Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

politicians base their decisions on the recommendations of scientists.

neither of those "understand" what it means to be locked in your home, to wear a mask all the time (over your nose), and all the other drivel we as a people were subjected to.

they do not understand it, like, at all.

yet here we are, being degraded to just above the level of prison inmates (we're on parole as we speak, but the parole can be revoked in short notice). lack of understanding certainly didn't stop them from taking measures. 

3 minutes ago, action said:

neither of those "understand" what it means to be locked in your home, to wear a mask all the time (over your nose), and all the other drivel we as a people were subjected to.

What the deuce are you taling about now. I haven’t been locked in my home once during the pandemic nor did I wear a mask “all the time”. 

27 minutes ago, action said:

the complexer the subject of investigation (and corona is very, very complex), the less scientists are capable of describing the phenomenon in data.

Scientists are unable to describe this rusty bicycle wheel, with a couple of plastic cans and running water (the water wheel of lorenz) in data, and it's movement is totally unpredictable, and will never be described by science.

if science can not describe this wheel of grandpa's old bicycle, how can it describe corona and all issues surrounding it, in accurate numbers and statistics?

Because a contraption that works according to complex chaotic dynamics is different from a viral disease? These are different things :lol:

But let's pause a bit. Over these last pages you have made post after post that contain a mixture of rambling anecdotes mixed with false statements. I have repeatedly pointing out where you are wrong, yet this doesn't faze you from continuing the trolling. It is clear that to you truth doesn't matter, you decide a priori what point you want to make and then you make up facts to support that point. Like right now you want to argue that science can't possible help us understand the epidemiology of Covid-19 (although it can and has) by googling for "science can't explain" (or something similar) and then finding something that to you look very simple (because you don't know anything about chaotic dynamics just like you know nothing of epidemiology). This was exactly what you did when I first took notice of you (when you made that nonsensical post on quantum dynamics (or whatever it was), although back then, if I remember correctly, your point was how awesome science was :lol:). Basically, you have no shame. And it is easy to understand that to someone who is a charlatan who just makes up stuff, science must come across as an enemy. 

10 minutes ago, action said:

politicians base their decisions on the recommendations of scientists.

Are you saying that no scientists have as their field of research to study the psychological or health effects of isolation, mask-wearing etc? :lol: Does it surprise you that my retort to that is that you are wrong, again?

On 6/17/2022 at 7:11 AM, Cosmo said:

It’s not that hard to understand that’s not how vaccines work. It’s really kinda easy: You’ll still get the virus. You’ll just get milder, less severe symptoms. You know? Like every other vaccine up until now? Lol. Like chickenpox, for example, or meningitis. It’s not that hard. The proof the vaccines work is people are getting covid like crazy, and are barely using masks anymore, yet deaths are really low compared to any past point of the pandemic. In other words, everyone’s getting it, no one’s dying from it anymore.

OMG. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. Are you brain dead or brain washed by the media? The point of a vaccine is to PREVENT you from getting the virus. This is common sense for any 8th grade educated person. It is only during this pandemic the definition has changed. Now they claim it only helps you from dying but you still get the virus.. I can't argue with this kind of stupidity. I feel I will be more dumb for the effort.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Are you saying that no scientists have as their field of research to study the psychological or health effects of isolation, mask-wearing etc? :lol: Does it surprise you that my retort to that is that you are wrong, again?

you are desperate to know my credentials, my sources, no doubt you want to know my education, my profession too. you're dying to know, so then you can ridicule me even further (character assassination), maybe call my alma mater / or boss or whoever you believe has authority over me (you know, like that time you contacted diesel's alma mater over a discussion on the reformation).

Don't you think I have long figured you out? Hence: no information regarding any of that. not now, not ever.

but please, continue the insults. (in this post, "charlatan"). Twice a day. Does that not warrant a warning point? I guess not.  it just shows where your intelligence stops, and the insults begin. which is, rather quickly.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

We know very well when the pyramids were constructed (assuming you mean the pyramids of Giza). And don't you think the ancient Egyptians themselves would have known when they built their own pyramids?

Actually, it is most likely Hebrew slaves who built the pyramids during their 400 year enslavement in Egypt.

3 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

OMG. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. Are you brain dead or brain washed by the media? The point of a vaccine is to PREVENT you from getting the virus. This is common sense for any 8th grade educated person.

And yet you got it wrong. The purpose of a vaccine is to provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease, which can happen through reducing the likelihood of becoming infected, spreading to disease to others, or reducing symptoms when infected. Here's the definition from Oxford Languages:

"a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease."

And from Merriam-Webster:

"a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease"

Unfortunately, I don't have my own textbooks on immunology near me so I can't provide additional definitions but that shouldn't be necessary, should it?

5 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Actually, it is most likely Hebrew slaves who built the pyramids during their 400 year enslavement in Egypt.

Actually, this is entirely irrelevant to my post but also entirely wrong: Modern research has shown that the pyramids of Giza built by ordinary Egyptians (neither slaves or Hebrews) (Who built the Egyptian pyramids? | Live Science)

9 minutes ago, action said:

you are desperate to know my credentials, my sources, no doubt you want to know my education, my profession too. you're dying to know, so then you can ridicule me even further (character assassination), maybe call my alma mater / or boss or whoever you believe has authority over me (you know, like that time you contacted diesel's alma mater over a discussion on the reformation).

I really couldn't care less about your credentials :lol:

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I really couldn't care less about your credentials :lol:

but you do. you leave no opportunity unused, to refer to my lack of credentials

why my credentials should matter, is a mystery to me.

a person with credentials can post drivel too, just as a credential-less person can post remarkable thoughtfull opinions.

but no, you "must" have credentials. Only people with credentials, are allowed an opinion. the rest, are trolls. Not only is this discrimination, it also is in violation of the movement of enlightenment which you're such a fan of

3 minutes ago, action said:

but you do. you leave no opportunity unused, to refer to my lack of credentials

why my credentials should matter, is a mystery to me.

I don't think I have ever said anything about your credentials? I have numerous times implicitly and explicitly stated that you are terribly ignorant on epidemiology and science (as well as many other subjects), and this would of course imply that you lack credentials in these areas too, but that is something else. I couldn't care less what occupation you have or where you went to school. But why are you making this discussion about yourself? I am sure no one else here cares about you to that extent and it has nothing to do with Covid-19. Have you run out of falsehoods to post about? No more amusing yet absurd comparisons and anecdotes? Given up on trying to argue that science can't explain Covid-19 or that scientists are bad, bad people who made you have to wear face masks and restrict your movements?

7 minutes ago, action said:

but no, you "must" have credentials. Only people with credentials, are allowed an opinion. the rest, are trolls. 

Not at all :lol: This is just you being butthurt over being wrong and being called out on it, again and again. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

And yet you got it wrong. The purpose of a vaccine is to provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease, which can happen through reducing the likelihood of becoming infected, spreading to disease to others, or reducing symptoms when infected. Here's the definition from Oxford Languages:

"a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease."

And from Merriam-Webster:

"a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease"

As I've stated this definition has changed recently. So I don't need an explanation of the definition that has changed due to the fact the covid-19 vaccination doesn't work. Don't call it vaccine if it doesn't prevent ANYTHING. Call it something else. As an adult you should already know this.

Modern research has shown that the pyramids of Giza built by ordinary Egyptians (neither slaves or Hebrews

I don't need a random website to tell me this. Granted, the word pyramid isn't in the bible, but WTH else would they be building for 400 years?  I digress. Back on topic.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think I have ever said anything about your credentials? I have numerous times implicitly and explicitly stated that you are terribly ignorant on epidemiology and science (as well as many other subjects), and this would of course imply that you lack credentials in these areas too, but that is something else. I couldn't care less what occupation you have or where you went to school. But why are you making this discussion about yourself? I am sure no one else here cares about you to that extent and it has nothing to do with Covid-19. Have you run out of falsehoods to post about? No more amusing yet absurd comparisons and anecdotes? Given up on trying to argue that science can't explain Covid-19 or that scientists are bad, bad people who made you have to wear face masks and restrict your movements?

Not at all :lol: This is just you being butthurt over being wrong and being called out on it, again and again. 

I'm probably the person who shares the least information about themselves.

you can accuse me of many things, but not that I make the arguments about myself lol

you, on the other hand. You're a 'somewhat expert', "MRNA researcher" and we all shall have known it. that is making the discussion about yourself.

Just now, 31illusions said:

As I've stated this definition has changed recently. So I don't need an explanation of the definition that has changed due to the fact the covid-19 vaccination doesn't work. Don't call it vaccine if it doesn't prevent ANYTHING. Call it something else. As an adult you should already know this.

I don't need a random website to tell me this. Granted, the word pyramid isn't in the bible, but WTH else would they be building for 400 years?  I digress. Back on topic.

I don't think the definition has changed, at least not how you insinuates? I am pretty sure it was basically the same when I was at the university. Just asked my wife (who is a trained immunologist), and she confirmed the definition. And I will continue to call any medicine that has the purpose to attenuate our immune systems against diseases, vaccines, even if that means I am not an adult in your eyes :lol:

Random website? It was not random, it was a science website summarizing what we know about the pyramids construction with links to primary sources. It was kind of very related to the discussion. 

4 minutes ago, action said:

you can accuse me of many things, but not that I make the arguments about myself lol

you, on the other hand. You're a 'somewhat expert', "MRNA researcher" and we all shall have known it. that is making the discussion about yourself.

Ok :lol:

20 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

I don't get why you're so bothered with the word, but it shouldn't matter what it's called.
Fact of the matter is that it reduces the risks of getting sick, spreading it and dying from it.
Isn't that all that matters?
Even your hero Trump got 'vaccinated'.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, action said:

That's not entirely true, you've shared more information than I wanted to know about yourself on here through the years. You probably forgot, though.

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That's not entirely true, you've shared more information than I wanted to know about yourself on here through the years. You probably forgot, though.

I don't know how many years I've been here. 

but if I can forget the information I shared, does that not imply that I don't share information regularily?

I mean, I'm not senile. I still know what I did two months ago.

1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

OMG. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. Are you brain dead or brain washed by the media? The point of a vaccine is to PREVENT you from getting the virus. This is common sense for any 8th grade educated person. It is only during this pandemic the definition has changed. Now they claim it only helps you from dying but you still get the virus.. I can't argue with this kind of stupidity. I feel I will be more dumb for the effort.

Lol. This post alone explains your avatar. It’s not your fault. It’s cognitive limitation mixed with a very, very flawer educational system. It’s really sad. You guys need more books in your trailer parks. Ask your wife/cousin to trade some guns for classes. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, action said:

I don't know how many years I've been here. 

but if I can forget the information I shared, does that not imply that I don't share information regularily?

I mean, I'm not senile. I still know what I did two months ago.

Just saying, you’ve shared more personal information than many posters here.

I know it is against my policy, but I feel my situation is under increasing distress if I don"t show at least some credentials. I realise, me boldly posting about the shortcomings of science, without credentials, may come as a shock to many people, who believed science is unfallible. Too easily, I may give the impression of being a vagabond, who pisses all over the party of the experts, so here they are, my credentials:

- corona investigator

- MRNA vaccine investigator

- immunology investigator

- female body expert

- sandwich expert

- master in chickenology

- former quantum mechanics and uncertainty theory investigator

- former elementary particle researcher

- junior ukrainian war researcher

- christianity hobbyist

- mask and lockdown sceptic

- mygnr poster

- rock n roll commentologist

- toxic masculine culture enthusiast

So I post these once, and never again.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, action said:

I know it is against my policy, but I feel my situation is under increasing distress if I don"t show at least some credentials. I realise, me boldly posting about the shortcomings of science, without credentials, may come as a shock to many people, who believed science is unfallible. Too easily, I may give the impression of being a vagabond, who pisses all over the party of the experts, so here they are, my credentials:

- corona investigator

- female body expert

- sandwich expert

- master in chickenology

- christianity hobbyist

- mygnr poster

- rock n roll commentologist

- toxic masculine culture enthusiast

So I post these once, and never again.

Reminds me of Hans Teeuwen’s speech at Herman Brood’s funeral. He went on for about 5 minutes naming all these credentials, the most ridiculous ones you can imagine, letting everyone believe he was talking about Brood, then he ends it with “but enough about me”, haha.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, action said:

- corona investigator

- female body expert

- sandwich expert

- master in chickenology

- christianity hobbyist

- mygnr poster