[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

• 7 months later...

One show in Dezember and then tour starts in January. I think we'll get more info about forthcoming albums, session work and maybe about some GNR plans during this time, when they're touring or even after the break that Slash is currently taking, which probably won't last long. When he's not with Guns he isn't media shy, so we should get some news soon.

Anybody an idea when this Michael Schenker album is coming? 

23 hours ago, Free Bird said:

One show in Dezember and then tour starts in January. I think we'll get more info about forthcoming albums, session work and maybe about some GNR plans during this time, when they're touring or even after the break that Slash is currently taking, which probably won't last long. When he's not with Guns he isn't media shy, so we should get some news soon.

Anybody an idea when this Michael Schenker album is coming? 

The Dec show isn't a SMKC show though, just Slash and Myles guesting at the jam.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

437636157_419013090_1949765992083658_711

Probably doing some shooting for upcoming single (?) release. They are recording him, not just taking photos. Gibson ES-335 in Slash's hands?

Yeah I saw some other pictures on Insta where it says they‘re doing a video. The setting would fit to something bluesy

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this album and I hope it doesn't disappoint.. The last thing Guns related that I could get into was World of Fire.. The CD leftovers, last two SMKC and Tenderness were all pretty terrible IMO.. Not even going to bother listening to t nheew Duff record. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Really looking forward to this album and I hope it doesn't disappoint.. The last thing Guns related that I could get into was World of Fire.. The CD leftovers, last two SMKC and Tenderness were all pretty terrible IMO.. Not even going to bother listening to t nheew Duff record. 

Yea, this album is the most interested I've been in new Slash music for years. I couldn't care less about more SMKC albums, but a blues-oriented Slash & Friends 2 should be really fucking cool.

The GNR singles have all been mediocre... but what did you think of Monsters?

• Like 1

I'm very excited about the upcoming Slash solo album. in addition, Slash already composed at least 10 songs for The Conspirators which he has yet to release from before "4" was released. I'd like to hear those as well. 

hopefully the next Conspirators album will have better production. There were a lot of cool Slash ideas on "4" and tunes which I still listen to. It should be easier for Slash now to work as covid is not really as much of an issue.

also Myles was not 100% healthy when he recorded "4" so the next one should be stronger vocally.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I'm very excited about the upcoming Slash solo album. in addition, Slash already composed at least 10 songs for The Conspirators which he has yet to release from before "4" was released. I'd like to hear those as well. 

hopefully the next Conspirators album will have better production. There were a lot of cool Slash ideas on "4" and tunes which I still listen to. It should be easier for Slash now to work as covid is not really as much of an issue.

also Myles was not 100% healthy when he recorded "4" so the next one should be stronger vocally.

They need to get rid of Dave Cobb and go back to Elvis.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Personaly I think 4 benifited a lot from Myles not being in top form.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Personaly I think 4 benifited a lot from Myles not being in top form.

is it because you prefer his lower register? while I'm not really a fan of Myls's vocal timbre, I felt that "4" lacked some energy because Myles sang too low for what the instrumentals kinda were asking for. sometimes when Myles goes for the really high notes it adds to the song imo like Starlight and Battleground and a lot of tunes from LTD as well.

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

is it because you prefer his lower register? while I'm not really a fan of Myls's vocal timbre, I felt that "4" lacked some energy because Myles sang too low for what the instrumentals kinda were asking for. sometimes when Myles goes for the really high notes it adds to the song imo like Starlight and Battleground and a lot of tunes from LTD as well.

Generaly yes, I prefer his lower register voice. But as you said, sometimes his high notes fit the songs. I would name Halo and Far and Away.

Just now, Rindmelon said:

VR's a bit of a blind spot for me outside of a few songs, love Snakepit though

Slash also used Elvis Baskette's blue ES-335 while recording World On Fire if I'm not mistaken. iirc he made fun of its color, but said it sounded great.

• Like 1