I see the purpose behind Chinese Democracy

After their 'Illusion Tour, I can see that Axl wanted to take GN'R into another direction. Then came the quarrels & him winning the name rights. Like the 'Illusions were a fresh new start, I would've wanted the next album to be too & Axl could see that unless GN'R modernises & renews, they'll become irrelevant. Chinese Democracy had so much diversity of musical directions that it cannot get boring; the album recordings could've been heavier, but the songs are excellent live! It made me wonder how the current line-up would sound playing Shackler's Revenge, If The World & I.R.S.; the ones they've played have been great!

Edited by Screamin' Demon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think most the songs deserve 3 guitarist for sure. Listening to slash and duff play these songs is fun at the least but I’m glad they’re bringing songs like Reckless Life back. Axl doesn’t sound half bad either. I wish they could play Sorry as well as Axl’s band did 

https://youtu.be/VPnHt9p5qkU

:headbang:

Edited by Spaghetti4twenty
  • Like 1

Chinese Democracy came to late. Would be a great record in 2001. In 2008 it feels already out of place. However, CD is great, listen it more than Spaghetti and Lies together. Track list is good. Intro for Chinese Democracy and Outro for Prostitute are great. A closed circle. I still doesn't understand the vision of Axl Rose but because of that it's a great. A journey with no results.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Chinese Democracy came to late. Would be a great record in 2001. In 2008 it feels already out of place. However, CD is great, listen it more than Spaghetti and Lies together. Track list is good. Intro for Chinese Democracy and Outro for Prostitute are great. A closed circle. I still doesn't understand the vision of Axl Rose but because of that it's a great. A journey with no results.

IRS and Chinese Democracy are my favorite songs from Chinese Democracy. 😀😏😉

IRS's "True," is one of the best notes Axl has ever sung,I get goosebumps and chills every single time I hear that note. 😀😏😉 And besides, the entire IRS song is really good. Chinese Democracy, Axl harmonizes with himself in completely different pitches and it's a real treat to listen to. 😏😀😀 Chinese Democracy is a really good song too. 😀😏😉And Chinese Democracy sounds very reminiscent of It's So Easy from Appetite For Destruction. Which is a good song too. 😉😀😏

10 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I find it funny when people talk nonsense about GNR becoming irrelevant if they didn't evolve. 

I guess the likes of ACDC don't sell stadiums? 

Good point. Not everyone can--or has to--be the Beatles. The Rolling Stones comes to mind as well. There was a little progression there, but not much, and it certainly didn't hurt them. Hell... the Stones were the biggest (literally) draw last year, even outselling Harry Fuckin' Styles lol.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nintari said:

Good point. Not everyone can--or has to--be the Beatles. The Rolling Stones comes to mind as well. There was a little progression there, but not much, and it certainly didn't hurt them. Hell... the Stones were the biggest (literally) draw last year, even outselling Harry Fuckin' Styles lol.

The Stones covered all styles of Music on their records. They’ve had gospel, country, blues, rock, psychedelia, disco, baroque etc on their albums. Jagger tries to keep them relevant and Keith tries to keep them “The Stones” 

People always reference the Beatles but I always thought Buddy Holly made one of the biggest jumps in music. He started with a guitar and ended with strings inside 2 years. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

The Stones covered all styles of Music on their records. They’ve had gospel, country, blues, rock, psychedelia, disco, baroque etc on their albums. Jagger tries to keep them relevant and Keith tries to keep them “The Stones” 

People always reference the Beatles but I always thought Buddy Holly made one of the biggest jumps in music. He started with a guitar and ended with strings inside 2 years. 

With apologies to Buddy, there isn't a much bigger leap than going from Love Me Do to Tomorrow Never Knows and Strawberry Fields. That's a quantum leap. and all without missing a beat.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

I always believed that when he renamed the album to Chinese Democracy, it’s purpose became to tinker in the studio and spend the label’s money after they told him to rework the songs

Democracy in China sounds good in some theory, but ultimately it’s something that we will probably never see in our lifetime 

On 8/19/2022 at 11:16 PM, Nintari said:

Now you know how all us OG fans felt when we heard Finck's Big Daddy SCOM solo for the first time. Not fun, is it? lol

Honestly, I don’t find it that bad. If I put the album on and decide to play along, I constantly find myself playing things Finck’s way on SCOM, at least for the bends in the first half.

I never find myself playing CD songs Slash’s way. Can anybody? They’re careless disasters, aside from the TIL solo on 2016 Vegas night 2. That’s a masterpiece.

13 hours ago, DaneisKing1389 said:

Honestly, I don’t find it that bad. If I put the album on and decide to play along, I constantly find myself playing things Finck’s way on SCOM, at least for the bends in the first half.

I never find myself playing CD songs Slash’s way. Can anybody? They’re careless disasters, aside from the TIL solo on 2016 Vegas night 2. That’s a masterpiece.

I don't like Slash's takes either. Both sides should have just played the solos the way they were on the record, or try to get them as close as possible. Putting your own take on something established like that (especially something as iconic as SCOM)... I don't know. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Edited by Nintari

On 8/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, guitarpatch said:

I always believed that when he renamed the album to Chinese Democracy, it’s purpose became to tinker in the studio and spend the label’s money after they told him to rework the songs

Democracy in China sounds good in some theory, but ultimately it’s something that we will probably never see in our lifetime 

In China, there are actually quite a few parties besides the Communist party.

Apparently, they are consulted about policy, but in practice can be, and almost always are ignored. And they have no chance of getting any power to make decisions.

I'll leave you all to draw your own analogies from that. 

On 8/20/2022 at 2:36 AM, ©GnrPersia said:

CD wasn't meant to be played by bluesy style of Slash. It's like asking David Gilmour to play in Nine Inch Nails or Ministry.

And I'm sorry but the CD songs played by this lineup has been a total mess. Duff is relatively doing fair justice to the songs but Slash seems to be randomly noodling masterpiece solos written by Bucket/Robin. And to be honest, It is fucking annoying to NewGnr fans. Some of us have good memories with these (currently-fuckedup) tunes...

NewGnr lineup, love it or hate it, had been paying their respect to the original lineup by playing AFD songs so tight and beautiful.

Seems the opposite can't happen. I wish they would just let it go with CD songs rather than molesting them time after time on stage.

On 8/20/2022 at 3:45 AM, Spaghetti4twenty said:

I think most the songs deserve 3 guitarist for sure. Listening to slash and duff play these songs is fun at the least but I’m glad they’re bringing songs like Reckless Life back. Axl doesn’t sound half bad either. I wish they could play Sorry as well as Axl’s band did 

https://youtu.be/VPnHt9p5qkU

:headbang:

Bring back Bucket. I’d pay to see a three-guitarist lineup of Slash, Bucket and Fortus. 

I always wanted Deep Purple to have their farewell tour being a “through the ages” type of event where they play songs from their catalogue with a rolling list of players so the on stage line up respects the song being played. Dreamland I know but that could be an interesting idea to keep things fresh for Guns. As a diehard CD era and classic-era fan anyway I’d personally love that. The general public possibly less so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I always wanted Deep Purple to have their farewell tour being a “through the ages” type of event where they play songs from their catalogue with a rolling list of players so the on stage line up respects the song being played. Dreamland I know but that could be an interesting idea to keep things fresh for Guns. As a diehard CD era and classic-era fan anyway I’d personally love that. The general public possibly less so.

Chinese Democracy in its entirety in a theatre with all the musicians who helped create it.

Hypothetically if Deep Purple were to play an all star show how would you start their set?    

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Chinese Democracy in its entirety in a theatre with all the musicians who helped create it.

Hypothetically if Deep Purple were to play an all star show how would you start their set?    

Yeah that’s the problem, it’s too late now. You’d probably start with Hush but you need Jon Lord.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Karice said:

A Music Critic said something like, "Chinese Democracy is actually a slamming, solid, good album. The only problem was how long it took to release Chinese Democracy. Had it come out about 10 years earlier, it would have gotten a lot more praise. "

Don't listen to "music critics" they are full of shit! N' smell their own farts day long, all day EVERY DAY! THANKS TO THIS LAME ASS KRISPY KREME CONAN JOKE I AM SHOVING SLASH UP MY ASS!! THATS WHERE SLASH IS!!!! FUCK U!!!!