2023 WORLD TOUR

7 hours ago, DSTK said:

Very overrated... obviously because you disagree that makes me automatically wrong ?.... dickhead

They were so over hyped, no competition really and imploded after a decade 

Ah ok, you're clearly joking. you dont have to go full dumb to prove it though, next time just say you were joking!

10 hours ago, allwaystired said:

and using their 'implosion' as a problem is just massively ignoring, or ignorant of musical history. 

Not to mention doing it on a forum dedicated to a band that famously, erm... imploded after a handful of albums

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 1:24 PM, Sweersa said:

Now that is a song or two I'm familiar with. :) 

You can laugh it off but it's a ridiculous statement. You don't have to be a fan to have heard these songs. It would be like saying you couldn't name a Stones song in the past 30-40 years. This is actually worse because U2 has had massive songs that reached every level of our pop culture.

Anyone your age who says they don't know...

Vertigo

Beautiful Day

One

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Mysterious Ways

...is lying.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Slugworth said:

You can laugh it off but it's a ridiculous statement. You don't have to be a fan to have heard these songs. It would be like saying you couldn't name a Stones song in the past 30-40 years. This is actually worse because U2 has had massive songs that reached every level of our pop culture.

Anyone your age who says they don't know...

Vertigo

Beautiful Day

One

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Mysterious Ways

...is lying.

I didn’t mean to walk on a favorite band of yours, I was just being honest. 

I have probably heard U2 songs on the radio, but even if I recognized a song of theirs as a song I’ve heard before, and perhaps enjoyed, I wouldn’t be able to name them as the band who made it.

I understand though, I work with people in their 20s who have never heard of Axl Rose. That amazed me.

• Like 1

My 2 cents are that One, With or Without You, When the Streets Have No Name, Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, and probably Sunday Bloody Sunday are songs that are impossible to not know or at least have heard of. Other than that, I basically like the music but am not exactly a fan of the band. To me, it’s something I’d call "radio matter". 
Kudos to Bono for whatever good he does for the world... or something like that, whatever, Idk. :) 

Edited by jamillos

4 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

U2 are amazing live and still no can beat there 360 tour record  110 shows made them how much.........

110 shows over 10 years ago just saying 

I saw them and thought they were at best average and pretty shit at times. 

Wouldn't cross the road to see them again personally. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Well the record breaking figure for the 360 tour will be hard to beat 

I'm not really interested in how many tickets they sold or how much money they made though as it doesn't impact on me or my enjoyment of the show....I'm more concerned about whether the show was any good! 

6 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

U2 are amazing live and still no can beat there 360 tour record  110 shows made them how much.........

110 shows over 10 years ago just saying 

Ed Sheeran and Elton John technically surpassed it in terms of dollar amount. Taylor Swift will definitely smash everything when her tour's numbers come out.

Either way, it doesn't matter. They are all mega tours. NITL is included in that and GNR continues to be a very steady and reliable touring juggernaut. Even if every single seat isn't occupied.

Anyways, I have seen U2 3 times. First was on 360, then one on Innocence + Experience, then one Joshua Tree Tour. I have enjoyed them all but 360 was in a separate league imo. That show was absolutely incredible. It wasn't just due to the massive stage, it truly felt like a generational event like I'm sure Zoo TV or even Popmart did when those tours happened. The aura of the stadium, the setlist, performance, and yes, the stage, really put it up there as one of the best shows I have seen. Probably the best stadium show I have seen from a staging and spectacle perspective

This tour should be renamed to the "Money grab FU! Tour". No pyro, cheap penny pinching all the way through for each show to maximize profits, and ripoff ticket prices as an extra FU from the oldies. Don't forget the shitty overpriced merch - a $49.95 lavender scented candle is just what you need from this band, no need for any new music. They have more in common with Kiss than Metallica at this point. The wise words of James Hetfield still ring true: "one cup cubed ham, it's gotta be cubed right so it can get down his little neck..."

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Ed Sheeran and Elton John technically surpassed it in terms of dollar amount. Taylor Swift will definitely smash everything when her tour's numbers come out.

Either way, it doesn't matter. They are all mega tours. NITL is included in that and GNR continues to be a very steady and reliable touring juggernaut. Even if every single seat isn't occupied.

Anyways, I have seen U2 3 times. First was on 360, then one on Innocence + Experience, then one Joshua Tree Tour. I have enjoyed them all but 360 was in a separate league imo. That show was absolutely incredible. It wasn't just due to the massive stage, it truly felt like a generational event like I'm sure Zoo TV or even Popmart did when those tours happened. The aura of the stadium, the setlist, performance, and yes, the stage, really put it up there as one of the best shows I have seen. Probably the best stadium show I have seen from a staging and spectacle perspective

Lol all them have way way more than 110 shows 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I'm a bit lost on this discussion here - is the point that U2 are good because they made more money? 

If so, that's some strange logic! 

They must be if they can make that money in only 110 shows as no 1 else has come close lol

7 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Honestly, it just is how most big name acts operate nowadays, its just the nature of the beast - I am all for critiquing GNR's business antics when they are off base, but I can't blame them for doing what every other band as big as they, are doing

That's the thing. So many moan about what GN'R do when it comes to touring, ticketing, and merch, but they're doing exactly the same as pretty much every other major touring rock band. Yet more moaning for the sake of moaning from supposed 'fans'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

That's the thing. So many moan about what GN'R do when it comes to touring, ticketing, and merch, but they're doing exactly the same as pretty much every other major touring rock band. Yet more moaning for the sake of moaning from supposed 'fans'

My favorite is when people on here complain about ticket prices and announce they wont be going to a show because of the prices ... I've gone to every show in my market, including one I flew out of state for, and never once was hampered by prices. 

• ABSUЯD 1

32 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

My favorite is when people on here complain about ticket prices and announce they wont be going to a show because of the prices ... I've gone to every show in my market, including one I flew out of state for, and never once was hampered by prices. 

brother everyone's budget is different, specially when it comes to entertainment purposes and in a board with members from all over the world. I've been a member of this board for almost 17 years and while I have seen various GNR shows, money has been a huge factor on not seeing others. 

• Like 3

The issue isn't so much the ticket prices, as it is the value for the prices. 

I'll give Axl a pass is there is something out of his control, but the reality as it appears is that he is out of shape and doesn't put in the effort that the ticket prices merit. Back in 06, the guy was a monster, and I more than got my money's worth seeing him, but now I am not even sure that I would go with a free ticket. I'd rather stay home and complain about the band on the internet. 

21 hours ago, superloconoriega said:

brother everyone's budget is different, specially when it comes to entertainment purposes and in a board with members from all over the world. I've been a member of this board for almost 17 years and while I have seen various GNR shows, money has been a huge factor on not seeing others. 

The ticket prices have been as cheap as $25 ... Give me a break 

• Like 1