[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

8 hours ago, skik08 said:

I believe out of all the records that SMKC had made, this has been the one that does get better with each listen the most. However I do think Slash will have a problem with sales for 4, which is strange as he promoted it well imo. Does anyone else feel as if this won't sell well? I know it's early days but judging by the amount of reviews on Amazon UK, we only have 30 for the CD and 77 for the vinyl. Comparing this to LTD - 738 vinyl and WOF - 1262 vinyl.

I don't think he cares about sales so much, but I think it'll sell pretty well overall with all the promotion that Gibson has been doing for it.

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Not sure I agree with that, but I was listening to Fall Back To Earth after I came home drunk last night, and it blew me away lol.

Much like with WOFs 17 songs, I find that establishing a relationship with each song, removed from the album, as in listen to a certain song only and not the album all the way through, really makes it better in the long run. Using this method I came to like songs on WOF I skipped in the beginning, Iris Of The Storm, Avalon and Too Far Gone, even becoming my favourites after I've listened to other songs to death. When you listen all the way through it becomes kind of a big blur, and you don't appreciate the nuances and each song as much.

Too Far Gone is badass.

After listening to both the record and the studio 60 video I think some of the performances on the record are better, like Spirit Love and Fall Back To Earth. In the Total Guitar interview he said that he wanted to go with a different producer this time for a different sound (which he definitely got) but personally I would've liked the continuity in sound if they had gone with Elvis again. Like the album would've sounded like it belongs alongside WOF and LTD.

33 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't think he cares about sales so much, but I think it'll sell pretty well overall with all the promotion that Gibson has been doing for it.

Too Far Gone is badass.

After listening to both the record and the studio 60 video I think some of the performances on the record are better, like Spirit Love and Fall Back To Earth. In the Total Guitar interview he said that he wanted to go with a different producer this time for a different sound (which he definitely got) but personally I would've liked the continuity in sound if they had gone with Elvis again. Like the album would've sounded like it belongs alongside WOF and LTD.

I have disagree here. I like both songs a lot more on the studios 60 recording.

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Too Far Gone is badass.

The song that definitely sounds better on the record is April Fool. That honk in the main riff 🤤 sounds like a sped up Get The Lead Out

Also love The Path Less Followed as is on the record…think I listened to that one the most so far

9 minutes ago, jemile said:

The song that definitely sounds better on the record is April Fool. That honk in the main riff 🤤 sounds like a sped up Get The Lead Out

Also love The Path Less Followed as is on the record…think I listened to that one the most so far

I have to disagree again but the outro they did for April Fool was live so much better compared to the record's... took it to next level imo...

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

He spent more time noodling and talking than actually listening to the song.

At least SMKC doesn't make joke music like the Darkness.

Some SMKC songs definitely make me laugh though.....

On 3/1/2022 at 7:48 PM, smoking guns said:

I ordered one of the 500 deluxe versions with the mini Gibson guitar. Still nothing. Anyone else still waiting?

I’m still waiting for my signed version. Luckily, the Slash 4 Les Paul is a great playing guitar and it’s tying things over

https://imgur.com/a/jqssUep

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Is there anything unique about the guitar besides the atrocious 4 decal?  Or is it pretty much the standard slash edition Les Paul?

It’s a normal Slash standard with a limited color top. I’ll keep it for now as it plays great.

If the secondary market gets really nuts on them then I’ll have to rethink and just replace with another Slash Standard. I have a feeling they are going to release another run with that color though. 

Yeah, I’m glad they left the decal off. It would cover a nice looking top 

• GNFNR 1

Actions Speak Louder Than Words is awful because of Myles's pure cringe lyrics. It's the Mind Your Manners of the new album. Honestly Slash could have been picked a random crackhead off the street and they would have written better songs than Myles. Can't believe he's wasting so many quality instrumentals on him.

40 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Actions Speak Louder Than Words is awful because of Myles's pure cringe lyrics. It's the Mind Your Manners of the new album. Honestly Slash could have been picked a random crackhead off the street and they would have written better songs than Myles. Can't believe he's wasting so many quality instrumentals on him.

Your opinion makes me laugh. Thanks 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I love Actions Speak Louder Than Words. But then I loved Mind Your Manners too.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Has Slash not wasted the last 6 years with someone who doesn't write songs ever?

4 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

The shows seem to be selling well though

Yea the tour seems to be going well. Honestly, if they actually came to my city and tickets were cheap, I'd go see them. Unfortunately it seems like most 'casual fans' are done with the new albums though. SMKC is down to its core niche fan-base, and I can't help but think it's because Myles is clearly the weak link at this point.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea the tour seems to be going well. Honestly, if they actually came to my city and tickets were cheap, I'd go see them. Unfortunately it seems like most 'casual fans' are done with the new albums though. SMKC is down to its core niche fan-base, and I can't help but think it's because Myles is clearly the weak link at this point.

Personally I'm fine with the casual fans staying home because they're the ones shouting for scom etc to be played, which gets annoying.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

Personally I'm fine with the casual fans staying home because they're the ones shouting for scom etc to be played, which gets annoying.

Yea, I can see why casual fans would expect at least 1-2 GNR songs (probably Nightrain or Rocket Queen) but it would be pretty lame if the band was touring their 4th album and still playing GNR covers every night. I can't imagine Slash has any desire to play SCOM outside of GNR gigs.

• Like 3