002 Rehearsals.
But most people who claims to have these songs are lying. Kinda doing some "leverage" operation, just like the stock market, but with GN'R songs.
EX : Pretend like Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox are claiming to have atlas. Someone will come to them and ask If they wants something in trade for atlas. 
Let's say this "special someone"  has the 2010 puerto rico pro shot.
Well, Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox will ask for him to send 20secs of it, and the special someone will sent them. 
GR8! Now, Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox can say they have the 2010 puerto rico pro shot, and they can trade it for Checkmate/Atlas!
What about the guy who sent him the 20secs? well, like we say in portugal, "Ficará a ver navios".

That's my personal experience.

2 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

I've been waiting to talk about this for a while, so here's my point of view.
Thyme, Seven n' berlin are not out there, But when it comes to Atlas, I have no doubt of that.  
but I'll tell you guys sumptin' i've noticed on my days of "black-market-GNR-trader-insider"
Yes, there are a few people around the world who has these songs, like Atlas/Checkmate, and the complete versions for OMG and Silkworms. and I tell what, some of these people maybe are willing to trade it, whether for money or some collectors thing like the 2002 Rehearsals.
But most people who claims to have these songs are lying. Kinda doing some "leverage" operation, just like the stock market, but with GN'R songs.
EX : Pretend like Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox are claiming to have atlas. Someone will come to them and ask If they wants something in trade for atlas. 
Let's say this "special someone"  has the 2010 puerto rico pro shot.
Well, Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox will ask for him to send 20secs of it, and the special someone will sent them. 
GR8! Now, Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox can say they have the 2010 puerto rico pro shot, and they can trade it for Checkmate/Atlas!
What about the guy who sent him the 20secs? well, like we say in portugal, "Ficará a ver navios".

That's my personal experience.

the difference is, there's no proof (and there has never been), that Atlas is somewhere out there. not even a snippet, nobody ever proved that. yeah, there was some "wannabe insider talk" about multiple versions being "somewhere", they were even talking about concrete iterations (like with Bumblefoot guitar, without it, etc.) - in my perception, all this was based on some Bumblefoot interviews, he stated that there were multiple versions of that track... I can't google it out right now.

on the contrary, full versions of OMG, SW, VMA 2002 rehearsals, Puerto Rico 2010, Brain remixes and some more are out there - sometimes quite close, sometimes pretty far and practically unreachable, but there are proofs that all those indeed exist.

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

My only doubt 'bout atlas is...why we don't have the lyrics?
If someone has it, and wants to prove it without leaking it, send us the lyrics, just like checkmate.

cuz probably nobody either has it (I guess so), or doesn't want to reveal it (okay, possible, but all those guys are usually leaking at least some information - not in this case).

about Checkmate... lyrics have been leaked? I don't think so, I remember reading them somewhere, but those seemed almost certainly made up. the only known portion of the lyrics is the short part from the leaked snippet - and that's it :)

This one?

CHECKMATE BY GUNS N ROSES

Guitar Intro

All cautions made, every chance was given, no effort spared, to save what we had*
or it would take, away the light we given, once it is ours, were free from this land
dont ever expect me to turn up this late
mother fucker' in this game, its checkmate

*interlude*

as i then ran, as fast as i could, memories both friends, escaped from my hand
ive got a gun, now the bloods on my hands, everything you see is here till the end

*solo*

lies that ive told, lies that ive given
lies that ive sold, lies that have driven
me mad to the top of my own head
me mad to the top of my head
at night sugar, im sorry if i turn up late
well now honey, my turn, check mate

all dozens slayed, every chance, one given, dont ever spin ,just say what we had
or it would take, away the light we given, once it is ours, were free from this land

Outro + Solo

All Thoughts in lane (all thoughts in lane)
every chance we gave (ever chance we gave)
dont ever spare (dont ever spare)
im here till the end (checkmate)
im here till the end
im here till the end

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

I was waiting to see if someone brought up the elephant in the room.  Hmmmm

5 hours ago, Amir said:

Shows how desperate the ChiDem-era GNR fans are that the VMA rehearsals are even considered valuable :lol: I consider myself a big ChiDem fan but I wouldn't even watch those rehearsals all the way through except if they were on YouTube and I needed something to watch on my phone while taking a particularly long shit.

HOB 2001 at least has the significance of being the first nuGNR show, live debuts of OMG, Silkworms, ChiDem, The Blues, and Riad. Once that leaks out to the general fanbase, I doubt there will be anything GNR-related to leak for a long while. The only other thing we know for sure is out there that's worthwhile is Jackie Chan and I think whoever got that was scared into not releasing it. No one has Atlas, no one has The General, no one even pretends to have Seven, Thyme, or Berlin.

With the Appetite boxset, we know the focus for the next few years will be milking the 1985-1993 era for all it's worth. Nobody will be surprised if they release a UYI boxset in a few years; would be a good opportunity to release the Perfect Crime UYI documentary that was shelved all those years ago.

Maybe in 2028 they'll do a limited release of a ChiDem boxset to wring the last pennies out of a niche fanbase and justify one last tour :shrugs:I don't blame the band for operating like this, the muted reception to ChiDem and the massive success of the NITL tour totally justifies their actions from both a commercial and artistic point of view. I only wish they'd gotten together to write a new single for the Appetite boxset instead of dusting off Shadow of Your Love, but I think Axl and Slash feel like they'll get on better if they don't ever have to argue about artistic direction ever again. Slash gets to do his solo tours and release new songs with SMKC, Axl gets to tweak the mix on Atlas Shrugged in his home studio for the 1,097th time, then they get together and go out and play a show for a million bucks.

- Axl Rose, April 1990: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=4

Like this response.

In terms of the last paragraph, my opinion - I believe in terms of new songs I think something new will come and not just a reworked song. Im sure both axl and slash are mindful that they want to do something new and mindful about not stepping on each others toes. Both of them care about the GNR brand but im sure both of them wont be pulling stupid power moves likes its 1991 all over again. Its a wait and see.

Edited by Sydney Fan