Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

The moron Gov of Florida is refusing the covid vaccine for kids under 5.  WTF? 

This is another example of Republican politicians taking away the right to choose.  I can't believe he can get away with this?

you don't have to get your kids vaccinated against covid, but I don't know why your wouldn't) but a parent should have the right to decide for their kids.

I really hope all the stupid shit the Republicans are doing they don't get re-elected in November.

This is so damn wrong.

I live in a highly populated metro area, where people have been lax about covid protocols for probably going on a year and a half and I don't know one person that died from it. Lots I've known who have been "infected" but everyone had a day or two of cold/mild flu symptoms and got over it. It's time to admit this was the biggest globalist government psy-op experiment that has ever been conducted. Lockdowns did nothing. Masks did nothing. Jabs did nothing. We were had and lives & economies were ruined with the draconian measures our governments imposed on us.

• Wow 1

9 minutes ago, daile1bm said:

I live in a highly populated metro area, where people have been lax about covid protocols for probably going on a year and a half and I don't know one person that died from it. Lots I've known who have been "infected" but everyone had a day or two of cold/mild flu symptoms and got over it. It's time to admit this was the biggest globalist government psy-op experiment that has ever been conducted. Lockdowns did nothing. Masks did nothing. Jabs did nothing. We were had and lives & economies were ruined with the draconian measures our governments imposed on us.

I had three relatives and two acquaintances die from covid-19. 

According to you they must be hiding out somewhere, playing along, putting their families through hell. 

39 minutes ago, daile1bm said:

Of course the restrictions saves deaths, this is proven without doubt :lol:

Here's an article showing how many more lives could have been spared if people had been better at getting vaccinated in the US: Of 1 million COVID deaths, how many could have been averted with vaccines? : Shots - Health News : NPR

3 hours ago, daile1bm said:

Two Covid deaths in my family. And I know several people, who didn't even belong to any risk groups, that developed long Covid.

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course the restrictions saves deaths, this is proven without doubt :lol:

Here's an article showing how many more lives could have been spared if people had been better at getting vaccinated in the US: Of 1 million COVID deaths, how many could have been averted with vaccines? : Shots - Health News : NPR

sweden has the least restrictions in the whole world, and their numbers are the same as everywhere else, if not better

as a country, sweden is a control group of more than 10 million people. Not bad, for representative numbers.

it is also an illustration, about how the data of whatever scientic article you base your statement on, is not "replicable" to sweden. Results from scientific experiments need to be replicable. It's not the case for Sweden. See the "replication crisis" in science

This is enough, to at least shed serious doubt on your "proven without doubt" statement.

Edited by action

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

If there was only a way to talk to thousands of people and hear all their experiences with Covid-19 and then summarize these somehow, instead of basing our views on personal anecdotes from a few.

yes, if only

there is no such a way, so science uses the next best thing: extrapolating data from control groups to the general population.

your post is actually supporting what I said earlier, about inaccurate conclusions based on inaccurate data

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Didn't see action's post since he is ignored, but of course Sweden has also not got the "least restrictions in the whole world" - that's moronic. There's no point in responding to him, he is just making stuff up. He doesn't mind because he doesn't care if he is called out on it, he will just move on to new posts as if nothing happened.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daile1bm said:

I love these posts that go from "most people I know have gotten over it" immediately to "it's a massive government conspiracy" within like a sentence.  I actually laughed at the whiplash I got from this post.

• Like 1

factcheck

sweden has always opted to let life go by, as usual. no forced lockdowns, and very few obligations altogether. Sweden counts on the people's common sense.

Sweden sees corona too, of course, but it's not armageddon there. The curves go up and down there, much like anywhere else in the world.

If ever there was evidence needed that measures do not change a thing, then sweden is the example to point to.

the article in nature that was posted by evang is factually false. Here is an overview, from the beginning of the pandemic, which shows sweden does not have "among the worse deaths per capita  numbers". In fact, it does better than the UK, france, Belgium, all countries with some of the strictest covid measures. Those countries did worse

• COVID-19 deaths per capita by country | Statista

Edited by action

On 6/22/2022 at 3:33 AM, SoulMonster said:

If there was only a way to talk to thousands of people and hear all their experiences with Covid-19 and then summarize these somehow, instead of basing our views on personal anecdotes from a few.

My hair cutter told me she has clients who have had covid and have lost a lot of their hair. I never heard of this but she had a few women who went to her after they got over covid to cut their hair since they lost so much of it. 

I also read that covid numbers are up, but hospitalizations and deaths are down. 

An actress from GH who lives in the UK has gotten covid twice. A lot of people who get it say the worse symptom they feel is super tired. It sounds a lot of mono. 

Anyway, I'm glad there is a vaccine for younger kids now for those parents who want it.

On 6/21/2022 at 4:40 AM, EvanG said:

You still have a phone with a wire? Only in Belgium...

lol I actually have a house phone which is free with my cable connection. Most calls I never answer because it's all spam calls.

We do have cell phones now too, but the house phone is included with my cable bill.

On 6/21/2022 at 7:28 AM, Whiskey Rose said:

Hey my parents still have a land line! Don’t most of our parents thiugh? 😄

the reception is so much better too. 

true about the reception. My parents recently got new cell phones and sometimes they can't hear or the other person can't hear and they get alot of dropped calls too. lol

I’m in Portugal right now. First real trip abroad since Covid started. Somewhat surprised to see so many people here still wearing masks because in my country it’s a thing of the past. It isn’t, but most act like it is.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

poor Dr. Fauci isn't feeling very well since he got covid. He seems to have gotten worse since he took whatever pills he took for covid.  Hope he'll be okay. it would suck if he died from the virus.

Not sure if this is true or not? Yahoo news said another wave of covid is coming in July and it's supposed to be worse. I don't think covid is going away anytime soon no matter what people think. Hardly anyone wears a mask in Texas anymore except in my doctor's office. I still do since allergy season is super bad now and it's helped me stay healthy wearing one.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:47 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Not sure if this is true or not? Yahoo news said another wave of covid is coming in July and it's supposed to be worse. I don't think covid is going away anytime soon no matter what people think. Hardly anyone wears a mask in Texas anymore except in my doctor's office. I still do since allergy season is super bad now and it's helped me stay healthy wearing one.

It is true..the wave has already started in many states including AK. Our numbers have risen....as well as our hospitalizations. This trend actually began in June. 

Edited by marlingrl03