Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

The US has reached 1 million deaths due to covid.

CNN had the numbers going up again.  I didn't think Covid would go away fast, but I was hoping it wouldn't last this long either. 

China still shut down and prices are way up for gas and food. I think Texas gas is now over $4.00 a gallon. Luckily I work from home and my parents don't go out much. Pretty soon we may have to fast from eating for a day or so. Crazy times for all of us.

On 5/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Numbers going up again in the US. also the hepatitis in children too.  I feel the summer isn't going to be good.

Multi-Country – Acute, severe hepatitis of unknown origin in children (who.int)

While adenovirus is currently one hypothesis as the underlying cause, it does not fully explain the severity of the clinical picture. Infection with adenovirus type 41, the implicated adenovirus type, has not previously been linked to such a clinical presentation. 

COVID-19 adenovirus vector vaccines (United States and Canada: Authorized for use): Drug information - UpToDate

Health Canada has approved AstraZeneca's COVID-19 Vaccine (adenovirus vector) and Janssen's (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine (adenovirus vector). 

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2022 at 3:39 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

CNN had the numbers going up again.  I didn't think Covid would go away fast, but I was hoping it wouldn't last this long either. 

China still shut down and prices are way up for gas and food. I think Texas gas is now over $4.00 a gallon. Luckily I work from home and my parents don't go out much. Pretty soon we may have to fast from eating for a day or so. Crazy times for all of us.

I promise I'm not trying to be mean, but do you just live in constant panic and fear because of what you heard on CNN? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/12/2022 at 12:39 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Hmm. You’re in a perpetual loop of paranoia and fear. 

• Like 4

Numbers are up in  Dallas. Not surprised since I don't see many people wearing masks anymore.  No one ever said covid was completely gone, but many people act like it is.

On 5/15/2022 at 11:53 PM, IndiannaRose said:

No being realistic and safe.  I don't think because some people think covid is gone that it's safe to do whatever you want to do and not get vaccinated. Better safe than sorry later on. I have a child and parents to think about and I want to be safe and them safe to.

You do you and I'll do me. Let's see who stays safer and healthier.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we are then, I somehow managed to avoid contracting Covid for the past 2.5 years but it finally caught me last week. It started out as just a bad case of the flu untill I started running a dangerously high fever for a good two days in a row(had to get medication to get the fever under control). It knocked me right of my feet. luckily im on the mend now, this virus is still not something to joke around with. 

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, grouse said:

Well here we are then, I somehow managed to avoid contracting Covid for the past 2.5 years but it finally caught me last week. It started out as just a bad case of the flu untill I started running a dangerously high fever for a good two days in a row(had to get medication to get the fever under control). It knocked me right of my feet. luckily im on the mend now, this virus is still not something to joke around with. 

You was vaccinated?

On 5/7/2022 at 6:13 AM, Sisyphus said:

It's absolutely incredible how despite the rising cases covid has completely taken a back seat since the war in Ukraine started. 

Might have something to do with the fact that highly vaccinated populations are not seeing drastic increases in hospitalizations and deaths. 

The vaccines have rendered covid (for the most part) what conspiracy theorists have been arguing for the better part of two years - no worse than the flu (in fact, a vaccinated person is less likely to due from covid-19 than they are of the flu at this point).  

On 5/7/2022 at 6:13 AM, Sisyphus said:

We've had parliamentary elections in April and it was laughable to see how insignificant covid suddenly became for those vying for power. No more talk of mandatory vaccinations and no more "safety" measures. Go figure.

Yeah, amazing what a vaccinated population will yield with respect to what matters to them now!

• Like 2

I'm still fully unvaccinated and still haven't experienced any sign of this disease. Either I've managed to avoid it altogether or I've had it so mild/symptomless that I didn't know I had it. I wasn't certain of it at the time, but I'm now quite confident that not getting vaccinated last year was the right decision for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I'm still fully unvaccinated and still haven't experienced any sign of this disease. Either I've managed to avoid it altogether or I've had it so mild/symptomless that I didn't know I had it. I wasn't certain of it at the time, but I'm now quite confident that not getting vaccinated last year was the right decision for me.

it was the right decision.

basically, you have relied on your natural immunity.

it probably is very strong as of today, from all the infections it had to attack.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 12:53 AM, IndiannaRose said:

It’s pretty funny, you get action and dontdamnme as the two opposite sides of the pandemic idiot brigade

Incredible how this pandemic influenced human thought among such a big part of the population 

49 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And numbers are on the rise again yet many states including Texas have removed the mask mandate. I still wear my mask since I have no idea who is vaccinated and who isn't.  Pretty soon it'll be flu season again and time for another shot. it's never ending.

With the war in Ukraine and the shootings in Uvalde and other states it seems covid is on the back burner now, but people are still getting sick.

Babies can't get their formula and another illness is going around that is effecting children. 

19 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It’s pretty funny, you get action and dontdamnme as the two opposite sides of the pandemic idiot brigade  

Two of about five people I’ve got blocked on the entire forum. I even quite like dontdamnme. She seems nice but I just can’t cope with the constant steam of doom and gloom. 😂

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Two of about five people I’ve got blocked on the entire forum. I even quite like dontdamnme. She seems nice but I just can’t cope with the constant steam of doom and gloom. 😂

I could not find out how many I have blocked but I would guess it is about five here too, including those two mentioned for the same reason you gave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I could not find out how many I have blocked but I would guess it is about five here too, including those two mentioned for the same reason you gave. 

The others are Snake Pit, Wasted and WFSE (don’t ask). 😂

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I miss Snakepits guitar playing

I'm actually living about a mile from him in South London at the moment and thankfully I've not heard it as it's hard to do so when it's not plugged in. :lol: 

• Haha 3

On 5/11/2022 at 1:30 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Numbers going up again in the US. also the hepatitis in children too.  I feel the summer isn't going to be good.

Why? There are no mask requirements (at least where I live) and I've never been vaxxed. I go everywhere, on vacation, amusement parks and concerts. Almost no one has a mask. I's completely over! A guy at work said his daughter tested positive and I said really? I haven't heard the word Corona since the day Russia invaded Ukraine. Turn the news off and the virus goes away I promise you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

How stupid must you be to suggest that a disease that has killed more than 1 million people in your country is created by the media? 

There are more than 80k new cases per day in the US, and it is increasing. 

LOL. Cases, not deaths. You do understand deaths with comorbidities should not always be counted. If you have a heart attack because you overeat, but it just so happens you have covid that is not a covid death! Yet the Government says it is and pays the hospitals thousands extra. The media are liars and are bedfellows with the democrat party. I'm still alive and so are the others I know who have never been vaxxed. Covid was a thing, but it's not anymore. You should get used to that.

• Like 2