Me & My Elvis

'Me & My Elvis' is one of my favorite tunes from the leaks.

Other than the Elvis reference in the title, do we have any other hints (not saying "confirmation" because I don't think we have one) that this song and the one Axl referred to as 'Leave Me Alone'/'Elvis Presley And The Monster Of Soul'/'Soul Monster' might actually be the same song?

43 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

'Me & My Elvis' is one of my favorite tunes from the leaks.

Other than the Elvis reference in the title, do we have any other hints (not saying "confirmation" because I don't think we have one) that this song and the one Axl referred to as 'Leave Me Alone'/'Elvis Presley And The Monster Of Soul'/'Soul Monster' might actually be the same song?

Nope.

• Like 1

I thought so. Also, sometimes I'm just curious about where the working titles come from. I mean, Smells Like Josh Spirit is a quite obvious reference to the riff and the drums of the song. D Tune and Quicksong are typical working titles. But titles like Me & My Elvis or Three Dollar Pyramid? That would be fun to know. If Mustache was a slow, sabbath-like riff I would have thought the name was coming from Iommi and Geezer, lol.

I thought Robin's amazing guitar work was Buckethead's for the longest time on this track. If Slash re-records the guitars for this song, I hope he does it justice. 

Real orchestra was added eventually, Buckethead played on it too, though I don't think he's on the Village instrumental. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The most expensive music ever made paired with the most expensive show ever made? How fitting!

Christ, man...I guess I only had three reactions today.

Anyway, maybe Axl could ride in on the back of an Oliphaunt in the video.

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I thought Robin's amazing guitar work was Buckethead's for the longest time on this track. If Slash re-records the guitars for this song, I hope he does it justice. 

Real orchestra was added eventually, Buckethead played on it too, though I don't think he's on the Village instrumental. 

I'm not being contrary for the sake of it, I admit you probably know better than I do, but, are we sure that's Robin?

I know the mix on Rough Mixes #4 is from March of 2000, so, it'd probably be soon to record, but, didn't Buckethead join up in November of '99?

Then again, the bends in the "chorus" definitely sound like Robin.  It's likely him.

Edited by oneway23

4 hours ago, oneway23 said:

I'm not being contrary for the sake of it, I admit you probably know better than I do, but, are we sure that's Robin?

I know the mix on Rough Mixes #4 is from March of 2000, so, it'd probably be soon to record, but, didn't Buckethead join up in November of '99?

Then again, the bends in the "chorus" definitely sound like Robin.  It's likely him.

Yes, I was 99% sure or more it was Bucket, but members here said in response it was unlikely to be him due to the date, but Buckethead was in the band from late '99 as you mentioned (I thought since Christmas of '99), so it could be him.

Bucket is also on Riad and Madagascar, so it is possible he is playing. 

Members with keener ears than me swear it is Robin. So, it could go either way for me. I'd welcome any thoughts on the matter.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

He wont

54 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm worried about every song .. His live performances of the ChiDem songs (except ChiDem title) are horrendous 

Ya know, it's funny that people who didn't like Buckethead while he was in the band often complained about his "soulless" noodling or shredding, but, after hearing Slash do his version of what noodling & shredding is live over the CD songs, anyone with half an ear should realize just how thought out and fitting Buckethead's playing actually was for those songs.

• Like 4

On 2/9/2022 at 11:45 AM, oneway23 said:

Ya know, it's funny that people who didn't like Buckethead while he was in the band often complained about his "soulless" noodling or shredding, but, after hearing Slash do his version of what noodling & shredding is live over the CD songs, anyone with half an ear should realize just how thought out and fitting Buckethead's playing actually was for those songs.

People complained about Robin's sloppy live performances as well. One of those, you didn't know how much you loved them until they were gone situations. :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

People complained about Robin's sloppy live performances as well. One of those, you didn't know how much you loved them until they were gone situations. :D

100% about Robin. Glad you mention him, because I meant to include him, but would have ended up going off on another tangent, so I stopped short LOL

I was one of those people way back when slagging him...Boy oh boy, some of those solos on the early shows.  Once the CD stuff starting leaking out and I could really listen to what he was doing on the new songs, though, I gained such an appreciation for his talent.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

100% about Robin. Glad you mention him, because I meant to include him, but would. have ended up going off on another tangent, so I stopped short LOL

I was one of those people way back when slagging him...Boy oh boy, some of those solos on the early shows.  Once the CD stuff starting leaking out and I could really listen to what he was doing on the new songs, though, I gained such an appreciation for his talent.

My appreciation for Robin's skills went up tenfold after hearing his work on the previously unheard Village stuff. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, oneway23 said:

100% about Robin. Glad you mention him, because I meant to include him, but would have ended up going off on another tangent, so I stopped short LOL

Same, but to be fair: the way he handled the old stuff was pretty bad, sometimes brutal in the beginning. :D

And he looked and moved like a dork sometimes.

But yeah, later on (and on recordings) he was brillant and a very interesting player. Love "Fight Train" as well and I would really like to hear that solo album he mentioned someday.

• Like 1