UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

6 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I think the new mix is great, drums sound a lot better and the new orchestra is great. I even like the different mixing on the outro everyone seems to be complaining about. Only complaint I could have is that it's compressed to shit, it sounds pretty decent considering that, though.

Kinda lame they rejected his mixes of the albums imo.

This, i like it better than the original. The orchestra is great, the only thing i would change is the Axl piano mix. It's under a lot of things and it should be on top.

Why isn't Steven Wilson credited?

November Rain (2022 Version) · Guns N' Roses November Rain (2022 Version) ℗ A Geffen Records Release; ℗ 2022 GN'R Records Released on: 2022-11-04 Producer, Studio Personnel, Engineer: Mike Clink Producer: Guns N' Roses Studio Personnel, Mixer: Bill Price Studio Personnel, Engineer: Jim Mitchell Associated Performer, Violin: Alyssa Park Associated Performer, Violin: Neli Nikolaeva Associated Performer, Violin: Songa Lee Associated Performer, Violin: Yu-Tong Sharp Associated Performer, Violin: Cheryl Kim Associated Performer, Violin: Daphne Chen Associated Performer, Violin: Armen Anassian Associated Performer, Violin: Eun-Mee Ahn Associated Performer, Violin: Jackie Brand Associated Performer, Violin: Roger Wilkie Associated Performer, Violin: Maia Jasper Associated Performer, Violin: Susan Rishik Associated Performer, Violin: Sharon Jackson Associated Performer, Violin: Eugenia Choi Associated Performer, Violin: Tammy Hatwan Associated Performer, Violin: Charlie Bisharat Associated Performer, Violin: Radu Pieptea Associated Performer, Violin: Cheryl Norman-Brick Associated Performer, Violin: Akiko Tarumoto Associated Performer, Viola: Andrew Duckles Associated Performer, Viola: Luke Maurer Associated Performer, Viola: Stefan Smith Associated Performer, Viola: Corinne Sobolewski Associated Performer, Viola: Benn Ullery Associated Performer, Viola: Alma Fernandez Associated Performer, Viola: Aaron Otlman Associated Performer, Viola: Diana Wade Associated Performer, Cello, Orchestra Contractor: David Low Associated Performer, Cello: Cameron Stone Associated Performer, Cello: Tim Loo Associated Performer, Cello: Vanessa Freebairn-Smith Associated Performer, Cello: Charlie Tyler Associated Performer, Cello: Chris Ahn Associated Performer, Flute: Amy Tatum Associated Performer, Flute: Gina Luciani Associated Performer, Contrabass Recorder: Frank Harte Associated Performer, Contrabass Recorder: Eric Shetzen Unknown, Other: Mark Robertson Associated Performer, Background Vocalist: Stuart Bailey Associated Performer, Background Vocalist: Reta Shaw Studio Personnel, Recording Engineer: Jeff Vaughn Unknown, Other: Dan Diprima Unknown, Other: Alex Karukas Programmer: Michael Wilson Unknown, Other: Nick Fevola Unknown, Other: Andrew Kinney Composer Lyricist: W. Axl Rose Composer Lyricist: Jeffrey Isbell Composer Lyricist: Saul Hudson Composer Lyricist: Duff McKagan

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The arranger/conductor of the orchestra (Christopher Lennertz) is not credited either. The credits are incomplete.

Right. I just found the complete uptdated credits for the remix:

Drums: Matt Sorum Bass: Duff McKagan Lead and Rhythm Guitars: Slash Rhythm Guitar: Izzy Stradlin Vocals, Piano, Keyboard Orchestra: Axl Rose Synthesizer Programmers: Axl, Johann Langlie Background Vocals, Choir: Axl, Matt, Shannon Hoon, Stuart Bailey, Izzy, Duff, Dizzy Reed, Reba Shaw Music Conducted and Arranged by Christopher Lennertz Orchestrated by Andrew Kinney Orchestra Recorded by Jeff Vaughn Copyist: Nick Fevola Score Librarian: Steve Juliani Programmer: Michael Wilson Scoring Assistant: Alex Karukas Music Editor: Dan DiPrima Concertmaster: Mark Robertson Violins: Alyssa Park, Neli Nikolaeva, Songa Lee, Yu-Tong Sharp, Cheryl Kim, Daphne Chen, Armen Anassian, Eun-Mee Ahn, Jackie Brand, Roger Wilkie, Maia Jasper, Susan Rishik, Sharon Jackson, Eugenia Choi, Tammy Hatwan, Charlie Bisharat, Radu Pieptea, Cheryl Norman-Brick, Akiko Tarumuto Violas: Andrew Duckles, Luke Maurer, Stefan Smith, Corinne Sobolewski, Benn Ullery, Alma Fernandez, Aaron Oltman, Diana Wade Celli: David Low, Cameron Stone, Tim Loo, Vanessa Freebairn-Smith, Charlie Tyler, Chris Ahn Contrabass: Tom Harte, Eric Shetzen Flutes: Amy Tatum, Gina Luciani Orchestra Contractor: David Low Orchestra recorded at Eastwood Studios, Warner Brothers Studios, Toluca Lake, CA – September 1, 2021 Mixed by Steven Wilson – September-November 2022

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Cares is a bit strong but I'm curious to know what he thinks about all of this.

Sorry my response came off harsher than I meant it. I just meant I don't think he even cared much back when the albums were made originally so not sure if he spends even a minute thinking about this stuff other than when his royalty checks come in.

11 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

First time in a while I’ve seen that video. Looking back, that was some seriously dangerous rain. Everyone was hiding and running for their lives. It killed the bride. Never get caught in November rain, people.

When I first saw the band it was November 2006, it was indeed raining, and since the concert didn't end until well after the last of the public transit had gone I saw many people scrambling in the cold November Rain for taxis.

16 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Wow, i feel like not wanting to be in a state of having to deal with unrequited love.

Maybe a remastered version of making the videos should come out lol

8 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Maybe a remastered version of making the videos should come out lol

That's long been a hope of mine. An AC/DC "Plug Me In" or "Family Jewels" type release that collects all the previous home video material in one package with bonuses. 

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That's long been a hope of mine. An AC/DC "Plug Me In" or "Family Jewels" type release that collects all the previous home video material in one package with bonuses. 

Like a Pantera Vulgar Videos type thing? i'd love that but that would be the Perfect Crime doc and I dont believe we will ever see that sadly

This is how the song was always meant to sound IMO: The real orchestra and remaster sounds so good. Including that low register higher in the mix on the outro. So much clearer.

Listening to the original now, and the remaster just makes the original sound muddier by comparison. Axl’s vocals sound really good. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

This is how the song was always meant to sound IMO: The real orchestra and remaster sounds so good. Including that low register higher isn’t he mix on the outro. So much clearer.

Listening to the original now, and the remaster just makes the original sound muddier by comparison. Axl’s vocals sound really good. 

Yeah I’ve listened to the new version a few more times and I like it better than the original now (including the outro).

• Like 1