2023 WORLD TOUR

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Sarcasm aside, you do realise it's fans like you who allow GNR to be the travelling karaoke nostalgia outfit they are today, don't you??

So what? If you dont wanna see them let us who still enjoy them go the shows. Soon this nostalgia act will be done , members might seriously ill or forced to retire to health reasons so why shouldn’t we go to their nostalgia act? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Why do you care? Why are you here? I don't get it.
Millions of people who like this band still want to see them live, even if it's for the 4th or 5th time. Why do you care?
You've expressed that you don't like it many times before. No need to repeat it every time. It was clear the first time. You're really not that important!

Why am I here? I guess for the same reason as all the other fans are who post in the New Album thread which has just surpassed 1k pages, whilst the show threads struggle to reach 3-4 pages these days. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

Just now, Towelie said:

Why am I here? I guess for the same reason that all the other fans are who post in the New Album thread which has just surpassed 1k pages, whilst the show threads sturggle to reach 3-4 pages these days. 

So you're here to question (again) why other people, who have a different opinion than you, enjoy something and calling them crazy?
I don't get it.

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

You have a problem that others have a different opinion than you and so you call them crazy. Are you 12 years old?
It's totally fine that you wouldn't want to see them again. So don't go see them. But let others who do enjoy it still have their fun without getting so upset. Get over yourself!

Well, I did say I hope you have fun. I'm not upset. Just think it's frustrating that certain fans pay for a musical groundhog day, allowing Axl/Slash/Duff to coast indefinitely into retirement.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Ooooh, struck a nerve have I? You lads waste your money on what you like. The fact that it bothers you so much that I think you're all crazy, suggests to me that deep down, you know you're being taken for a mug. But alas, it's your money. Hope you have fun. 

Sure we have fun or do you think we go there again and again if we weren’t satisfied?  You are here for new music.. well good luck for the wait! 

Just now, Towelie said:

Well, I did say I hope you have fun. I'm not upset. Just think it's frustrating that certain fans pay for a musical groundhog day, allowing Axl/Slash/Duff to coast indefinitely into retirement.

Why is that frustrating, though? Because you can't be excited about something anymore, it's frustrating others can? This is so immature!

Just now, Towelie said:

I think it s frustrating if you are a gnr fan that waits for new music! 🤣
As for the shows: It s not like I have 30 bands that still exist/tour which I want to see live so seeing my top 10 bands live is always a  pleasure for me because I know in the next 5-10 years they all wont tour anymore 

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, for one. No one gives a shit what you think. And for two, people like us, who have seen them a million times, are the minority. We are not the ones filling up those stadiums. So if we would stay home, they still would go on these tours with thousands of people, who never saw them before or are in the very low 1 digit numbers. Nothing would change, except we also wouldn't get to see them and keep bitching about them on forums like you, feeling so almighty we missed out on all those shows. I personally rather see the shows.

Definitely struck a nerve. Go ahead little sheeple, pay for Beta's new landscaping. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Definitely struck a nerve. Go ahead little sheeple, pay for Beta's new landscaping. 

Wow. You're such a laughable clown. :lol::lol: What nerve?? But whatever. I get fun out of GNR. You get frustration and come across like a little piss ant. I think I win.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

imagine getting frustrated about other people having fun. 

To me people like Towelie are jelous. Usually if you downplay other people s joy it s because you don t enjoy anything yourself.. 

p.s you won the june announcement bet 😊

Edited by Natty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Natty said:

You forget that for most of us it s our favorite band, soundtrack of our life and so on. Plus they are getting old so why should we skip their gigs just because the setlist doesn’t change much?? Either you love to hear those songs or you don’t 🤷‍♀️

They were one of my favorite bands, which is why I can’t bear to see him up there sounding like Mickey Mouse and gasping for air. It’s embarrassing 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

To me people like her are jelous. Usually if you downplay other people s joy it s because you don t enjoy anything yourself.. 

p.s you won the june announcement bet 😊

I think that's part of it. GnR is a favourite band to many, but some have lost the excitement, and to see others still have that excitement somewhat stings them, so they tell them they are crazy or constantly repeat their opinion to convince others to lose their excitement as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

They were one of my favorite bands, which is why I can’t bear to see him up there sounding like Mickey Mouse and gasping for air. It’s embarrassing 

I ve seen worse 🤣 bon jovi is really really embarrassing. Axl has good and bad days

33 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I haven't even looked at pricing, but have read many people surprised by how high tix are. Are nosebleeds really $100 a piece? 

I actually think tickets prices dropped a little from 2020, at least for the Fenway Park show in Boston.

Not sure if there's really such a thing as a nosebleed seat anymore, since the bigger touring bands use giant video screens that anyone in the stadium or arena can see easily.

Edited by Old_school_gnr_fan

4 minutes ago, Natty said:

I ve seen worse 🤣 bon jovi is really really embarrassing. Axl has good and bad days

I think the longer breaks between shows this year are partially designed so Axl can allow his vocal cords to recover more fully. It's a wise move. We shouldn't expect him to do back to back nights singing songs like You Could Be Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, or other songs that put a lot of strain on his voice.

52 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Why do you care? Why are you here? I don't get it.
Millions of people who like this band still want to see them live, even if it's for the 4th or 5th time. Why do you care?
You've expressed that you don't like it many times before. No need to repeat it every time. It was clear the first time. You're really not that important!

So Do you are very important?