John Frusciante returns to RHCP

vloors

10 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Loving it so far. I'm also a fan of all 3 tracks that were officially released. Poster Child works really well.

I'm the same,but there are stronger songs than the 3 they released. I still love them,but better single choices on the album.

• Like 1

Okay I’ve now had time to digest the album better and can confidently say that my Top 5 are The Heavy Wing, Here Ever After, Bastards of Light, White Braids and She’s A Lover, with my honorable mentions being Its Only Natural (it’s great but it’s a ripoff of Say It Right by Nelly Furtado) and Veronica (the opening line is a little strange).

As far as ranking all the albums goes now, I think it’s just best to do it like this:

Frusciante (2nd era > 3rd era > 1st era)

Navarro

Klinghoffer

Slovak/Sherman

More specifically:

1.Californication

2.By the Way

3.Stadium Arcadium

4.Unlimited Love

5.Blood Sugar

6.Mother’s Milk

7.One Hot Minute

8.The Getaway

9.I’m With You

10.I’m Beside You

11.The Uplift

12.Freaky Styley

13.Self-Titled

I’ve been waiting for an album like this for so long. I’m still thankful for Josh’s records, but man thank fuck John came back!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

After a few spins I think that this is a good record, but not great. Too much filler on it for it to be great, but that was to be expected. Maybe I'll change my opinion after listening to it more, but I don't think it's as good as Californication or By The Way, but I doubt they will ever top those records anyway. Still a solid effort with some really great songs on it that shows that they can still make magic together.

PS, I don't mind Anthony rapping, but his flows on ''One Way Traffic'' sound like something off a DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince record...

• Like 1

Now that I’ve listened to UL several times, I can kinda see why the band calls it a double album. Tracks 1-8 are kinda different from tracks 9-17.

In case anyone is interested in the band’s schedule:

March 31st: New music video (These Are the Ways), Walk of Fame induction

April 1st: Official album release and Jimmy Kimmel performance

Some other time in April: Howard Stern show

Early June: Start of the tour

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I like These Are the Ways but I think it’s a strange choice for the next single. Oh well. At least the rest of the world will have the whole album soon.

Its a good song, not great, but it can definitely work. I guess they're waiting for Here Ever After as their 3rd official single? Arguably the album's strongest track.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Its a good song, not great, but it can definitely work. I guess they're waiting for Here Ever After as their 3rd official single? Arguably the album's strongest track.

Yeah Here Ever After is mindblowing. I guess they were worried that if they released that one early it would make the rest of the record look bad?

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah Here Ever After is mindblowing. I guess they were worried that if they released that one early it would make the rest of the record look bad?

The great thing about this album is that it hits all the marks and each song seems to be someone's favorite. So refreshing, maybe the best album since FF's Wasting Light

• Like 1