2023 WORLD TOUR

38 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

I live 90min a from MetLife and have seen this show 10x - the only different thing that happens is in the first 6 songs. Why the hell would I stay?

That’s mad 🤣. Just don’t bother going at all and save yourself the hassle. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 4:16 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd love to see Pretty Tied Up or the slow You're Crazy come back as openers, and hear ISE later in the set (like after November Rain, to kick the pace of the show back up.)

Genuinely asking - when were they opening with YC on the regular? The only time I can remember it is Brooklyn Bowl 2013. 

On 7/26/2023 at 11:12 AM, Amir said:

Highlight for me out of the four I went to was definitely Paris. Axl was good on Prostitute, and I was really impressed by Slash both on Prostitute and TWAT. The former always used to be a disaster with the '09-'14 lineup and Slash used to struggle on the latter but he pleasantly surprised me.

Also really liked Slash's outro on Locomotive at Bucharest, and when Axl used his lower voice I thought that was better than previous attempts since they brought that track out again.

I half agree about Prostitute being a mess in the NuGNR era. It was awful the two times they played it in Japan in 2009. But the next two in Vegas in 2014 were fantastic I thought. 

On 7/27/2023 at 9:37 AM, tboneman said:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/nikki-sixx-there-will-be-no-setlist-changes-for-motley-crues-upcoming-u-s-shows

"One of the fans who commented on Sixx's post wrote, "Hopefully an adjustment in the set list, would love to hear some of the other killer songs you have to", to which Nikki replied: "The show is all worked out for this tour. Next time we go into rehearsals in 2024 for the next tour we do all the set list and video content changes."

Just read this. At least GnR changes a little bit their set from show to show. I guess it's easier when they actually play live.

For Motley that might be true. But let’s not paint every single artist who does a static setlist as not actually performing live. Plenty of artists play an identical setlist every night, usually for production reasons like Nikki states there. There’s artists who do have choreographed stage shows where it isn’t as simple as “let’s just do this instead of that tonight”. Artists with constantly changing stage props or evolving stage shows just can’t do that practically - artists like Alice Cooper or Iron Maiden just for example. Not that I think Nikki’s reasoning excuses Motley in particular, but the logic is sound. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, Oxford said:

That’s mad 🤣. Just don’t bother going at all and save yourself the hassle. 

And @Stay.Of.Execution

id go to literally hear the stuff I haven’t heard, I’m a person that sees 100+ shows a year, and I never stay until encores unless it’s an easy commute home. 

so for me to go and see a show for an hour/hour+30 or so is pretty standard. I don’t NEED to stay for any band, especially ones that I’ve seen multiple times (and as we’ve discussed endlessly it’s the same show)

I also don’t/won’t pay, so taking a fun car ride or train ride with friends, seeing something interesting for a bit and going home, is a fantastic experience.

why are y’all so offended by that 🤣

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

And @Stay.Of.Execution

id go to literally hear the stuff I haven’t heard, I’m a person that sees 100+ shows a year, and I never stay until encores unless it’s an easy commute home. 

so for me to go and see a show for an hour/hour+30 or so is pretty standard. I don’t NEED to stay for any band, especially ones that I’ve seen multiple times (and as we’ve discussed endlessly it’s the same show)

I also don’t/won’t pay, so taking a fun car ride or train ride with friends, seeing something interesting for a bit and going home, is a fantastic experience.

why are y’all so offended by that 🤣

it's like stopping in the middle of sex because you've already done that before. doesn't make sense

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

it's like stopping in the middle of sex because you've already done that before. doesn't make sense

I mean.. if you’re enjoying sex with that particular person than sure go ahead.. and finish.

But it hurts my soul to see Axl struggle with my fave gnr songs which are all back of set, so I’d rather not hear that.

I’ll stay for the.. happy ending.. if show is going amazing though. Just haven’t had that happen with gnr since the Vegas shows in 2016. Or if I paid FULL PRICE for a ticket. 

but for each their own! Hope everyone has a great weekend✌🏼

Edited by IzzysMissy
Typppooo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They might just have to cancel this show outright honestly

That was what it looked like on Sunday. As of Monday they’ve made every other row available in the upper and lower bowls, so they’ll be closing off the top of the stadium for sure. The floor seats remain unchanged but they’ve “lowered” ticket prices. (Although PIT going from $375 to $275 isn’t going to move the needle)

Since when did the background video for HardSkool change? I was looking at a recent performance of it and it’s a video of the school of athens crumbling or something.

That’s kinda funny, considering that the school of athens is also where the UYI artwork comes from.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Since when did the background video for HardSkool change? I was looking at a recent performance of it and it’s a video of the school of athens crumbling or something.

That’s kinda funny, considering that the school of athens is also where the UYI artwork comes from.

Midway of the leg I think. Glasgow already had the new video.
Cool thing almost all of them got changed for this year.
Love the one for Coma.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think late 1988 was the only time they did it somewhat regularly, then some random 2012-13 shows. It's a good opener though.

Just looked it up - they opened with YC for all of the Japan, Australia and NZ tour (9 shows), some of the Aerosmith tour (at least 11 shows) and the last US show opening for INXS. There's info missing for a lot of the Aerosmith tour though.

And I don't count the Fox Late Show since it was only 2 songs, and the 2010 acoustic shows were more like private or after party shows. But it wouldn't really be out of place as an opener, especially if Frank plays the drum intro in the dark and then the stage lights come on when the riff starts.

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Unlikely a coincidence knowing Axl.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just looked it up - they opened with YC for all of the Japan, Australia and NZ tour (9 shows), some of the Aerosmith tour (at least 11 shows) and the last US show opening for INXS. There's info missing for a lot of the Aerosmith tour though.

And I don't count the Fox Late Show since it was only 2 songs, and the 2010 acoustic shows were more like private or after party shows. But it wouldn't really be out of place as an opener, especially if Frank plays the drum intro in the dark and then the stage lights come on when the riff starts.

According to setlist.fm, they opened the show with YC 22 times in 1988. Setlist.fm doesnt have info for every show that year, which means that they may have played it at some other shows as well.

18 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

In Vigo I saw this vídeo but Can’t remember if was during Hard School or other song

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 1:16 PM, BillConnor_1982 said:

IMG-1918.pngLOL

People laughed when Sixx brought up touring with Guns but if Live Nation wants it, it'll happen. I don't know how the tour is selling but Gn'R aren't going to continually get their $3-5(?) million dollar ask per show with sales like these. 

• Like 3

Just listening to "Since I Don't Have You" for the first time in a while and it's a song they should bring back! Deeper Axl vocal, obviously would sound different but definitely one that could be decent live and a different feel vibe for the set! Anyone like to hear it again? (Last live? Ever done love??)

• Like 3

These guys don't want to do PR, don't want to release music, don't want to release archival stuff, and still expect to play stadiums at exorbitant prices. Brilliant really. The bare minimum would be doing a few talk shows, going on JRE, etc but Axl will do none of those things so I imagine the NA tour will have anemic sales. They're going to probably have to give those tickets away to fill those stadiums half way.

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1