[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

Whatever Gets You By grew on me and I'm really into it since yesterday... it's one of my favorites now but I can't choose one.

WGYB, C'est La Vie, Spirit Love and Fall Back To Earth are on my A-list.

2. tier are April Fool, River is Rising, Fill My World, Call Off The Dogs and Actions Speak...

It's a record full of good songs.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3

Not sure anyone mentioned, but the whole album is mixed with Dolby Atmos. Sounds a bit better than the regular mix, but the soundstage is a little awkward for some songs with less stereo separation for the rhythm guitars. Also, the solos are sometimes a bit too loud. Of course there's a lot of fellow guitarists who dig this approach, but I'm not sure this would be the best option for regular listeners. 

10 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Not sure anyone mentioned, but the whole album is mixed with Dolby Atmos. Sounds a bit better than the regular mix, but the soundstage is a little awkward for some songs with less stereo separation for the rhythm guitars. Also, the solos are sometimes a bit too loud. Of course there's a lot of fellow guitarists who dig this approach, but I'm not sure this would be the best option for regular listeners. 

How do we go about get the Atmos Mix to play vs regular stereo? 

2 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

i was wondering witch solo you prefer. My is maybe "Spirit love"

The weakest song has probably the best solo imo... The Path Less Followed.

Other than that are Fill My World, Fall Back To Earth outro, Spitit Love and April Fool outro

All based on Live At Studios 60

Edit: Whatever Gets You By has a solo that fits the song perfectly in my opinion and the combination between Myles and Slash's guitar is awesome in this one when Myles screams during the solo before Slash increases the tempo

Edited by Free Bird

5 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I think it's something new they're working on (or a cover I'm not familiar with). Ye, the clip before and after Kimo's dance moves (lol).

Well spotted! Sounds great. Can't believe these guys are rehearsing for their 5th album literally on the beginning of their tour of 4. You simply can't deny their work rate.

• Like 1

Album arrived in the mail today, gave it a spin. My initial top 3 are: River Is Rising (Had heard it once prior to this spin), Fill My World and Fall Back to Earth. I think it is in the bottom of the catalog overall but I know I'll have to do a couple more listens.  That being said it was nice to have a relatively short album, so many albums are too long now a days.

3 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

Album arrived in the mail today, gave it a spin. My initial top 3 are: River Is Rising (Had heard it once prior to this spin), Fill My World and Fall Back to Earth. I think it is in the bottom of the catalog overall but I know I'll have to do a couple more listens.  That being said it was nice to have a relatively short album, so many albums are too long now a days.

Do yourself a favour and listen to the Live At Studios 60 recordings instead of listening to the record. They played the entire record live but it's with better sound and better solos.

You can find it on youtube.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Dissident said:

4 has no absolute garbage like Slow Grind or We Will Roam though. Every song has something cool about it. It also is more diverse than AL and LTD. Overall I'd rank it above LTD and on par with AL because of that.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think after this tour they should go back in the studio and record 4 again, it would sound a lot better now. The live versions of all the new songs sound so much better than the record, like it sounds more confident because they know what they're doing now.

Of course you're right, but we both know this won't happen. After the tour 4 will be a closed topic and they just start working on the new record (which they already did)

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:37 PM, Bitchisback said:

did anybody buy from newbury comics to get the autographed version?

I got the cd box set from there but it hasn't shipped yet, just wondering if anyone else's has.

Have you received your signed box set? Mine is still pending, I ordered from the Slash shop and was supposed to be sent out in the 14th.