[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

I listened to the Studio 60 thing first all the way through and a few other tracks of the album version. I always have high expectations when it comes to Slash and the album isn’t amazing but it’s definitely not bad. Solid stuff even though I wish it was longer and the album production was better. With that said C’est La Vie is a banger dude. Keep going back to that one. That Fill My World and to a littler lesser extent Fall To Earth are rock solid tunes that are a cut above the rest imo. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, skik08 said:

Where would people rank the album? For me it goes Apocalyptic love > World on Fire > 4 > LTD. Love all the album's to be honest. Comparing it to the modern rock scene, it's well above most of the rest. 

That's pretty difficult to rank imo... Every SMKC record is a pretty strong release. As long as we count the Studios 60 performance as sound of the new album then I think Apocalyptic Love is the weakest one, even if it has some killer tunes on it. 

34 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I'd go:

LTD > WOF > 4/AL tied

This is insane to me lol. Every song on WOF has atleast one incredible thing about it, the only song from LTD I still listen to is Serve You Right. Never get the itch for any other song from LTD, just feels like WOF but more bland somehow. 4 has it beat by a pretty big margin, I'd go WOF > 4 > AL > LTD

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Well because Serve You Right, Lost Inside The Girl, Reed Between The Lines, The One You Loved Is Gone, The Great Pretender and Boulevard Of Broken Hearts

:lol:

Add Mind Your Manners and Driving Rain. Both great rockers.

I love WOF, but I do think it's a bit long. There's at least 5 songs on WOF I could've done without. It would've been an awesome ten track album imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Add Mind Your Manners and Driving Rain. Both great rockers.

I love WOF, but I do think it's a bit long. There's at least 5 songs on WOF I could've done without. It would've been an awesome ten track album imo.

I don’t mind the length of WOF but I think the second half isn't that great. I literally hate Withered Delilah and I'm not the biggest fan of Iris Of The Storm, Avalon and The Dissident. I know those songs get a lot of love here but I just don't like them very much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skik08 said:

Where would people rank the album? For me it goes Apocalyptic love > World on Fire > 4 > LTD. Love all the album's to be honest. Comparing it to the modern rock scene, it's well above most of the rest. 

I think LTD is better than 4.

4 hours ago, Towelie said:

I'd go:

LTD > WOF > 4/AL tied

Mine would be LTD/WOF tied > 4/AL tied. LTD really was an extension of WOF if you listen to some of those songs, like they could've gone on WOF easily. 4 is definitely a little different than all the others though.

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think LTD is better than 4.

Mine would be LTD/WOF tied > 4/AL tied. LTD really was an extension of WOF if you listen to some of those songs, like they could've gone on WOF easily. 4 is definitely a little different than all the others though.

That was a reason why I didn't like the single releases of LTD before the actual record release. They all sounded to much like WOF songs. But the rest of the album has its own vibe imo. Like every Slash record has its own vibe to this day imo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LA_0013 said:

Perfect ranking. although personally I’d switch LTD and 4 but the rest is spot on

Am I the only one who likes Slash's self-titled album a lot? It has some of the most diverse playing by Slash IMO. Don't understand why it's rated the lowest. 

Edited by 22frets
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Cool, he has my exact ranking that I posted before.:lol: I'd rank ALG higher than 5OClock though, Rod Jacksons voice is simply unbelievable Eric Dover has no chance compared to it, just lightning in a bottle, and the only one who could match Axl in voice and charisma.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Cool, he has my exact ranking that I posted before.:lol: I'd rank ALG higher than 5OClock though, Rod Jacksons voice is simply unbelievable Eric Dover has no chance compared to it, just lightning in a bottle, and the only one who could match Axl in voice and charisma.

I'm ok with his ranking of the Snakepit albums but the rest is difficult to rank imo. I know Slash would be higher on my list.

22 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

It’s his best. Right up there with Snakepit 1 & 2

An album that requires one to listen to Fergie, Nicole Scherzinger and Adam Levine will never rank higher than any of Slashs other work to be honest. I could stop right there, but if THAT didn't make your ears bleed, the cringe rap bastardization of Paradise City will. Yeah no, give me any of Slashs other work.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Eh those were extra tracks and Gotten is one of Slash’s best songs. Never was a fan of Adam Levine but he fit that song perfectly

Well that's what's on Spotify now, so they seem to be part of the album from now on. Who would deliberately listen to an album with less tracks? I consider Carolina and Crazy Life to be part of AL too, infact they are among the top tracks on it for me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

An album that requires one to listen to Fergie, Nicole Scherzinger and Adam Levine will never rank higher than any of Slashs other work to be honest. I could stop right there, but if THAT didn't make your ears bleed, the cringe rap bastardization of Paradise City will. Yeah no, give me any of Slashs other work.

I'm with Top-Hatted on this one. Gotten is a beautiful peace of music, though I was afraid when I heard about Adam Levine will be on it.

I agree BD with Fergie isn't what I wanna hear, but Gotten, Nothing To Say, By The Sword, Crucify The Dead, Watch This, Dr. Alibi, We're All Gonna Die ... did I forget something?  Yes! Mother Maria - One of the best songs of any GNR member post GNR...

All great songs imo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'm with Top-Hatted on this one. Gotten is a beautiful peace of music, though I was afraid when I heard about Adam Levine will be on it.

I agree BD with Fergie isn't what I wanna hear, but Gotten, Nothing To Say, By The Sword, Crucify The Dead, Watch This, Dr. Alibi, We're All Gonna Die ... did I forget something?  Yes! Mother Maria - One of the best songs of any GNR member post GNR...

All great songs imo

Okay, count them (8) and now find a Slash album that has LESS than 8 songs you like, because then you can rank it higher. Last/second-last place is the best it can do for me, looking at all albums.