GN’R Greatest Hits Vinyl - release Sept 25th

8 hours ago, BigVanVader said:

As long as we're going down that route, I would think it would be closer to pills and saline injections to make it look bigger.

Locked n' Loaded did add a few songs from Marquee Club 1987, 1986 Sound City Sessions and even more.

We can only hope that these re-releases (Locked n' Loaded, Greatest Hits LP) are just the tip of the release strategy.  For too long GNR fans have gotten the shaft.  It's really nice when these releases come to fruition.

The what ? The day  GNR have a release strategy outside of “soon” I’ll eat a hat. 

Edited by IrishgunnerII

Just an FYI for everyone complaining about the flipped image, seems that image has always been flipped.  Looked it up on the web and can't find it the normal way.  Looks like there are other flipped images from that same photographer/show too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-hard-truth-about-guns-n-roses-56711/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insidehook.com/article/music/guns-n-roses-live-show-ritz-1988/amp

Edited by Bitchisback

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Just an FYI for everyone complaining about the flipped image, seems that image has always been flipped.  Looked it up on the web and can't find it the normal way.  Looks like there are other flipped images from that same photographer/show too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-hard-truth-about-guns-n-roses-56711/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insidehook.com/article/music/guns-n-roses-live-show-ritz-1988/amp

Cheers for posting I'll carry on complaining though.

It's a fucking joke that they couldn't get pictures the correct way round in an album sleeve, and that no-one seemed to care enough to correct it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigVanVader said:

What's wrong with the picture?  How is it supposed to look?

I posted a few shots earlier in the thread. It's reversed - it looks as if Slash and Duff are both playing the guitar left handed. 

Someone was saying that other examples of the same photo are the same way, (i.e. the source material was wrong to start with) which really doesn't excuse the point in my view! 

Flipped images are normal in both movies and other media/published items.

Even Star Wars movies have flipped images or video for some shots.

Sometimes, the director or whomever is responsible for the overall content appearance will choose to go that route. It's usually a deliberate choice, and not a mistake. Perhaps it fit better, looked better, whatever.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Sometimes, the director or whomever is responsible for the overall content appearance will choose to go that route. It's usually a deliberate choice, and not a mistake. Perhaps it fit better, looked better, whatever.

I can't imagine they flipped the image because they thought it looked better lol, there's really no excuse for such an obvious error. If they really did think it looked better to have 3 people playing their instruments wrong-handed then I don't know what to say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Oh come on! Are you HONESTLY suggesting that they did this on purpose? That they deliberately, and intentionally put the picture the wrong way round, so that everything is, and they are playing guitars with the wrong hand? Bearing in mind also how annoyed Slash was when a similar thing happened with Live Era and it was subsequently altered? 

That's just a stretch too far for ANY apologist. It's nothing but good old fashioned rank incompetence, from anyone and everyone who were involved in designing and approving this. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

There was a time when I probably would've bought this album as soon as it was announced, just so my vinyl collection was "complete", but now I just don't care as much. I already have all the songs on their other records, and the SOYL 7" w/ MTTC Acoustic. Plus, it's more expensive than the AFD remaster and they fucked up the artwork.

However, I did just buy a sealed copy of the Sound City Sessions 3LP vinyl from someone on here. B-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Slash expressed his disappointment that there was also a flipped image of him on Live Era.

We talked about it more detail when the GH vinyl was first announced, so you might be able to find the in depth discussion somewhere on here.

And I doubt that a designer is gonna change up Slashs trademark guitar image. That would be like deciding to edit the tophat onto Melissa instead!

54 minutes ago, soon said:

Slash expressed his disappointment that there was also a flipped image of him on Live Era.

We talked about it more detail when the GH vinyl was first announced, so you might be able to find the in depth discussion somewhere on here.

And I doubt that a designer is gonna change up Slashs trademark guitar image. That would be like deciding to edit the tophat onto Melissa instead!

Slash doesn't always call the shots.

Flipping images is quite common, if it can happen to Boba Fett from Star Wars (and many, many others) it can happen to Slash. It's just graphic design. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Oh come on! Are you HONESTLY suggesting that they did this on purpose? That they deliberately, and intentionally put the picture the wrong way round, so that everything is, and they are playing guitars with the wrong hand? Bearing in mind also how annoyed Slash was when a similar thing happened with Live Era and it was subsequently altered? 

That's just a stretch too far for ANY apologist. It's nothing but good old fashioned rank incompetence, from anyone and everyone who were involved in designing and approving this. 

Talk to a film editor or graphic designer. This happens all the time. Who accidentally flips an image? It does happen, even today, but it's more than likely an intentional occurrence, however of a bad call it was. 

16 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Slash doesn't always call the shots.

Flipping images is quite common, if it can happen to Boba Fett from Star Wars (and many, many others) it can happen to Slash. It's just graphic design. 

Talk to a film editor or graphic designer. This happens all the time. Who accidentally flips an image? It does happen, even today, but it's more than likely an intentional occurrence, however of a bad call it was. 

Good grief. Damn straight Slash doesn't always calls the shots...otherwise he'd have pointed out the error like he did with Live Era! 

I honestly never thought I'd see people defend obviously glaring errors as intentional! 

There is not one reason, whatsoever, to print a backwards image of the band. It makes everyone involved look stupid and the product look crap. 

Next up: the sound problems on the Chinese vinyl were put there intentionally and Live Era images were also deliberately put the wrong way round. Then corrected deliberately. Even though they were meant to be the wrong way round. 

We're absolutely in the Twilight Zone if errors in album sleeves are being defended as intentional! 

Just now, allwaystired said:

Good grief. Damn straight Slash doesn't always calls the shots...otherwise he'd have pointed out the error like he did with Live Era! 

I honestly never thought I'd see people defend obviously glaring errors as intentional! 

There is not one reason, whatsoever, to print a backwards image of the band. It makes everyone involved look stupid and the product look crap. 

Next up: the sound problems on the Chinese vinyl were put there intentionally and Live Era images were also deliberately put the wrong way round. Then corrected deliberately. Even though they were meant to be the wrong way round. 

We're absolutely in the Twilight Zone if errors in album sleeves are being defended as intentional! 

Life is so much more pleasant when you ignore the things that don't matter. I was simply offering an alternative explanation. Sometimes, seemingly meaningless things are by design.

That concludes the lesson for today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Life is so much more pleasant when you ignore the things that don't matter. I was simply offering an alternative explanation. Sometimes, seemingly meaningless things are by design.

That concludes the lesson for today.

Well....none of this matters. It's a GNR forum, so about as trivial as it gets really. It clearly matters to you though quite a lot, as you seem to want to tell people that an error is made 'by intention', so perhaps heeding your own sage words might be the first port of call, should you not wish to engage. 

When someone does respond to talk about a clear fuck up in something they've bought by ludicrously telling them that the fuck up is intentional, it really shouldn't come as a surprise that people respond, pointing out how ridiculous that notion is. 

If it doesn't matter to you, by all means, feel free to move on. 

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well....none of this matters. It's a GNR forum, so about as trivial as it gets really. It clearly matters to you though quite a lot, as you seem to want to tell people that an error is made 'by intention', so perhaps heeding your own sage words might be the first port of call, should you not wish to engage. 

When someone does respond to talk about a clear fuck up in something they've bought by ludicrously telling them that the fuck up is intentional, it really shouldn't come as a surprise that people respond, pointing out how ridiculous that notion is. 

If it doesn't matter to you, by all means, feel free to move on. 

The language with this one!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, allwaystired said:

And the odd fact that the live era cover is from poster made in ‘85 and ‘86, but the album is labeled 87-93. It’s a shitty cover. 

• Like 2