The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, darkside259 said:

can you imagine what could happend if gnr make  covers of  wes band "the outpatience" ? those would be epic 

pd i know im just dreaming 

I've never read or heard Axl talk about the deaths of West Arkeen and Shannon Hoon, or any kind of tribute.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The 2014 version of the album is probably not too far from the 2008, 2006, 2004 etc. version of it. All it takes is one friend of someone associated with the band, or even someone directly associated with the band at one point to slip up for it to get out there.  A stolen CD from a car or hotel room back in the day, iPod sold or stolen with songs on it, hacked iCloud accounts belonging to members or their associates, there's many different avenues to the stuff getting out there. 

I absolutely believe CD2 is finished and was basically ready for release. The trouble is, I’d bet some – if not a lot – of these songs are the ones Slash and co. have been working on now, and if it leaks, it could be a serious monkey in the wrench in terms of any release, Axl would be pissed off etc. Of course, we don’t know which songs from where are being worked on, so a speculation as usual. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vloors said:

What do you really expect to be posted here?

The band has no media news and provide little to no updates on music. Fans are left in the dark.

Nothing and I mean nothing will be posted here other than peoples speculations about a new album, thoughts on why nothing's come about, comparing peers or if the band actually releases something which may be months, years, never.

If you can't handle reading those conversations here then it's best to leave and try another thread until official music news hits.

but it's not like you actually know what is going to be posted here cause a release of a Gn'R album is still possible. It's not a problem of what I can personally handle, it doesn't mean that much to me to have that effect on me.

is what I'm saying really that illogical? how, after 20 plus years can you still not take into consideration Axl's unique ability to almost never release anything so much that you and some other posters here post like it's baffling how other musicians can do it? he's not going to change so repeating how it's fucked is not going to suddenly make Axl see the error of his ways.

there is a double standard here. You can only share your opinion as long as you don't "take away" the ability from some posters here to repeat how fucked it is that almost all the other musicians have no problem releasing albums. I'll say what I want to say and you do the same but you not liking it doesn't mean shit to me, sorry. Going in circles crying about it is not criticism or discussion anymore, after 20 years it's just crying about it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rovim said:

is what I'm saying really that illogical?

No. Everything you say makes total sense. I'm guilty of trying to explain this way too many times myself, but I finally realize now they will never get it. It's like talking to a brick wall, so it's best to either put them on ignore or just stop reacting to them all together, because it's a total waste of time.

• Like 1

Just now, EvanG said:

No. Everything you say makes total sense. I'm guilty of trying to explain this way too many times myself, but I finally realize now they will never get it. It's like talking to a brick wall, so it's best to either put them on ignore or just stop reacting to them all together, because it's a total waste of time.

yes, tbh, I mostly blame you.

• Haha 2

A: Hey, howdy, the work sucked again today. 
B: Look, I get it, but haven’t you already come to terms with it? I mean, you say this almost every day when we meet here in this lovely pub. 
A: Yeah, I know, but what can I do, you know? 
B: I mean, stating the obvious every day, over and over, it’s really tedious. 
A: Sure, but as nothing is changing at that workplace and we meet here every day, how can I not be jaded? 
B: But saying that every day? 
A: Look, I thought we’re just friends here, and we’re venting stuff, which is normal when the work mostly sucks and we’ve been connected to it inseparably for decades in some cases. You don’t have to take it so seriously, I’m not really frustrated, I’m not a disgruntled believer, I’m basically just blowing off steam here, which I always thought this friendly place is for. 
B: Yeah but why do I have to listen to it every day?
A: Well, you don’t. There are a lot of tables with other people around us, see? And you don’t have to sit here with me; you can always stop listening, sort of skip my lines, so to speak, and sit somewhere else. In fact, every time you see me or hear my name, you can automatically zone me out as soon as you spot me, you know? This way we’ll all be happy. 
B: Yeah but why do you keep repeating your grievances on a daily basis? 
A: I believe I’ve already told you. Venting shit over a beer in a friendly pub, nothing wrong with that. I’d rather be asking why you keep listening to me every day – even though you clearly don’t have to – and then complain about my conduct, when you literally can ignore my existence.
B: Well I wanted you to see what you’re doing wrong. Direct you to the right path. There’s only one right path, you know. Come with us. 
A: Hey, I have this proposal: I’ll let you do whatever you want (as long as you’re not harming anyone else, which is out of the question here) and will ask the same from you, how about that? I won’t tell you what to do and will expect the same from you, ok? You don’t always have to understand other people’s incentives; the principle is, you should respect them, that’s all. What do you say? 
B: Ok, I guess I didn’t think of that. So to be clear: I’ll let you talk about whatever you want, even if I don’t necessarily agree with it, or rather with the frequency you talk about it; and if I don’t like it, I can always skip your table as soon as I see your face or your name written on this name plate here. Is that correct? 
A: Yes indeed! Would you say that’s fair and to the benefit of all of us?
B: Well I suppose, when you say it like this, yeah, it makes sense. Thanks, I guess. I’ll think about it. 
A: Thank you too. See, communication is not that hard as long as people actually listen to each other and try for a genuine dialogue instead of endlessly spewing two monologues at each other. So... see ya. 
B: See ya. Maybe the work will get better after all. 
A: Here’s to hoping. Cheers. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jamillos said:

A: Hey, howdy, the work sucked again today. 
B: Look, I get it, but haven’t you already come to terms with it? I mean, you say this almost every day when we meet here in this lovely pub. 
A: Yeah, I know, but what can I do, you know? 
B: I mean, stating the obvious every day, over and over, it’s really tedious. 
A: Sure, but as nothing is changing at that workplace and we meet here every day, how can I not be jaded? 
B: But saying that every day? 
A: Look, I thought we’re just friends here, and we’re venting stuff, which is normal when the work mostly sucks and we’ve been connected to it inseparably for decades in some cases. You don’t have to take it so seriously, I’m not really frustrated, I’m not a disgruntled believer, I’m basically just blowing off steam here, which I always thought this friendly place is for. 
B: Yeah but why do I have to listen to it every day?
A: Well, you don’t. There are a lot of tables with other people around us, see? And you don’t have to sit here with me; you can always stop listening, sort of skip my lines, so to speak, and sit somewhere else. In fact, every time you see me or hear my name, you can automatically zone me out as soon as you spot me, you know? This way we’ll all be happy. 
B: Yeah but why do you keep repeating your grievances on a daily basis? 
A: I believe I’ve already told you. Venting shit over a beer in a friendly pub, nothing wrong with that. I’d rather be asking why you keep listening to me every day – even though you clearly don’t have to – and then complain about my conduct, when you literally can ignore my existence.
B: Well I wanted you to see what you’re doing wrong. Direct you to the right path. There’s only one right path, you know. Come with us. 
A: Hey, I have this proposal: I’ll let you do whatever you want (as long as you’re not harming anyone else, which is out of the question here) and will ask the same from you, how about that? I won’t tell you what to do and will expect the same from you, ok? You don’t always have to understand other people’s incentives; the principle is, you should respect them, that’s all. What do you say? 
B: Ok, I guess I didn’t think of that. So to be clear: I’ll let you talk about whatever you want, even if I don’t necessarily agree with it, or rather with the frequency you talk about it; and if I don’t like it, I can always skip your table as soon as I see your face or your name written on this name plate here. Is that correct? 
A: Yes indeed! Would you say that’s fair and to the benefit of all of us?
B: Well I suppose, when you say it like this, yeah, it makes sense. Thanks, I guess. I’ll think about it. 
A: Thank you too. See, communication is not that hard as long as people actually listen to each other and try for a genuine dialogue instead of endlessly spewing two monologues at each other. So... see ya. 
B: See ya. Maybe the work will get better after all. 
A: Here’s to hoping. Cheers. 

blow as much steam as you want, my friend. I'm not going to miss out on posts like these by putting people on ignore just because they must cope with this terrible fate o'ours as fans by basically comparing Axl to other musicians for 20 years, even if they probably know full well it's useless to do that and I don't have to accept it as valid either or keep quiet about it cause at this point I think it's very silly. Perhaps we balance each other in this way, idk.

That guy really has a lot of time on this hands, haha. But just a thought here, maybe there should be a ''complain/repeat.the.same.shit.every.day'' thread on here, where people like jamillos and allwaystired and the handful of other posters who are guilty of this, can do their thing and get off while others who aren't so jaded, don't have to scroll through their constant whining. I'm being serious, that would be a win win for everyone?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

blow as much steam as you want, my friend. I'm not going to miss out on posts like these by putting people on ignore just because they must cope with this terrible fate o'ours as fans by basically comparing Axl to other musicians for 20 years, even if they probably know full well it's useless to do that and I don't have to accept it as valid either or keep quiet about it cause at this point I think it's very silly. Perhaps we balance each other in this way, idk.

Doesn’t necessarily say "ignore" is the only way, it also suggests skipping. See someone’s icon/nick? You can just skip the given post whenever you like. May the force be with you. 

Just now, jamillos said:

Doesn’t necessarily say "ignore" is the only way, it also suggests skipping. See someone’s icon/nick? You can just skip the given post whenever you like. May the force be with you. 

when I see the "jamillos" nick, I first turn off all the lights in the house and my phone so I can fully absorb the post. Live long and prosper.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

when I see the "jamillos" nick, I first turn off all the lights in the house and my phone so I can fully absorb the post. Live long and prosper.

Kinda creepy, but I'll take that as a compliment. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Kinda creepy, but I'll take that as a compliment. 

just jokes. I think we all want the same thing here, mostly. I understand the frustration, I just thought it was an appropriate time to maybe move forward from the way we choose to deal with it cause Axl has proved enough times that it is what it is, but I guess some posters here find it too important to still compare apples to oranges in order to do that, so whatever.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, jamillos said:

You are here all the time and post quite a lot, so you should know how a forum experience works. Negativity can take over the conversation/thread and even the ignore feature doesn't work then anymore and that makes a forum a less fun experience for those who don't want to dwell on the same thing all the time. No one is saying it's a big deal, but it can be annoying for sure, hence why several posters have called you out on it, but to deaf ears unfortunately.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You are here all the time and post quite a lot, so you should know how a forum experience works. Negativity can take over the conversation/thread and even the ignore feature doesn't work then anymore and that makes a forum a less fun experience for those who don't want to dwell on the same thing all the time. No one is saying it's a big deal, but it can be annoying for sure, hence why several posters have called you out on it, but to deaf ears unfortunately.

Don’t start this shit again. And you apparently haven’t read up on irony either. I’ve written more than enough text here for anyone to understand this issue as long as they’re willing. See something you don’t like? Skip it. Otherwise, fuck off. This is my last response to you. 

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Don’t start this shit again. And you apparently haven’t read up on irony either. I’ve written more than enough text here for anyone to understand this issue as long as they’re willing. See something you don’t like? Skip it. Otherwise, fuck off. This is my last response to you. 

I wasn't starting anything. I was replying to your comment by saying that you should understand how a forum works and that ''skipping'' or ''using the ignore feature'' doesn't always work. But clearly you don't understand this either, so stupid me for even giving it a go. Idiot.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cineater said:

I almost spit my coffee all over the keyboard laughing at that.  :lol:  And on that note, this thread should just die.  We beat the horse to death.

No, it really shouldn't cause we could still get an album from gn'r, but feel free to not click on this thread in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I think it could make sense to close this until it actually comes out or there's a real release date.

But then I think all the new album comments are going to still be posted on unrelated threads

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But then i think all the new album comments are going to still be poster on unrelated threads

That's true... I figured it might give some of the posters with OCD some closure if this thread is closed for the time being seeing as there's nothing to talk about anyway, but I guess you're right.

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

That guy really has a lot of time on this hands, haha. But just a thought here, maybe there should be a ''complain/repeat.the.same.shit.every.day'' thread on here, where people like jamillos and allwaystired and the handful of other posters who are guilty of this, can do their thing and get off while others who aren't so jaded, don't have to scroll through their constant whining. I'm being serious, that would be a win win for everyone?

That is already this thread lol jokes.

We all go through frustrations with this band and I have found the best way is just to really truly expect nothing and if something happens then that's a pleasant surprise.  

Others may want to vent or share opinions and they can do that too. 

There's no real news on the album at the moment and if those people didn't comment this forum will be dead in the water.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

I've never read or heard Axl talk about the deaths of West Arkeen and Shannon Hoon, or any kind of tribute.

Axl mentioned West in the 2006 radio interview with him and Eddie Trunk. West was brought up, and Sebastian Bach asked how West was doing, and Axl said something like: "He's not." Then Sebastian was a tad confused, then Axl clarified something to the effect: "He's no longer with us." Sort of an awkward moment. 

• Like 4