The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That has to be the most ridiculous thing they've ever pushed, surely? 

Give it time buddy

21 minutes ago, Ratam said:
4 hours ago, jamillos said:

I've never been afraid as to whether a new album will eventually surface. What I've been afraid of is what it will contain...

You're afraid it will.contain an turd

I think some here might do, at least in the metaphorical sense

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

No one else has been permitted to write lyrics for a long time so there won't be another "It's So Easy," "Move to the City" or "Double Talking Jive."  Axl just has to say the music isn't good enough so there's no lyrics.  Can't do many vocals without lyrics so that's how the last thirty years have gone.  Axl says the music's not good enough, the end.

You have heard him say this?

1 hour ago, UYI4 said:

Also bands that have released a new album usually get criticized when playing live for not playing songs people know or complaining about too many new songs.  This has happened a lot recently with RHCP.  I could understand why a band would say “why record and release anything.”  I think my personal frustration is all of these years hoping for new music when we’ve had the meat dangled in front of the dog per-say.  We know tons of songs were/are finished from a Chinese era, plus a likeliness of others.  They’ve been teased coming out for years but never do.  That’s discouraging from a fan perspective. Also makes the band lose some credibility.  Hence cash grab comments.  We know that Slice loves doing new records which he can do with SMKC.  They don’t need to do shit in GNR.  Hell these tours made more money than their album sales ever did to my knowledge.   I just hope we hear a lot before people start dying which probably isn’t far off. The one constant is time.  In a perfect world there’d be a CD re-release box and a new GNR album with all current players.  That’s not likely though.  I could give 2 shits about what Izzy does or Steven.  I’d like to hear Slash and Fortus collectively write.  Richard is a badass that’s understated.  It would be amazing to see.  Hell Slash and Finck would have been amazing collaborators too.  But time will tell.  One thing is for certain…they’ve all been and will continue to stock their retirements.

"Why record and release anything" I have heard a lot of different bands discuss this. The money hungry bands like KISS say what's the point, it won't sell and you just want the hits. Then you have your Maiden/Metallica/Leppards of the world where they know that the a large part of their fanbase isn't clued in on new music and just like the classic era, but instead of pandering to that 24/7, they decide that in order to keep the band fun for themselves they have to create new music.

I know GNR don't have to write another lick to sell tickets, but you would think eventually they'd be bored of playing the same old bullshit concert night in and out. Agh...🤣 I've said all of this a hundreds of times

12 minutes ago, alfierose said:

What page are we up to oh brave 1000 warriors? :lol:

998, victory on the horizon🏆 no sleep till 1000

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DustNBones1990 said:

I mean.. we make it to 1000 and then what? Axl will finally give us CDII obviously…🙄 but I feel we need something more special… a MYGNR 1000 page commitment award tee is what I’m thinking 😏😎

Yeah Alfie/mods what's in for us? let's talk prizes otherwise we're going on strike

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DustNBones1990 said:

I mean.. we make it to 1000 and then what? Axl will finally give us CDII obviously…🙄 but I feel we need something more special… a MYGNR 1000 page commitment award tee is what I’m thinking 😏😎

I think we all need to take a long, hard look at what it is we're doing with our lives......

• Haha 2

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Yeah Alfie/mods what's in for us? let's talk prizes otherwise we're going on strike

Apart from a strike not working because me and Jan could fill the last page ourselves I could give the first poster on page 1000 a club membership if they already have one they can nominate someone else. That's the best I can offer really.

• Wow 1

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

"Why record and release anything" I have heard a lot of different bands discuss this. The money hungry bands like KISS say what's the point, it won't sell and you just want the hits. Then you have your Maiden/Metallica/Leppards of the world where they know that the a large part of their fanbase isn't clued in on new music and just like the classic era, but instead of pandering to that 24/7, they decide that in order to keep the band fun for themselves they have to create new music.

I know GNR don't have to write another lick to sell tickets, but you would think eventually they'd be bored of playing the same old bullshit concert night in and out. Agh...🤣 I've said all of this a hundreds of times

bands who don't see the point cause there's no real money in making and releasing albums or think that their fanbase doesn't give a shit, are bands who lost sight of the most important reason to do it which is creating music and sharing it with the world. That's the real value of it imo.

I think Axl still wants to share more, even if the motivation to consistently release music is not there anymore, and the Chinese era procees of recording may have taken the wind out of his sails a bit as a musician. I hope he thinks of Gn'R's catalog as not enough and that will push him to eventually at least share some of what he managed to complete and if we're extra lucky maybe even something beyond that but that's entering fantasy territory, not sure.

Edited by Rovim