Michael Jackson

lilacmess

2 hours ago, lilacmess said:

I agree with you @RussTCB. Bad wins for its consitency. But pop music doesn't get better than WBSS, Billie Jean, Beat It and Human Nature.

I just recently listened closely to BJ on my headphones a few times in a row. So good!

And that's the thing, I give Thriller SO many points just for those 4 tracks. 

1 hour ago, lilacmess said:

I really hope that it has no impact on the release of the response documentaries to the HBO farce, as I'm really looking forward to seeing those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I really hope that it has no impact on the release of the response documentaries to the HBO farce, as I'm really looking forward to seeing those.

It's sanctioned and supported by the estate. Not a fan of biopics, but this should be good. And I don't think that it will collide with whatever Taj Jackson is doing.

13 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's sanctioned and supported by the estate. Not a fan of biopics, but this should be good. And I don't think that it will collide with whatever Taj Jackson is doing.

There's two doc's in the works - I forget the chap's name, but Russ has mentioned in this thread about hoping to get him on the podcast. He's active on Twitter and was over in my side of the world interviewing many people close to Jackson.

18 minutes ago, Dean said:

There's two doc's in the works - I forget the chap's name, but Russ has mentioned in this thread about hoping to get him on the podcast. He's active on Twitter and was over in my side of the world interviewing many people close to Jackson.

We've got Trial By Media and Re-Righting HIStory on the way. The matter is Taj's doc, but both are going to be good. 

Between those two docs and this biopic, I'm hopeful for a lot of minds to change. There are people who are never going to change their mind and that's fine, because I can't do anything to fight stubborn / willful ignorance. 

I'm more concerned with people who may be on the fence because they don't know any better. I have no interest in trying to turn Michael Jackson into a saint. He was a human being and human beings have flaws. But I would LOVE it if we could at least get to a point where he's not immediately associated with false accusations by the general public when his name comes up. 

Having said all of that, I didn't like Bohemian Rhapsody because of too many inaccurate things. I'm sure this biopic will be the same way, in many ways. 

2 or 2 1/2 hours isn't nearly enough time to cover 45 years of being one of the world's biggest entertainers. BUT I'm willing to support just about anything that isn't an outright hit piece on an innocent man. 

• Thanks 1

I'm interested in how the biopic will turn out. It's definitely not an easy one to get right.

MJ was such an ambigous figure. Someone truly unique, an outsider almost, who had this massiv amount of talent and this massiv amount of success, but never fulfilled the publics expectations. He genuinly was so many contradictory things at once. I believe acknowledging and respectfully bringing these aspects to the forefront could make an interessting and appealing movie.

I've been intrigued by this video for quite some while. It's kind of an inappropriate way to talk to a kid his age. At one point the interviewer asks him if he is some kind of a nut. Also: "Rosie the Crusher" 🤣

Edited by lilacmess
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 3:02 AM, lilacmess said:

I didn't know any of this.

Yeah, that's rad. 

19 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Hold up, is Human Nature regarded as highly as top tier songs like WBSS, Beat it, Thriller, and Billie Jean???

I don't understand the question lol

17 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

A lot of question marks. :lol:

I don't know if "it is regarded",  personally I think it's one of his top tier songs. Thriller is not, imho.

Yeah, Human Nature is absolutely one of the best tracks he ever recorded and WORLDS better than the song Thriller. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, that's rad. 

I don't understand the question lol

Yeah, Human Nature is absolutely one of the best tracks he ever recorded and WORLDS better than the song Thriller. 

I included Thriller as its an iconic song that everyone knows (i agree that it's not one of his best songs). Human Nature though? I mean it's good, but worlds behind Beat It and BJ (imo). It was just news to me that it was so highly regarded is all.

33 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I included Thriller as its an iconic song that everyone knows (i agree that it's not one of his best songs). Human Nature though? I mean it's good, but worlds behind Beat It and BJ (imo). It was just news to me that it was so highly regarded is all.

Thriller being well known isn't a reason for it to be in the discussion with a masterpiece like Human Nature. But like you said, that's just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Thriller being well known isn't a reason for it to be in the discussion with a masterpiece like Human Nature. But like you said, that's just my opinion. 

WTTJ, PC, SCOM = WBSS, BI, BJ

Human Nature = TAY

Edited by Coma16
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lilacmess said:

Slash recently said on Conan's podcast, that he and MJ "became pretty good friends." I was surprised to hear that.

Slash always seems really kind, at least that's the vibe I get from interviews. I didn't know they became good friends, but it doesn't surprise me. They probably connected over a mutual kindness. 

Do you think that if someone asked Michael if Slash was his guitar player, Michael would say "Nah, we're just good friends?" 

ZING! 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There are others who are far more educated than me on this, but my hope is simply anything previously unreleased. 

There are many unreleased songs that have been leaked even before MJ passed.

My guess is we'll get those (Hot Street, Night Line, Carousel etc.) and some demos.

It's such bullshit that the MJ Estate has MJ's entire catalogue and many unreleased tracks and they decide to do absolutely nothing with it. They said he only left two albums worth of material but that's a gigantic lie. They just don't think it's worth it. They didn't even do shit for Dangerous 30 or HIStory 25. Such a massive disappointment. Other deceased artist's estate's release so much stuff and we get nothing.

Not even a HIStory Tour DVD, which is long overdue. Or a This Is It 10th Anniversary with all the rehearsals they didn't show. Stranger in Moscow, Dangerous, Will You Be There, Heal the World, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - they've all been rehearsed in full by him but the footage will never see the light of day.

I hate the MJ Estate so much. They are complete morons and just as bad as GNR's management.

• Like 2