GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

18 minutes ago, Lio said:

Many EE's will come from noon or so and queue up there for many hours and they will give themselves and each other numbers to enter, it's serious business! So if you come only half an hour in advance, chances are many are in front of you. I would assume you'd still be front row though, but maybe not front Axl :lol:

Thank you very much. So, I guess I will be there about noon :)

1 hour ago, elektra_reghaired said:

Sorry for interrupting the conversation, have you go to any show with EE? I have EE for the first time for Budapest. I bought it to make sure to get the rail. So I am interested how much earlier should I come to the venue? Were lines for EEs long as for standard golden circles or is it just ok to come a half an hour earlier before regular doors opening?

I had EE ticket in London 2017 and was there from 8am and there were already loads infront of me by then. Me and my sister only just made it onto the rail on Slash’s side. Better get there early and take plenty of water :heart:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I had EE ticket in London 2017 and was there from 8am and there were already loads infront of me by then. Me and my sister only just made it onto the rail on Slash’s side. Better get there early and take plenty of water :heart:

Thanks @MillionsOfSpiders. Last year I had GC tickets for Munich and Milan and I came to both venues about 3pm. I couldn't get to the rail, of course, but I was pretty much close to the stage, so I decided to buy EEs for shows this year and I hoped that there are no many people with EEs. Definitely, I was wrong :D

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, elektra_reghaired said:

Thanks @MillionsOfSpiders. Last year I had GC tickets for Munich and Milan and I came to both venues about 3pm. I couldn't get to the rail, of course, but I was pretty much close to the stage, so I decided to buy EEs for shows this year and I hoped that there are no many people with EEs. Definitely, I was wrong :D

I think it’s the first time they’re playing Budapest, looks stunning there. I hope you get that rail, definitely let us know how it goes :heart:

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think it’s the first time they’re playing Budapest, looks stunning there. I hope you get that rail, definitely let us know how it goes :heart:

I will let you know, thank you. They played in Budapest before, but this is the first time since the reunion and all the tickets went really fast, so yes, stunning there.

Before Budapest I am going to Bucharest show (not have EE for it, just GC), and after that I am going to Athens. Oh my God, I am so excited :D especially after these changes in settlists  :hahafyou:

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 5:28 AM, BucketEgg said:

(This one, it's not actually what's being quoted that interests me the most, it's the time that it was posted. The year 2000, which puts the "Axl was a prostitute" rumour a lot earlier than the 2011 Mike Jagosz interview ( https://web.archive.org/web/20110927174719/http://proud-2-be-loud.blogspot.com/2011/08/interview-with-original-la-guns.html ).

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.gossip.celebrities/c/9Cd1MTXjZBk/m/TkDnbS82BF0J

(Since person's post was long, I've left in only the relevant bits.)

Reveal hidden contents

OK, I read the following on another message board where the
topic was sex with gay celebrities. I am certainly not vouching
for the accuracy of any of this, as we all know that you take
what you read on the net with a huge grain of salt. Some name
names, others are blind. Any comments? I'd never heard rumours
of some of these people, but hey, you never know.

"well i suck and fucked or got sucked and fucked by 2 musicians
(different times). one has been open about working the streets
when he first got here so i will mention his name axl rose from
guns 'n roses. he was hustling on santa monica blvd. the other
was just always horny, not really gay. i think i was in the
right place at the right time back then. and that is really what
it comes down to."

By "one has been open about working the streets when he first got here so i will mention his name ", I wonder if that user was trying to communicate the idea of whether Axl would mention doing that sort of stuff, or people around the place just knew that Axl was doing that sort of stuff.

And that user was just copying and pasting from another message board, which might date the rumour even earlier than the year 2000.  I tried searching for what message board it might be (even though there's a highly likely chance that an ages old message board is no longer accessible), and I came across Datalounge (very very old gossip site that was aimed at gay people, with anonymous posters). While the prostitute-rumour is occasionally mentioned there, nearly all of the older stuff (pre-2012), that might have contained claims of soliciting Axl, like the above, has been wiped from the site, and things pre-2020 are hard to search for. So until someone manages to find something older, it seems that usenet thing above is the oldest thing we know regarding that Axl-was-a-prostitute rumour.

The one below, if it's an imagined story by the author, then it's nasty, but if it isn't, then it's rather sad. (Not the sex story sort of trash, but a more "Axl Rose seemed rather ill in this moment" and it's an unpleasant story sort of trash). But I find it interesting nonetheless, because although the author doesn't state the circumstances, if it's legit, the circumstances that must've been there for the story to happen would've been bizarre.

Reveal hidden contents

User 1: Best: A tie between Chef Duff Goldman (Ace of Cakes) and Dave Coulier (Uncle Joey) Worst: Darren Aronofsky and Axl Rose

I cant tell you how awesome Duff Goldman was. He was the sweetest and nicest guest I think I have ever had. He even made the staff a cake to thank us. And Dave is still hilarious. At check out when I was thanking him for his stay, he answered with a "cut it out". This Full House fan nearly lost it.

User 2: As a fan of both, but recognizes they are huge douches (especially Rose) I gotta hear your Aronofsky and Rose stories.

User 1: Aronofsky was just a rude guest, like by the book, rude. And he had me send so many faxes and didnt like the pool view suite we had him in because of the view! Now this was when I worked a hotel with desert views, really spectacular for a city hotel and he wanted the view of the back streets. And the faxes! Sweet jesus that man loved to fax. I was the Overnight Supervisor at that point, so I would spend 1am - 3am sending faxes for him. Every night,I would send up to 45 pages of faxes. Each one to a different number or a set of 5 pages to one number and the rest to a different.

Rose..well to be honest, all I did was check him out. He smelled like shit to the point that in my 5 minutes in front of him, I had to guess that the chances that he pooped himself were quite high. And he was more of Space Cadet then..well..anyone really. Check out should take a total of 2-5 minutes. Maybe longer if they are telling you a story or complaining. His? 15 long minutes. And he didnt talk, he was just floating around the lobby. I had to call him back to the front desk, because he was paying in cash. He would count a certain amount then wander off. In fact, he was under a fake name but I had to remind myself that this was our VIP. Because throughout that ordeal, I thought he was just a homeless man who found a bunch of money and shit his pants.

Mike Jackoff is an ass, but that second leak is a little concerning. So is the other story. I feel like there's a lot people don't know about Axl's life, despite how famous he is. I don't know if he'll ever write a memoir. If he did, I don't know if I would have the heart to read it. I'm sure it would be interesting but not "fun" to read, just like these stories are very interesting but hard to get through at times.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 12:23 AM, meadsoap said:

I don't know if he'll ever write a memoir. If he did, I don't know if I would have the heart to read it. I'm sure it would be interesting but not "fun" to read, 

@meadsoap You'd think it would be gritty too?  I would defiantly read his memoir, life advice , if he had any interest in putting it out. Not so much for the sexual parts if he chose to you know , tell us that bit , but for his life advice and opinions, His achievements and his regrets. That book would be a best seller because there is no-one as brutally honest & entrancing , live life to the fullest , as Axl in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2023 at 7:50 AM, wendirosez said:

@meadsoap You'd think it would be gritty too?  I would defiantly read his memoir, life advice , if he had any interest in putting it out. Not so much for the sexual parts if he chose to you know , tell us that bit , but for his life advice and opinions, His achievements and his regrets. That book would be a best seller because there is no-one as brutally honest & entrancing , live life to the fullest , as Axl in my opinion.

Definitely. I think a book from Axl would still make a huge impact. There's so many people (men especially) of Axl's generation living with the effects of abuse that they're afraid to acknowledge. There's also people who battle depression/other mental health issues and feel like it's a fight they may lose in the end. I feel like Axl's book/life could serve as an example to some of those people and really help them (it certainly did for me, but that's a whole 'nother spiel). It's to my understanding that he's already used some of his experiences as a means to help others (like in his 1992 interview, where Axl said he had helped counsel a child who had escaped an abusive home like he did). If Axl spoke so clearly and powerfully about it then– when he had only started to go to therapy and begin to understand himself and his life– imagine what he would have to say now. 

Sadly, the reunion seems like it will prevent this from happening. Axl has chosen to silence himself for Slash and Duff's sake, which is pretty disappointing. Especially since I feel like there's much more to the story than either of them are willing to let on.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Definitely. I think a book from Axl would still make a huge impact. There's so many people (men especially) of Axl's generation living with the effects of abuse that they're afraid to acknowledge. There's also people who battle depression/other mental health issues and feel like it's a fight they may lose in the end. I feel like Axl's book/life could serve as an example to some of those people and really help them (it certainly did for me, but that's a whole 'nother spiel). It's to my understanding that he's already used some of his experiences as a means to help others (like in his 1992 interview, where Axl said he had helped counsel a child who had escaped an abusive home like he did). If Axl advocate speak so clearly and powerfully about it then– when he had only started to go to therapy and begin to understand himself and his life– imagine what he would have to say now. 

I too, remember than 92 interview very clearly ... If there was an option to give ya more than one rose and reaction. I would for all of these words  @meadsoap 🌹

Hope you ladies are good. i kind of stole something from one of our guys in the Italy thread! :awesomeface:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuaqlMTtolk/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

But it is a lovely link for those ladies who support Axl and who haven't seen .I especially found the part where he doesn't assume that her sons spelling of  his name is gonna be spelt the same as his.  its those little things like this that ...you know ...^_^

Credits to @axlvai for the link 

• Like 2

On 7/8/2023 at 6:49 AM, meadsoap said:

Definitely. I think a book from Axl would still make a huge impact. There's so many people (men especially) of Axl's generation living with the effects of abuse that they're afraid to acknowledge. There's also people who battle depression/other mental health issues and feel like it's a fight they may lose in the end. I feel like Axl's book/life could serve as an example to some of those people and really help them (it certainly did for me, but that's a whole 'nother spiel). It's to my understanding that he's already used some of his experiences as a means to help others (like in his 1992 interview, where Axl said he had helped counsel a child who had escaped an abusive home like he did). If Axl spoke so clearly and powerfully about it then– when he had only started to go to therapy and begin to understand himself and his life– imagine what he would have to say now. 

Sadly, the reunion seems like it will prevent this from happening. Axl has chosen to silence himself for Slash and Duff's sake, which is pretty disappointing. Especially since I feel like there's much more to the story than either of them are willing to let on.

I've found is in a completely different forum but it hit me like a train. 

Apart from trust issues, bused child grown adult has really twisted point on things like consent, boundaries and all those things you are supposed to understand and respect as an adult. If you meet other adult, you usually don't consider that maybe this one in particular had grown up in an environment where basic human boundaries were repeatedly violated, where screaming "No!" was a waste of energy and where at the end no one came to help or stop it. People who grew up in such an environment, when they escape, they have no clue how abnormal it is. And the people in more healthy environment also basically don't know what's going on, that's how much unimaginable these essential things are broken in them.

Little spoken is sexual abuse in men, both the more alarming one, where the victim is a child and is abused by men (especially continuous abuse from a person child knows), and lesser visible sexual abuse by women, especially in young teenagers, but can happen at any age. Men are supposed to like sex from any woman any time, and it being the one thing all their lives direct to, thus "no" or other signs of them actually not liking, even actively refusing it, is not taken seriously. Another moment, and that man is supposed to fully understand the meaning of consent. 

One thing I agree on is possible protecting Slash and Duff and what they had said during the split and the other thing is if he's willing to be eviscerated by media in such a private topic, and I bet they would pull out every dirty laundry ever and all the cliché and bad reputation ever. Like... people would shower Lewis Capaldi in sympathy for him fighting his disease and put Axl down for him...ehm...aged. People still overreact on Axl and thirty years after he had spoken about child abuse and mental health, is still fighting things like cancer or injury or any corporal disease taken as a heroism, but fighting your demons and upbringing and not being bright eyed and bushy tailed and playing well with others all the time considered your fault. 

They say Axl never stands to defend himself... and I feel sorry for him more than ever now.

Axl is introspective and verbally gifted, and at the end, he found how to escape the patterns that would hurt him and people around him. If he put this together in a book, it could be a guide to many people. Be it victim of an abuse and neglect, or people who can recognize these patterns in otherwise likable person with idiosyncrasies. I've already learned a helluva lot through him and I'm forever grateful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Alja said:

Axl is introspective and verbally gifted, and at the end, he found how to escape the patterns that would hurt him and people around him. If he put this together in a book, it could be a guide to many people.

This. 

1 hour ago, Alja said:

but it hit me like a train. 

I've already learned a helluva lot through him and I'm forever grateful.

& This.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 1:47 PM, DurhamGirl said:

Who is  Andrei Gillot?

The nicest guy I met on this tour. He's a good friend of Axl's and he's also the promoter. Had the pleasure to meet him twice on this tour and when Guns were staying at a hotel in Duesseldorf/Germany 2 weeks ago we had a long chat and he even took the time to take pics with a bystander who was pestering everyone, even later that night when they came back from the show. He even gave Andrei his baby to hold for photos and Andrei did it all whereas Frank (rightfully) told him off.

50 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What’s he the promoter of? The promoter of finding young intelligent models and that’s about it.

And who the fuck wants their picture with him, he’s not in the band :lol:

That's what I was wondering: who would give his own child to this jerk for the photo and why for God's sake? I used to read a lot of different and weird things here in this forum, but I thought I would never hear something bizarre like this

• Like 3

3 hours ago, elektra_reghaired said:

That's what I was wondering: who would give his own child to this jerk for the photo and why for God's sake? I used to read a lot of different and weird things here in this forum, but I thought I would never hear something bizarre like this

Sounds like a great parent doesn’t he, out at night stalking leeches of the GnR touring party with his baby in tow. 

Andrei posing for pics with fans is hilarious and just as a bizarre thing - what an ego on him. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Sounds like a great parent doesn’t he, out at night stalking leeches of the GnR touring party with his baby in tow. 

Andrei posing for pics with fans is hilarious and just as a bizarre thing - what an ego on him. 

Everyone Axl's hanger on have  more ego than Axl has.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Great parent :facepalm:

Just imagine the situation when the child grows up and parents show him photos from his childhood: "Look, here are you when we were at the holiday, this is you at the beach, this is at your birthday party and here is the greatest one with Andrei holding you, he is very famous and kind person doing a great job, finding young girls to help them to succeed in their lives."

IMO it is ok if someone wants a photo with the band member and is not lazy to wait the whole day in hotel or at the airport (for sure I wouldn't bother myself with this), but to give an importance to jerks like Andrei by asking and begging him for the photo I think is really insane.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What’s he the promoter of? The promoter of finding young intelligent models and that’s about it.

And who the fuck wants their picture with him, he’s not in the band :lol:

Awww. The green-eyed monster talking LOL Judging someone you've never met. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, elektra_reghaired said:

That guy was a collector. He told me he goes to that hotel regularly whenever bands are there. It was bizarre, yes. And he wouldn't stop even after Frank told him off.

57 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Not to defend the guy but he wasn't out at night with his baby in tow. It was in the afternoon before the band left for the gig in Weert. I thought he was a bystander at first when I was chatting with Fernando and Andrei and he just interrupted asking who they were. I only learnt later that day, after the band were back and he came back without his wife and child but with a bag of GNR stuff to sign that he's a collector. He told me he does that regularly, the week before he was doing the same with the Scorpions. He pestered Frank who was very kind to him and wouldn't stop when Frank came back from a late night dog walk. 

1 hour ago, IzzysMissy said:

LOL THAT TOOLBAG ANDREI IS NOT A PROMOTER🤣🤣 he’s the Hollywood Pussy Posse wrangler.. 

Yeah, you gotta know .... from gossip forums? LOL