Why GN'R need a Blu Ray

GN'R need to release a Blu Ray or DVD of this band live, preferably of the 2016 tour.

It is the perfect way for the band to showcase what a live force they are with Slash and Duff back in the band. Think of how many millions worldwide would pick up a copy in their local video store who would then transfer their interest into seeing the band live with a new setlist in 2022/23 or buying the new album.

What are your thoughts? What show would you like to see get a physical release in the first half of this year? How many copies would you pick up?

• Like 2

"Think of how many millions worldwide would pick up a copy in their local video store who would then transfer their interest into seeing the band live with a new setlist in 2022/23 or buying the new album."

So many things wrong with this statement! 

A GNR live release has zero chance of selling millions of copies. 

New setlist? Come on, be realistic. 

Buying the new album?! You must be on the wind-up here, surely? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, willl said:

Uploading to YouTube or licensing to Netflix would be more beneficial in my opinion. It would reach a much larger audience. Does anyone even buy physical media anymore outside of hardcore fans?

Not against using a streaming service but think if we are wanting to reach a larger audience with the new DVD then getting it into stores will get it to more people. For example, there are 4,743 Walmart stores in the USA. That's just one example of a chain.

I think GN'R management could strike a deal with one of the big chains so they can have exclusive rights to the new DVD. Would expect a bidding war (extremely lucrative for GN'R) and Best Buy will be very keen after the Chinese Democracy exclusive. 

1 minute ago, Stress Fracture said:

A behind the scenes Netflix documentary about how Axl and Slash got back together would be the thing that gets interest, assuming they bothered to film any of that.

But then you’d have to have Fernando sitting there bragging about how it was all down to him.

The cover of the DVD could be the first time they embraced at Axl's house in 2015

On 1/28/2022 at 12:34 PM, willl said:

Uploading to YouTube or licensing to Netflix would be more beneficial in my opinion. It would reach a much larger audience. Does anyone even buy physical media anymore outside of hardcore fans?

They still generally make a hard copy available for hardcore fans to purchase.. I would want one.. Would prefer somethimg from the classic era, but I would buy one none the less.