GN’R Greatest Hits Vinyl - release Sept 25th

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Where did you order from? 

Not sure where in the world you are, but HMV in the UK have it in stock again. If it's possible to cancel the order maybe you could re-order from them? They're reputable and got mine to me the day of release.  

I’m in the States. Ordered the Gold Splatter from uDiscover. 

Thanks for the HMV tip though.

Edited by Stryker
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 5:59 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I have 117 Degrees in blue as well, it sounds good but I agree about the artwork seeming low-res.

Today, I got the Contraband Red & White re-issue that came out last year and the artwork is actually really good. Maybe they took some of the negative feedback and are doing better with recent releases. Here's hoping they get around to the Snakepit albums!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Today, I got the Contraband Red & White re-issue that came out last year and the artwork is actually really good. Maybe they took some of the negative feedback and are doing better with recent releases. Here's hoping they get around to the Snakepit albums!

Ain't Life Grand would be pretty nice to have on vinyl. :devilshades:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Is MOV the company that takes requests for vinyls? If so - I have already sent a request for IFOS...would like that on vinyl. The more requests they get the more they might take it seriously!

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2020 at 8:14 PM, Stryker said:

My gold colored vinyl still hasn’t been shipped. The estimated release date is now 12/18 on the product page, so my hope is that if it goes out Friday USPS will have it to my door in about 6 weeks.

That is absolutely bonkers! I'd have cancelled that order months ago if it was me....I admire your patience! 

• 4 months later...
On 5/11/2021 at 2:19 AM, jackparker123 said:

I'd need to come across this for even cheaper than that to be interested. I have all the GN'R albums on vinyl along with the 7" for Sympathy. So there's no real reason to own it for me. 

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd need to come across this for even cheaper than that to be interested. I have all the GN'R albums on vinyl along with the 7" for Sympathy. So there's no real reason to own it for me. 

Really £20 is the price it should have been from day one. Although like a sucker I bought it thinking it might sell out. I wish I had waited!

Vinyl is crazily priced nowadays so I don't buy it that often. I know you're a big vinyl guy.

I did end up paying about £20 for the Sound City Sessions 3LP not long ago though so I can't complain. Universal sent me out that instead of the 2018 Live Like A Suicide that I ordered and they said I could keep it for free, so all I spent was around the £20 that it cost me on import duty. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

But, but this has “new” music 😂

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Really £20 is the price it should have been from day one. Although like a sucker I bought it thinking it might sell out. I wish I had waited!

Vinyl is crazily priced nowadays so I don't buy it that often. I know you're a big vinyl guy.

I did end up paying about £20 for the Sound City Sessions 3LP not long ago though so I can't complain. Universal sent me out that instead of the 2018 Live Like A Suicide that I ordered and they said I could keep it for free, so all I spent was around the £20 that it cost me on import duty. 

Yeah, vinyl is a bit over priced currently but like you said, GN'R way overpriced this on top of that. 

I'll wait it out just like I did with Locked & Loaded. The only application I could see for owning GH (for me) is if I had a big party and wanted to throw on the hits instead of a different full GN'R album. 

13 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

But, but this has “new” music 😂

I honestly didn't even look into the track list. Did they add Shadow to it? If so, I'm set on that anyway. I have the 7" for it from the L&L set plus I have it on the Brownstone 12" single from when it was actually new the first time haha

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, vinyl is a bit over priced currently but like you said, GN'R way overpriced this on top of that. 

I'll wait it out just like I did with Locked & Loaded. The only application I could see for owning GH (for me) is if I had a big party and wanted to throw on the hits instead of a different full GN'R album. 

I honestly didn't even look into the track list. Did they add Shadow to it? If so, I'm set on that anyway. I have the 7" for it from the L&L set plus I have it on the Brownstone 12" single from when it was actually new the first time haha

The original version of shadow from the LLAS sessions is my favorite version by far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Since they didn't add Better to the new GH, I'd play the full Chinese Democracy album instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Since they didn't add Better to the new GH, I'd play the full Chinese Democracy album instead.

That's the album most of my friends pull on Friday night anyway. I actually don't play much GN'R anymore myself. When they do get played, it's usually because a friend went and pulled the Euro pressing of CD. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

The original version of shadow from the LLAS sessions is my favorite version by far. 

Isn’t the sound city version technically the original? Despite being released later? (On the LALD single if I recall correctly).

Edited by rocknroll41

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's the album most of my friends pull on Friday night anyway. I actually don't play much GN'R anymore myself. When they do get played, it's usually because a friend went and pulled the Euro pressing of CD. 

I bet that sounds magical! CD on vinyl on proper equipment probably beats any method I've listened to it before, which is on compact disc with my Ford Explorer and Ranger Sony stereos, or on my $25 Philips home stereo. 

26 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I bet that sounds magical! CD on vinyl on proper equipment probably beats any method I've listened to it before, which is on compact disc with my Ford Explorer and Ranger Sony stereos, or on my $25 Philips home stereo. 

The American vinyl pressing was botched, but apparently the European pressing sounds really good.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The Euro pressing specifically sounds amazing. The US pressing sounds great for the first few songs on each side, but the Euro pressing destroys the US pressing for the last few songs on each side. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The Euro pressing specifically sounds amazing. The US pressing sounds great for the first few songs on each side, but the Euro pressing destroys the US pressing for the last few songs on each side. 

Can confirm. US has significant inner grove distortion. Wish I just saved up and got the EU off Discogs.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The American vinyl pressing was botched, but apparently the European pressing sounds really good.

Europeans do seem to have their processes down well when it comes to quality in manufacturing.

Heckler & Koch, FN Herstal, and Mercedes-Benz comes to mind. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1