2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

This one?

CHECKMATE BY GUNS N ROSES

Guitar Intro

All cautions made, every chance was given, no effort spared, to save what we had*
or it would take, away the light we given, once it is ours, were free from this land
dont ever expect me to turn up this late
mother fucker' in this game, its checkmate

*interlude*

as i then ran, as fast as i could, memories both friends, escaped from my hand
ive got a gun, now the bloods on my hands, everything you see is here till the end

*solo*

lies that ive told, lies that ive given
lies that ive sold, lies that have driven
me mad to the top of my own head
me mad to the top of my head
at night sugar, im sorry if i turn up late
well now honey, my turn, check mate

all dozens slayed, every chance, one given, dont ever spin ,just say what we had
or it would take, away the light we given, once it is ours, were free from this land

Outro + Solo

All Thoughts in lane (all thoughts in lane)
every chance we gave (ever chance we gave)
dont ever spare (dont ever spare)
im here till the end (checkmate)
im here till the end
im here till the end

"Checkmate's a bogus title"

1 minute ago, AslatIE said:

"Checkmate's a bogus title"

y in the name of fuck axl'd release a song called "jackie chan"?
"you know the similarity between axl rose's head n' a baby's ass?
You never know what will get out of it.
And sometimes, it's the same thing." 

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

y in the name of fuck axl'd release a song called "jackie chan"?
"you know the similarity between axl rose's head n' a baby's ass?
You never know what will get out of it.
And sometimes, it's the same thing." 

That's what's called a "working title"

2 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Since we're talkin' 'bout leaks....Google "scent of a woman - leaked track"

Does anyone know the real story behind it?

fake as Britney's tits.

about Checkmate - nothing more has ever leaked than the old clip with DJ Razz's final quote :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W. Axl Kev said:

You can't honestly think the band would care? We all saw what happened when someone on this forum thought they were important in the context of Guns N' Roses.

The people on the forum aren't what we think are important in the context of Guns N Roses. 

However, the copyrighted material is very important in the context of Guns N Roses. 

38 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Checkmate interests me way more than both Oh My God and Silkworms. I hope one day the full version leaks.

I'd not count with it. sure it could pop up suddenly out of nowhere (the excerpt is real so the whole track must be somewhere), but I'd not hold my breath for it at all.

4 hours ago, Jw224 said:

It's really annoying that people feel the need to edit stuff like this before they leak it :/ Although I am grateful to hear different stuff.

Well maybe it has something to do with people thinking that they will not be in trouble in the country they live in because it is altered.

2 hours ago, W. Axl Kev said:

You can't honestly think the band would care? We all saw what happened when someone on this forum thought they were important in the context of Guns N' Roses.

They do, and they have in the past. We've received cease and desist letters from GN'R in the past if we weren't quick enough to take down leaks. We take it seriously for good reason. 

• Like 3

Cool "new" tracks.

I may be one of the few who are disappointed with the current state of the band. They are a nostalgic act, re-releasing Appetite with a cut song "Shadow of your Love" that we have had for decades. I don't think I'll see them live again until a new album drops. And if that ever happens, I hope that new album has CD era material we have heard about and have been waiting for for over 10 years.

I wish the CD era band put out another album before Bucket, Bumble, Robin, and DJ left or at least material with those guys on it. They had a really interesting and experimental sound, one listen to CD tells that as it's all over the place. They had at least 2 albums worth of material, and we got one. I think a handful of the unheard songs will have their day on an official release, hopefully when/if that happens, they keep the good guitars on them. 

I had no idea a 2001 Maddy leaked.  I'd love to hear that. :) I'd imagine it's close to the two other Maddy leaks that have been around for over 10 years.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, wasted said:

The General aka Checkmate aka Jackie Chan. Obvious CD II opener. 

Berlin aka Oklahoma - seems like a rant track as per Axl's quote

Soul Monster - most Sabbath thing they've done accord Axl. 

Thyme - Beltrami orchestra track

Seven - Beltrami said the best song he worked on

Atlas Shrugged - Zutaut said the first single, a glam rock Nov Rain

quesrions on a postcard

Your descriptions of CDII songs get me so hyped for the album lol. New music would be great!

13 minutes ago, Trmac72911 said:

Your descriptions of CDII songs get me so hyped for the album lol. New music would be great!

Sorry but CDII has been cancelled. I think that the current lineup may rework and combine material from all projects to make a couple of releases but nothing full length.

1 minute ago, Billly B said:

Sorry but CDII has been cancelled. I think that the current lineup may rework and combine material from all projects to make a couple of releases but nothing full length.

Yep you're right. I honestly have no expectations for new music anytime soon; I'll have to see it to believe it. I was just referring to the descriptions; if the songs were really as Wasted describes that'd be a damn good album.

But like I said before, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything new

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Cool "new" tracks.

I may be one of the few who are disappointed with the current state of the band. They are a nostalgic act, re-releasing Appetite with a cut song "Shadow of your Love" that we have had for decades. I don't think I'll see them live again until a new album drops. And if that ever happens, I hope that new album has CD era material we have heard about and have been waiting for for over 10 years.

I wish the CD era band put out another album before Bucket, Bumble, Robin, and DJ left or at least material with those guys on it. They had a really interesting and experimental sound, one listen to CD tells that as it's all over the place. They had at least 2 albums worth of material, and we got one. I think a handful of the unheard songs will have their day on an official release, hopefully when/if that happens, they keep the good guitars on them. 

I had no idea a 2001 Maddy leaked.  I'd love to hear that. :) I'd imagine it's close to the two other Maddy leaks that have been around for over 10 years.

I think Axl and slash had quite their fill of arguings when it comes to creating new things. That said, I think they both agree that the best (secure,

recommended and only) way to make the reunion work is to play their old songs. 

Mad-at-nascar 2001 is a little bit different, more "raw", i'd say, in therms of crudeness.....

2 hours ago, Trmac72911 said:

There's no real gaurantee that any of those would be included. Axl said he had shown some material to Slash and Duff, Fortus was saying they were also looking at matetial before the CD era. It's possible CD II and remix collect dust in a warehouse in Area 51. Feel like Beltrami type material might make the transition, it must be a lot of work to put those tracks together.  Who knows what lyrics lose meaning after a reunion. I liked how Slash is sort of dragged out of his comfort zone on Chi dem and Better, I mean the Better intro is ome of the most badass things he's done. 

Maybe the whole epic style of CD isn't something they want to do next. So starting from the ground up using Axl's vocal melodies as a jumping off point might get the best out of Slash and Duff. I mean drum tracks, rhythmn guitar and vocals could be used with Duff and Slash re-working the rest.

That's what Slash did a lot in GNR anyway? He seems to be able to pull together many writers ideas and add his own stuff to it and produce records with a consistent sound. A solid hard rock sound is what fans seem to want instead of the artistic honesty of the various productions on CD. 

I doubt the rec comp would green light an album made mostly by the CD era. But if it is Frank, Fortus, Slash and Duff with various writers then maybe. They will want ASD front and center. Axl said he wanted to write off vocal melodies again like they did on AFD, not building the music first like UYI and CD. That really gives them flexibility and hands Slash the keys to the Ferrari. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SlashisGOD said:

I kinda feel sorry for all (most) of the guys Axl roped into the band during the CD era. Told they’d take over the world with new music only to have most of it buried. What a waste. 

Most of that was the Label refusing to release it. They should have allowed it to be released when it was first turned in so that they could further the process faster.

14 hours ago, wasted said:

quesrions on a postcard

Wasn't Oklahoma just the working title for Riad?

20 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Wasn't Oklahoma just the working title for Riad?

I thought that at first.

But Oklahoma is about Axl in court with Erin/Seymour, them trying to destroy him as the Oklahoma bombing happens. 

Riad is about Erin's brother inlaw who claimed to be an arms dealer and militia leader in the ME. He is also supposed to have inspired Civil War.  CD is really a protest album against petty dictators around the world in my opinion. 

Axl confirmed Oklahoma aka Berlin is a real track in the chats. This is when he was talkiing about there being a second half of CD to come out a year later. So why confirm it as a track that is also known as Berlin, instead of saying that became Riad?

I actually also thought Riad n the bedouins was Slash n the ex-members who Axl saw as out to destroy him with lies. His frustration was that only he could see the lies. But I was way off. 

Edited by wasted

16 hours ago, wasted said:

quesrions on a postcard

The General and Jackie Chan seem to be two completely different songs. I could be wrong, but the instrumental concert intro of The General (D-Major, 66.5bpm) bears no resemblance whatsoever to the 16 second clip of Jackie Chan (Eb-Minor, 82bpm). Maybe there are some major change-ups in the song, but I kinda doubt it.