Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

37 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

LOL. Cases, not deaths. You do understand deaths with comorbidities should not always be counted. If you have a heart attack because you overeat, but it just so happens you have covid that is not a covid death! Yet the Government says it is and pays the hospitals thousands extra. The media are liars and are bedfellows with the democrat party. I'm still alive and so are the others I know who have never been vaxxed. Covid was a thing, but it's not anymore. You should get used to that.

you don't hear him talk about the deaths because of:

- suicide because of lockdown isolation

- increased heart attacks from a sedentary lifestyle, again, cause by the lockdowns

- bloth clots, aneurysms, heart attacks, increased cancers caused by the vaccines

Those deaths do not exist in his world, and on the flipside, every person who dies "with" corona, dies "because of" corona

everything must be caused by corona

corona has gone away, but corona must still he here

all of this is science at it's most dumbest incarnation

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 31illusions said:

LOL. Cases, not deaths. You do understand deaths with comorbidities should not always be counted. If you have a heart attack because you overeat, but it just so happens you have covid that is not a covid death! Yet the Government says it is and pays the hospitals thousands extra. The media are liars and are bedfellows with the democrat party. I'm still alive and so are the others I know who have never been vaxxed. Covid was a thing, but it's not anymore. You should get used to that.

Covid is of course still a thing even if the media has moved on. I know it is a thing because, you know, people still get sick and die from it. I don't see much of it here in Norway because most Norwegians were sensible and got vaccinated and hence all restrictions were lifted a long time ago. As far as Norway is concerned, the current Covid strains have been rendered no mor dangerous than the flu. I will see how Covid is till a thing elsewhere, though, next week though when I go to the US again, where people, unfortunately, has not been as good at getting vaccinated and hence I will have to succumb to various restrictions yet again, although I will likely be safe because of my immune system having been armed against the disease through vaccinations.

As for you being alive despite not being vaccinated: No one has claimed you'd die if you didn't get vaccinated, most people won't. But you have an increased likelihood of experiencing more severe symptoms and yes, death, if unvaccinated. That is of course a fact. But it's great you have managed to not get infected yet, and most likely if you do, you will hopefully tackle it well and not suffer much disease. Like most people. I don't think you are a "nuance kind of guy" but I will repeat nonetheless: Most people who get sick will not die even if they are unvaccinated and vaccination only lowers the risk of severe disease and death. 

if nuance was being applied, then it would be correct to point out, that infection with corona, also lowers the risk of severe disease and death as a result of subsequent infections with corona.

this is an important fact to point out, but the expert in this thread does not do this.

we are more than 2 years into corona. By this point, it is reasonable to assume that the vast majority of people have been infected at least once. Regardless of wether people are vaccinated or not, infection triggers the immunity system, so you are weaponed against subsequent infections.

By this point, vaccination is totally redundant and useless. Vaccination is an artificial trigger of the immunity system, it doesnt do a much better job of triggering an immunity reaction, than a real infection.

• Like 1

Coincidentally, I just read this somewhere else:

As I’m traveling again to #Africa for a new, exciting global health #vaccine project this week, I am reminded every day that the #covid19pandemic is not over. Mask mandates and social distancing policies are still very much in place here, because despite all the efforts of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and #covax , only 17.3% of the African population has been vaccinated against #Covid. Organizations like International Vaccine Institute (IVI) , PATH , Developing Countries Vaccine Manufacturers Network (DCVMN) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are doing everything they can to enable vaccine #sovereignty with in-country/for-country manufacturing. But are we, in Europe and North America, doing our fair share to make this happen?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Coincidentally, I just read this somewhere else:

As I’m traveling again to #Africa for a new, exciting global health #vaccine project this week, I am reminded every day that the #covid19pandemic is not over. Mask mandates and social distancing policies are still very much in place here, because despite all the efforts of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and #covax , only 17.3% of the African population has been vaccinated against #Covid. Organizations like International Vaccine Institute (IVI) , PATH , Developing Countries Vaccine Manufacturers Network (DCVMN) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are doing everything they can to enable vaccine #sovereignty with in-country/for-country manufacturing. But are we, in Europe and North America, doing our fair share to make this happen?

And I read yesterday that the U.S. disposed of 88 million vaccine shots because of a lack of demand.

Another vaccine is out. Hope more people continue to get vaccinated because covid is still here and not going anywhere anytime soon.

2 hours ago, downzy said:

And I read yesterday that the U.S. disposed of 88 million vaccine shots because of a lack of demand.

It seems alot of people here in the US and Texas don't think covid is still around. Many people aren't wearing masks anymore and who knows if they are vaccinated? Now Texas has the monkey pox too. Numbers are still up here in Texas but with the shootings it seems covid is not on most people's minds anymore.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:25 AM, downzy said:

Might have something to do with the fact that highly vaccinated populations are not seeing drastic increases in hospitalizations and deaths. 

The vaccines have rendered covid (for the most part) what conspiracy theorists have been arguing for the better part of two years - no worse than the flu (in fact, a vaccinated person is less likely to due from covid-19 than they are of the flu at this point).  

Yeah, amazing what a vaccinated population will yield with respect to what matters to them now!

You must be joking. :shock:

Can't wait to hear your argumentation in the fall when "super vaccine" is released and everyone will find themselves back to square one regardless of previous doses.

To top it off, they'll make sure you understand how you're supposedly already well protected from previous doses but you still need this super vax potion for that extra percentage to be completely bullet proof. 

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

You must be joking. :shock:

Can't wait to hear your argumentation in the fall when "super vaccine" is released and everyone will find themselves back to square one regardless of previous doses.

To top it off, they'll make sure you understand how you're supposedly already well protected from previous doses but you still need this super vax potion for that extra percentage to be completely bullet proof. 

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

There will guaranteed be new vaccines marketed, because those we have aren't perfect and because the virus will continue to evolve rendering previous vaccines less effective. This is very much like the flu where we get new vaccines every year. And it's entirely okay. It has to be this way. And yes, naturally the pharma industry will market these vaccines because they are businesses that are selling products and try to increase revenues. Just like companies selling new TV sets who also market the new generation. But our governments, or mine at least, will not recommend vaccination unless it is concluded that the protection we have received from immunization and infection is not sufficient either because the effect has tampered off or because the virus has evolved. My guess is that new vaccines will only be recommended to those in risk groups, similar to how it is with annual flu vaccines. And that is entirely okay, too. Why would any of this be reason for concern?

Are you entirely new to this world? Have you still not figured out how it works?

• Like 1

as with the flu, only the weak people and those with compromised immunity systems will need a vaccine

the majority, as with the flu, don't need a vaccine, and they can sweat out the infection at home

there is absolutely no indication from this point forward, that corona is more deadly than the flu

yes, corona was deadlier in the past, but so was the flu

stop the fearmongering

6 hours ago, action said:

as with the flu, only the weak people and those with compromised immunity systems will need a vaccine

the majority, as with the flu, don't need a vaccine, and they can sweat out the infection at home

there is absolutely no indication from this point forward, that corona is more deadly than the flu

yes, corona was deadlier in the past, but so was the flu

stop the fearmongering

Christ, learn why mass vaccination drives are necessary to protect the most vulnerable. You get vaccinated to not only protect yourself, but to reduce the risk of contracting the virus and passing it on to others who are at higher risk of serious health outcomes or death.  Vaccination isn’t full proof. What helps is having more people vaccinated to reduce the likelihood that the virus reaches those most likely to die as a result of the infection.  The “fuck other people, not my problem since I’m young and healthy” attitude to vaccination is a guarantee that more people will die, possibly people that are close to you. 

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

There are inherent dangers with living in a free society. (Choosing whether or not to be vaccinated, choosing whether or not to own firearms, to wear a helmet on a motorcycle, etc.)

I accept these dangers.

But you are putting others at risk, you selfish prick. This really isn't about you. Selfish people really don't get vaccination.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But you are putting others at risk, you selfish prick. This really isn't about you. Selfish people really don't get vaccination.

The language with this one.

On a more serious note, driving to work puts others at risk. Having sex, even with protection and STD/STI tests puts others at risk, working on a vehicle puts others at risk, crossing a street puts others at risk. Going grocery shopping puts others at risk. 

In other words, everything we do is risky. 

Have a sense of adventure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

The language with this one.

On a more serious note, driving to work puts others at risk. Having sex, even with protection and STD/STI tests puts others at risk, working on a vehicle puts others at risk, crossing a street puts others at risk. Going grocery shopping puts others at risk. 

In other words, everything we do is risky. 

Have a sense of adventure.

Of course lots of what we do puts others at risk, but we try to minimize that risk when possible. Hence we don't drive at 60pm near crowded schools nor reject a free vaccine that could prevent someone else from dying from a disease, unless you are a selfish prick who only think about your own "freedom".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, downzy said:

Christ, learn why mass vaccination drives are necessary to protect the most vulnerable. You get vaccinated to not only protect yourself, but to reduce the risk of contracting the virus and passing it on to others who are at higher risk of serious health outcomes or death.  Vaccination isn’t full proof. What helps is having more people vaccinated to reduce the likelihood that the virus reaches those most likely to die as a result of the infection.  The “fuck other people, not my problem since I’m young and healthy” attitude to vaccination is a guarantee that more people will die, possibly people that are close to you. 

like I said, like with the flu, only the most vulnerable need to be vaccinated. Then, they are protected.

I never get vaccinated for the flu, I don't put vulnerable people in danger.

it has been this way for decades, without a problem. Corona will be the same.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

stop calling people with different opinions morons, pricks, and others. your vocabulary is very large in this respect. Pity you're so narrow minded on everything else

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

...unless you are a selfish prick who only think about your own "freedom".

I drive cars that run on gas too, I forgot to mention that too. Combustion engines pollute our air. It's expensive keeping three vehicles full of gas these days. The Mercedes takes premium. 

6 hours ago, downzy said:

Christ, learn why mass vaccination drives are necessary to protect the most vulnerable. You get vaccinated to not only protect yourself, but to reduce the risk of contracting the virus and passing it on to others who are at higher risk of serious health outcomes or death.

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Both of your arguments are meaningless. Those who had vaccinations STILL GOT COVID! Don't you get it? Don't you understand the the vaccinations do not prevent you from getting covid, also getting vaccinations create another risk, of serious side effects and even death. It's my choice whether or not to inject harmful chemicals in my body, not yours.... Not yours ever!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Both of your arguments are meaningless. Those who had vaccinations STILL GOT COVID! Don't you get it? Don't you understand the the vaccinations do not prevent you from getting covid, also getting vaccinations create another risk, of serious side effects and even death. It's my choice whether or not to inject harmful chemicals in my body, not yours.... Not yours ever!

The Covid-19 vaccines reduce the likelihood of getting infected, so you are wrong. 

The likelihood of severe side effects from the vaccines are much lower than the likelihood of getting serious symptoms from the disease. 

And no one here, as far as I can see, is arguing for mandatory vaccinations, so your latter point is irrelevant. 

Basically, you don't understand this. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

The Covid-19 vaccines reduce the likelihood of getting infected, so you are wrong.

Actually, You would be wrong. Vaccination more likely would prevent you from dying if you were infected. Not from spreading it.

The likelihood of severe side effects from the vaccines are much lower than the likelihood of getting serious symptoms from the disease. 

Tell that to the people who have died from the vaccine or those who were seriously injured by it,

4 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Actually, You would be wrong. Vaccination more likely would prevent you from dying if you were infected. Not from spreading it.

Heh. The vaccines both offer protection from getting infected and developing severe symptoms if infected. 

12 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Tell that to the people who have died from the vaccine or those who were seriously injured by it,

That's moronic. I am not saying there isn't a chance of side effects, I am saying it is much lower than the chance of getting seriously sick if infected. Which is why there has been millions of deaths from Covid-19 in the world but very, very few deaths from vaccine side effects. 

Edited by SoulMonster

52 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And no one here, as far as I can see, is arguing for mandatory vaccinations, so your latter point is irrelevant. 

Basically, you don't understand this. 

the hospitales are empty

you live in the past

also, fuck the vaccinazis, and fuck off to all people telling other what poison jab to take, or not to take. 

this joke of a lie, has long outstayed it's welcome. people have moved on with their lives, people long for freedom. We don't need no grey mr know it all scientist spoiling our lives.

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's moronic. I am not saying there isn't a chance of side effects, I am saying it is much lower than the chance of getting seriously sick if infected. Which is why there has been millions of deaths from Covid-19 in the world but very, very few deaths from vaccine side effects. 

why is this fellow allowed to insult people continually, unpunished?

I was giving warnings for telling this dude the same!!

Edited by action
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, action said:

like I said, like with the flu, only the most vulnerable need to be vaccinated. Then, they are protected.

No, they're not.  Vaccines aren't full proof.  You can still get sick and die from the flu even if vaccinated. 

Vaccines reduce the risk, but they don't mitigate them completely, particularly from the flu.

That's why the more people who are vaccinated, the less likely vulnerable people will be infected.

1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

I know the concept of probability is one that's far too difficult for you to grasp, but give it a try:

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/statistics-probability/probability-library/basic-theoretical-probability/a/probability-the-basics#:~:text=Probability is simply how likely,by probability is called statistics.