Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

People without a vaccine are getting the Delta variant now.  

Some countries are still having high rates of the covid virus. I knew it wasn't totally gone and I doubt it will be anytime soon.

everyone needs to get vaccinated, but who knows how long it'll take for some countries and people who still won't get the vaccination.

17 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Some countries are still having high rates of the covid virus. I knew it wasn't totally gone and I doubt it will be anytime soon.

everyone needs to get vaccinated, but who knows how long it'll take for some countries and people who still won't get the vaccination.

Duh

Are you waiting for every other disease to vanish completely too?

28 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Who ever said it was totally gone? Literally no one has said that. 

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I've been thinking about your theory about the virus having a brain.

Perhaps your right, and it sits down every few weeks to collect it's thoughts and plan it's next move.

Maybe the ones reluctant to get vaccinated are just vegans. 

• Haha 2

On 6/23/2021 at 8:57 PM, SoulMonster said:

I don't know what goes on in your private life to make you have this bleak view on the world, but objectively speaking, things are going pretty okay. Not with every single human being of course, nor ever country and region, but the trend is that humanity is thriving. We just got to avoid an ecological collapse.

As for Covid-19: Yes, we will likely not eradicate it, but with more and more people developing immunity through vaccinations or from having been infected previously, it will become more of a nuisance than a deadly pandemic, more like the common cold than the Spanish flu (and I am not disregarding the fact that the common cold kills thousands every year, just that it isn't a big deal to the vast majority of us). 

Personally, if anything this pandemic has shown me what we humans can do in very little time when we work together by developing an entirely novel vaccine to fight back an entirely new disease we have not encountered before. In many ways, Covid-19 has been a warning shot and we have risen to the occasion. Not every one of us, not every country, but as a whole. Hopefully we will now be better prepared for when a really nasty pandemic arises. At the very least we have shown what we collectively can achieve - and I am fucking impressed.

Yeah, we should all thank Trump for delivering us a vaccination in historic time.

Edited by sliverjazz
spelt

Honestly, I thank Dolly Parton for donating over 1 million dollars to help with the vaccine.  I'm glad we got one so quickly, but Trump had nothing to do with it. He's a moron who thinks everything he did was amazing. Denial. 

I thank the hard working doctors and scientist for putting in all those hours to find a vaccine as well as all the people who were tested.

I just hope the vaccine continues working with all these damn variants.

Some US states are seeing surges again. Even with a vaccine we still have a long way to go.

a lot of stores here in Dallas have signs now. "if you are vaccinated, you don't have to wear a mask" How do I know these people are telling the truth? And it upsets me when you see little kids under 12 without masks and you know they aren't vaccinated yet.

We still need more people to continue to get vaccinated especially since the ones who are getting sick with the Delta strain aren't vaccinated yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Obviously. Imagine living your life accepting everything in the post above as a fact. 

I had my second shot today so I'm good but I'd be lying if I said I didn't occasionally manufacture a cough if I wanted a little extra space on public transport. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why are people always reacting this way to dontdamnmeuyi2015? Everytime she speaks her mind on here you see the same few posters making fun of her. It's immature. If you don't agree with her or don't like what she has to say, fair enough, then put her on ignore. She's not hurting anyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Saw the mayor of St. Louis and since he still has tons of people not vaccinated cases are on the rise there too. He wants the CDC to put back a mask mandate since some people (his words) think covid is in their rear view mirror.

An athelet going to Japan tested positive for covid. Here we go! Hopefully he'll be okay and it won't spread, but who knows? Japan just had another mud slide. They think it's because they were doing something to their forests. I swear Japan does some terrible things to animals and the enviorment and they are paying for it.

Dr. Fauci thinks if we go somewhere even outside we should continue to wear masks. How can you know who's vaccinated and who isn't?

We do have a long way to go and if people don't get vaccinated we'll never get the herd immunity we need and once flu season comes around it'll make things worse.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Things continue to take a big upswing here in Michigan. Concerts are in full force. Big gatherings are happening. Covid numbers continue to go down across the board. All great news! :)

I know I was watching CNN last night and they were showing the 4th celebrations around the country. tons of crowds and not many masks at all. I think things are being done too quickly and many more people will be paying for it.

I'm going to see GNR in Dallas on September 1 and I'm freaking out. I will be wearing a mask and hope it helps but I can't miss GNR. Kiss is October 1 also will wear a mask, but who the hell knows how many others will and are they vaccinated?

I don't go out much these days either, but I hope my family and I will be okay after these concerts.

On 7/4/2021 at 6:26 AM, EvanG said:

Why are people always reacting this way to dontdamnmeuyi2015? Everytime she speaks her mind on here you see the same few posters making fun of her. It's immature. If you don't agree with her or don't like what she has to say, fair enough, then put her on ignore. She's not hurting anyone.

Evan thanks for your kind words. I'm okay. Like you said we all have our opinions and yeah it hurts sometimes when some people think I'm crazy. But I'm a worry wart anyway, and honestly, coming on here to speak my mind does help. I do appreciate your kind words.

Stay safe and stay well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Evan thanks for your kind words. I'm okay. Like you said we all have our opinions and yeah it hurts sometimes when some people think I'm crazy. But I'm a worry wart anyway, and honestly, coming on here to speak my mind does help. I do appreciate your kind words.

Stay safe and stay well.

"Worry wart"? That's a new expression, thank you.

I get what you are saying about coming here to get things off your chest and that it helps to speak your mind. But if you worry about this, wouldn't it then help even more if you actually engaged in discussions with those who disagree with your very pessimistic views? Maybe people would convince you that you are overreacting and wouldn't that be even better for you? As it is now, you say lots of stuff that obviously worries you, people reply with the occasional good arguments for why you are overreacting, and then you seem to just ignore that entirely. You never argue for why you are correct or even make any indication that what they said had any impact on you and your opinions. And I am not saying that you should spend time (waste time) discussing with people who disagree with your views -- that's not everyone's cup of tea -- but as it is, it is like you aren't even reading peoples' replies to your posts, and if that's the case then that is a bit sad because I think you could benefit from hearing others' views.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know I was watching CNN last night and they were showing the 4th celebrations around the country. tons of crowds and not many masks at all. I think things are being done too quickly and many more people will be paying for it.

I'm going to see GNR in Dallas on September 1 and I'm freaking out. I will be wearing a mask and hope it helps but I can't miss GNR. Kiss is October 1 also will wear a mask, but who the hell knows how many others will and are they vaccinated?

I don't go out much these days either, but I hope my family and I will be okay after these concerts.

Stay safe and stay well.

So people shouldn't be allowed to have July 4th celebrations but you have to go to GN'R? 

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

"Worry wart"? That's a new expression, thank you.

I get what you are saying about coming here to get things off your chest and that it helps to speak your mind. But if you worry about this, wouldn't it then help even more if you actually engaged in discussions with those who disagree with your very pessimistic views? Maybe people would convince you that you are overreacting and wouldn't that be even better for you? As it is now, you say lots of stuff that obviously worries you, people reply with the occasional good arguments for why you are overreacting, and then you seem to just ignore that entirely. You never argue for why you are correct or even make any indication that what they said had any impact on you and your opinions. And I am not saying that you should spend time (waste time) discussing with people who disagree with your views -- that's not everyone's cup of tea -- but as it is, it is like you aren't even reading peoples' replies to your posts, and if that's the case then that is a bit sad because I think you could benefit from hearing others' views.

That's because it's all made up, ridiculous posts that there's just no defense for. 

• Like 2