The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, darkside259 said:

what do you mean?

Just now, there is no dana only zool said:

... Whatchu talkin bout, Willis.jpg lol

I guess this thread moves so fast that people can"t keep up with it. :lol:

It was discussed on the previous pages. Goin' Down and the other Tommy demo from the locker leaks have been registered on ASCAP with Tommy as the only songwriter. Tommy had stated he was trying to get these songs back and it seems he eventually has. 

And it seems the same has happened with the two Ashba tracks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess this thread moves so fast that people can"t keep up with it. :lol:

It was discussed on the previous pages. Goin' Down and the other Tommy demo from the locker leaks have been registered on ASCAP with Tommy as the only songwriter. Tommy had stated he was trying to get these songs back and it seems he eventually has. 

And it seems the same has happened with the two Ashba tracks.

going down was a neat tune!! with axl on vocals 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Caedo said:

I’d say this is very unlikely. Stuff is just showing up in the last couple days in Australia so is clearly just being uploaded over the past week. More songs are still showing up, this hasn’t petered out

What did you find in Australia? I had a look yesterday and there was nothing

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It seems some of the former members are getting their songs back...

And what do you think this means ??? Why now? My guess is that Tommy asked the band or Axl, and they subsequently called Ashba now that they were doing this for Tommy.

(Unless this is not recent) 

Edited by metalavenger99

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Slash & Duff could still rerecord those Ashba demos. I mean, they rerecord Silkworms already :shrugs:

Silkworms was written heavily by Dizzy Reed, a current band member, and had pre existing Axl contributions. I think Slash and Duff won’t be touching anything Ashba did with a 10 foot pole.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Shacklers Absolution said:

The butchered awful version , yes

Eh. I know it’s subjective, but I wouldn’t say this. There are parts of each I prefer. Studio intro is way the fuck better, but the school bell is so fuckin’ silly. Old demo had the better outro verse, which added a little bite. I don’t mind the studio bridge, but they really didn’t need to sample “Eye on You.” That should have been it’s own thing.   

5 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

So, um, not sure if this is good news or any news at all but:

First time doing this on my smartphone, not in the Spotify app 'cause I don't use it, but over the browser, and there's no more GNR result for any try, be it "Atlas Shrugged", "Atlas Shr" or the "State of Grace" - "Hard skool" connection. 

Searching from a different part of town, different wifi, different ip than before. 

It was fun while it lasted... 

Back at home, searching the usual way, "Atlas Shrugged" is still gone any way I type it in, the "State of Grace" - "Hard skool" connection is visible again.

Not sure what any of this means, but I'd thought I'd let you all know. Bit crazy that the results change from time to time.

The Bumble/Ashba GNR was the worst lineup. They were a really good live act, but goddamn it’s hard to get into a band when you dislike BOTH lead guitarists. I’ve also never cared for anything I’ve heard from either of them in their other projects.

On the other hand, Robin Finck is awesome. I just saw him last Sunday. First time. Dude was dope. Glad I got to see one of the architects of Chinese Democracy

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

The Bumble/Ashba GNR was the worst lineup. They were a really good live act, but goddamn it’s hard to get into a band when you dislike BOTH lead guitarists. I’ve also never cared for anything I’ve heard from either of them in their other projects.

On the other hand, Robin Finck is awesome. I just saw him last Sunday. First time. Dude was dope. Glad I got to see one of the architects of Chinese Democracy

Agreed. Finck/Bucket era was my favorite, with an honorable nod to Finck/Bumble.

2009-14 was just awful, and got worse as it dragged on. Ashba was always unironically up his own ass and Ron couldn’t shut up about how fucking miserable he was the whole time. No new music, sporadic teases, band sounding worse along the way. Bleh.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Worth noting that the newest Taylor Swift song title “Mastermind” triggers absolutely nothing in her name in Spotify currently, further disproving the algorithm theory.

That will be a good search term to test with going forward. Any of her announced song titles honestly.