2023 WORLD TOUR

St. Louis show officially cancelled:

In a statement, Axl Rose said, “I am, as is the band, really bummed we’re forced to cancel our show in St. Louis. The history, the memories, the return to share that bond with our fans. It sucks!!”

https://www.kmov.com/2023/09/08/guns-n-roses-concert-busch-stadium-postponed-according-email-sent-stadium-staff/

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

St. Louis show officially cancelled:

In a statement, Axl Rose said, “I am, as is the band, really bummed we’re forced to cancel our show in St. Louis. The history, the memories, the return to share that bond with our fans. It sucks!!”

https://www.kmov.com/2023/09/08/guns-n-roses-concert-busch-stadium-postponed-according-email-sent-stadium-staff/

They ARE cursed! One guarantee, when they do get back there for a date, it'll be a hell of a party and set to make up! 

12 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Anyone know the optimal timing to get tickets on the cheap? I want to go to the San Diego show. I presume it’s not gonna sell out. I don’t know how long I should wait before buying them, any advice welcome.

Are worst seats in the house reasonably priced? Buy them now and upgrade 2-3 days before show day. Or wait until the afternoon of to buy tickets 🎟 

Edited by Coma16

On 9/26/2023 at 4:44 PM, GoBucky said:

The Sphere on a U2 off date would get me back out to Vegas. 

Zero chance lol - the Spheres design team needs like a year to plan the show as it’s all proprietary tech. MSG won’t talk to anyone that’s not doing a residency. 

source: trust me bruh 

(no but seriously I have a few friends/coworkers on the Sphere project so I’ve been in the know about this the past few years.. it’ll be Coldplay after U2)

39 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

Zero chance lol - the Spheres design team needs like a year to plan the show as it’s all proprietary tech. MSG won’t talk to anyone that’s not doing a residency. 

(no but seriously I have a few friends/coworkers on the Sphere project so I’ve been in the know about this the past few years.. it’ll be Coldplay after U2)

Wow, I didn't realize all that.

3 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Wow, I didn't realize all that.

Check these out.. this venue is truly the coolest, I legit can’t wait to see it in person:

https://www.wallpaper.com/art/making-of-u2-uv-achtung-baby-live-at-sphere-las-vegas

https://www.thestreet.com/travel/these-big-names-likely-to-follow-u2-at-las-vegas-strip-sphere

if I had to guess, I’d say if GNR did something like U2 is doing they’d get a Sphere residency too.. again if I had to put money down, I’d say it’ll be Coldplay (and Harry Styles) next up for the sphere if only for their Azoff connections. At some point Phish will camp out there as well.

1 hour ago, IzzysMissy said:

Check these out.. this venue is truly the coolest, I legit can’t wait to see it in person:

https://www.wallpaper.com/art/making-of-u2-uv-achtung-baby-live-at-sphere-las-vegas

https://www.thestreet.com/travel/these-big-names-likely-to-follow-u2-at-las-vegas-strip-sphere

if I had to guess, I’d say if GNR did something like U2 is doing they’d get a Sphere residency too.. again if I had to put money down, I’d say it’ll be Coldplay (and Harry Styles) next up for the sphere if only for their Azoff connections. At some point Phish will camp out there as well.

I can't wait to see it...it looks incredible 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

This is accurate. 

8 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

Im hoping for Phish one day. Im attending U2.

• Like 1

A thing that may be a bit shitty is that the tour was now supposed to be over and they were heading back to studio. Now there is more toruing and less time to get in studio to finish up an album before Slash is out again with Conspirators!? :/

But lets at least hope for one more double single before christmas - Atlas and Soul monster

• Like 1

4 hours ago, betterman said:

A thing that may be a bit shitty is that the tour was now supposed to be over and they were heading back to studio. Now there is more toruing and less time to get in studio to finish up an album before Slash is out again with Conspirators!? :/

But lets at least hope for one more double single before christmas - Atlas and Soul monster

'Finish Up' an album? Start writing one is probably more accurate! 

Who said that thing about them doing an album after the tour wraps up? I know Slash said it about a year ago, but has there been any other people saying it? I'd say the writing is on the wall. It's just touring, touring and more touring.

If you're expecting them to get in the studio and write and record an album before SMKC start touring again, then disappointment is the only thing you'll get I'm afraid. 

It's shitty, illogical and a waste of talent.....but it's the way it is now. As you say, here's hoping for another new/old song at some point in the next year or so. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

'Finish Up' an album? Start writing one is probably more accurate! 

Who said that thing about them doing an album after the tour wraps up? I know Slash said it about a year ago, but has there been any other people saying it? I'd say the writing is on the wall. It's just touring, touring and more touring.

If you're expecting them to get in the studio and write and record an album before SMKC start touring again, then disappointment is the only thing you'll get I'm afraid. 

It's shitty, illogical and a waste of talent.....but it's the way it is now. As you say, here's hoping for another new/old song at some point in the next year or so. 

Their tour manager

Just checking U2 in The Sphere in Las Vegas.
Impressive venue...would be nice if GNR could play a surprise gig at that place.

Somebody here said earlier it's only for residencies. Imaginable because I think it costs a fortune to play there.
That owners can ask what they want.
Maybe they show build a mini Sphere....this thing is huge.
Upper seats are damn far away...like in a stadium.
Graphics look great but I prefer smaller venues.

EDIT: Sphere has a seated capacity of 17,600, but has a standing room capacity of 20,000 people.
Not sure how to read this exactly but it's not that much and explains the high prices maybe.

Edited by avahland
  • Like 1