2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 hours ago, evader said:

The General and Jackie Chan seem to be two completely different songs. I could be wrong, but the instrumental concert intro of The General (D-Major, 66.5bpm) bears no resemblance whatsoever to the 16 second clip of Jackie Chan (Eb-Minor, 82bpm). Maybe there are some major change-ups in the song, but I kinda doubt it.

Audacity has so many details like that? geez, gotta start using it.

Edited by NeonKinight

3 hours ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Wasn't Oklahoma just the working title for Riad?

I thought Oklahoma is what became twat. I remember Axl saying it started when he was in Oklahoma court for the Erin/Steph fiasco. Apparently it was around the time of the Oklahoma City city bombing. Not sure on this, but I think I read it somewhere. Anybody? 

3 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

I thought Oklahoma is what became twat. I remember Axl saying it started when he was in Oklahoma court for the Erin/Steph fiasco. Apparently it was around the time of the Oklahoma City city bombing. Not sure on this, but I think I read it somewhere. Anybody? 

No it's not TWAT. It's a different song, known as "Berlin" today. 

Haven't heard these yet. I never cared much for Silkworms so until proven otherwise I hate it. I've always felt OMG was greatly underrated though! So I'll need to check that out. 

I'm terribly behind on GnR news as I just got back from Scotland. :mellow: 

Is it just those two that got out? Or has more stuff leaked by now? 

It's huntin' time! 

Edited by username

In addition to TWAT & The Blues from 2001 and the proshot from 2010 going around, it would appear the "real, real" versions of these two tracks are going around too. Seems like a great time for real fans of the band :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

In addition to TWAT & The Blues from 2001 and the proshot from 2010 going around, it would appear the "real, real" versions of these two tracks are going around too. Seems like a great time for real fans of the band :)

That’s intriguing.. now I’m very curious. Certainly a great time to be a fan! I look forward to listening to the 2001 versions and the “real real” versions of Silky and OMG

• Like 1

Just now, Grayfox said:

That’s intriguing.. now I’m very curious. Certainly a great time to be a fan! I look forward to listening to the 2001 versions and the “real real” versions of Silky and OMG

I'm not giving you shit over this, so don't take it the wrong way. But I've never heard someone refer to Silkworms as "Silky". Takes me back to the days when people used to get upset over people calling Madagascar "Maddy".

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Are you referring to versions with BBF included?  And "out there" meaning, available to us and not just hoarders?

Just now, CoBrA2168 said:

Wow!! How do people find these??? Like, someone like me??? I know we can't ask here so I struggle to find these...couldn't even get Silkworms and OMG from a few days back.

Yeah it does kinda suck that we can talk about stuff but don't always have access to it. I understand why, though. Legal stuff and all that. 

1 minute ago, CoBrA2168 said:

Wow!! How do people find these??? Like, someone like me??? I know we can't ask here so I struggle to find these...couldn't even get Silkworms and OMG from a few days back.

The best answer I can give you is; just be patient and I promise it'll happen. This stuff takes time to get off the ground because everyone is super cautious at first. Then in a couple of days it seems like everyone has them. 

I'm not at all trying to be an asshole with that answer, that's just the honest truth.

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm not giving you shit over this, so don't take it the wrong way. But I've never heard someone refer to Silkworms as "Silky". Takes me back to the days when people used to get upset over people calling Madagascar "Maddy".

Nah, it’s all good. I’ve never even seen anyone else do it myself. I’d say I’m trying to start a new trend... but it’s pure laziness. I’m replying on my phone so I just put “Silky”. I use to use that nickname for it back in the day talking about it with friends though. Figure it’s short and straight to the point. I find it more clear than using initials. But I do remember what you mean about Maddy/Madagascar. Good times.

• GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

awesome. that means only the last 3 remixes known from 2013 leaked excerpts are yet to be leaked in complete - TIL, ITW and Shackler. I guess, besides Ballad of Death and Mi Amor, which leaked in the same "batch" (I don't remember if both of them or just BoD) are generally considered to be fakes.

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I thought the leaked version had bumble removed?

that was the "edited version" that "leaked" a few days ago. thank god the "originals" with Bumble in place have leaked already today, so we can forget that embarassing piece of abortion.

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zombux said:

that was the "edited version" that "leaked" a few days ago. thank god the "originals" have leaked already today, so we can forget that embarassing piece of abortion.

god sake how am i supposed to keep with this stuff :lol: