2023 WORLD TOUR

I understand that concert tickets might be out of many peoples' price range these days, but it's the way that people act like Guns N' Roses is either the only band for doing it or the worst band in the world for doing it.

Going to concerts is an expensive endeavour in the 2020s. Every major act costs too much, and in fairness to GN'R, they're far from the most expensive. If you can't afford it, don't go. It's not a right.

Complain about the shit the band does, by all means, but going on the attack for things that are industry standard and done by everyone just makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

They're now selling floor tickets for as low as $80, lower bowl for $60 and upper bowl for $40, and that's after taxes and ticketmasters fees. I got up front on the floor for less than half of the original price. If they'd set these ticket prices from the beginning, they might have actually sold well.

For a show like Vancouver, a lot of people also have to factor in hotels and ferry costs ($100 each way for 2 people in a car). So yea, the original ticket prices are obviously way higher than the demand, and people are right to complain about them. Not everyone can wait until the day of the show to get cheap tickets, so they just miss out. Clearly the tickets can be sold for reasonable prices. 

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

Grabbed some beers with a friend at a bar in Vancouver last night, bartender mentioned he heard GNR were playing. I told him I was going, and he told me he went to the gig in 2017, but thought it was too long. "I don't need to hear everything they've ever played, I just need to hear the hits! I don't care for that 'Chinese Democracy' album..." I laughed and told him it was my favourite album, but yeah, I think that accurately reflects popular sentiment of GNR these days. For the average casual GNR fan, if they've seen them in the past few years, they're not gonna shell out the current asking price seeing as they've already heard all the hits they've wanted to hear and don't want to sit through a three hour show.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...