[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

11 minutes ago, Chuerta86 said:

Have you received your signed box set? Mine is still pending, I ordered from the Slash shop and was supposed to be sent out in the 14th.

I don’t think any of the signed box sets have shipped

I got my Slash 4 Les Paul yesterday. Came with a full band signed litho. I wonder if they pulled those from the box sets for the guitar release. It’s the only thing that we could be waiting on that’s not available 

• Like 1

My signed cd box set came yesterday. I really like it. I took this pic before I opened it. I was actually surprised the auto was just put in the envelope with the set and no other protection around it. Now I am just waiting for my signed vinyl set.235E8767-5C19-484E-A1F5-CAB9D5B2B302.thumb.jpeg.1ac93feadd59526d88699403b7faac99.jpeg

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

My signed cd box set came yesterday. I really like it. I took this pic before I opened it. I was actually surprised the auto was just put in the envelope with the set and no other protection around it. Now I am just waiting for my signed vinyl set.235E8767-5C19-484E-A1F5-CAB9D5B2B302.thumb.jpeg.1ac93feadd59526d88699403b7faac99.jpeg

Looks awesome though.  I got a shipping notification for mine, but it hasn't left the warehouse yet 🙁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Towelie said:

Anyone else bothered by his solo or rather, non-solo on Whatever Gets You By? Utter wankage. I dont mind it when he does that shit live, but on the record I prefer an actually thought out, structured solo.

I’d say it fits the song, great energy. Could’ve done something else at 2.32-2.35 but love the cutting sound in the last part right after that :)

More bothered by the C’est la vie solo, should have stayed on the talk box

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Towelie said:

Anyone else bothered by his solo or rather, non-solo on Whatever Gets You By? Utter wankage. I dont mind it when he does that shit live, but on the record I prefer an actually thought out, structured solo.

That's how most of the record is, now that they've been playing it live a little bit the solos are better. There's certain parts that he's got figured out now.

I believe out of all the records that SMKC had made, this has been the one that does get better with each listen the most. However I do think Slash will have a problem with sales for 4, which is strange as he promoted it well imo. Does anyone else feel as if this won't sell well? I know it's early days but judging by the amount of reviews on Amazon UK, we only have 30 for the CD and 77 for the vinyl. Comparing this to LTD - 738 vinyl and WOF - 1262 vinyl.

1 hour ago, skik08 said:

I believe out of all the records that SMKC had made, this has been the one that does get better with each listen the most. 

Not sure I agree with that, but I was listening to Fall Back To Earth after I came home drunk last night, and it blew me away lol.

Much like with WOFs 17 songs, I find that establishing a relationship with each song, removed from the album, as in listen to a certain song only and not the album all the way through, really makes it better in the long run. Using this method I came to like songs on WOF I skipped in the beginning, Iris Of The Storm, Avalon and Too Far Gone, even becoming my favourites after I've listened to other songs to death. When you listen all the way through it becomes kind of a big blur, and you don't appreciate the nuances and each song as much.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 2/27/2022 at 3:02 PM, Towelie said:

I don't know about the album but in the livestream Whatever Gets You Buy has one of the very best Slash/Myles moments during the solo. For me a highlight of this record.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1