2023 WORLD TOUR

https://blabbermouth.net/news/nikki-sixx-there-will-be-no-setlist-changes-for-motley-crues-upcoming-u-s-shows

"One of the fans who commented on Sixx's post wrote, "Hopefully an adjustment in the set list, would love to hear some of the other killer songs you have to", to which Nikki replied: "The show is all worked out for this tour. Next time we go into rehearsals in 2024 for the next tour we do all the set list and video content changes."

Just read this. At least GnR changes a little bit their set from show to show. I guess it's easier when they actually play live.

• Like 1

It's a shame the American leg isn't selling good at all , do the band still get paid 

It's not a reunion tour anymore ,the reunion was 7 years ago but what it is , is an amazing show , the band on fire in Europe , new classics in setlist 

Maybe it's the cost of living crisis or just not going back to see a similiar show for v high prices 

The band need new music or maybe just do arena tours in USA and stadium in Europe etc 

Guns n Roses members have made a fortune I'd presume since 2016 so no shame in doing arena tour in USA still be epic 

The gig in Charlotte is not doing that bad despite the high prices, but still, i believe the main problem is they've over saturated the US market while the novelty of the reunion has already wore off, things are not gonna change because you added 4 deepcuts ... Casuals don't care about new music but they've seen the same show many many many times 

There’s a lot of bands touring this summer, and even for the current cheapest GnR ticket I can see 2/3 bands for the same cash. I can see them in clubs and small venues and get a better experience. If I were to go it would be the 4th time since the reunion with mostly the same setlist and it would be the second time I’d seen AIC open for them in those 4 shows. It’s all a bit stale. When I compare that to seeing The BrianJonestown Massacre indoors or Maiden with a great sounding Bruce or a still Interesting and great sounding Pixies. GnR fall down the list pretty quick 

Maybe an arena tour might have been a better idea as opposed to a stadium tour. GnR and AIC will shift 18,000 tickets most likely but will they shift 50,000.

Their current pickle from a quick scan of upcoming shows is that they’ve sold *just over arena capacities in some places but not NEARLY enough to justify a stadium.

So they can’t move any of these shows otherwise many would be *sold out*. It’s fucking AWESOME that so many years into a stale reunion they can sell our arenas so I have no clue why they’d want to play to half/mostly empty stadiums.

I highly doubt any of them are aware of sales though but I have no doubt everyone around them is. Wonder if it’ll be an ego-check for anyone when they DO see all the undeniable empty seats all over the USA and Canada.

The smaller venues (arenas and large theatres) are all sold out. 

I’m 100% not paying for this tour though - our fam made that decision a few weeks back. If I get gifted a ticket I may go for like the first hour and split. Would love to hear BO and PTU as they are some of my gnr faves but I just refuse to spend this kind of money.

Theres nothing wrong with being an Arena Band boys - you’ll sound better too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beebee_head said:

United Kingdom arena tour would do well, particularly if different cities were visited.

Yep, the midlands has only had Download 2018 so far, and that's if folks dont mind a day at a festival.
Not to mention the north or Wales

If they were to do a UCAP Mk. II tour I'd be happy to pay the prices they're currently asking in the US to be seated half a mile away in a stadium to instead see them up close and personal in a club. The Atlantic City gig I went to in 2012 is one of my favourite concerts I've ever been to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amir said:

If they were to do a UCAP Mk. II tour I'd be happy to pay the prices they're currently asking in the US to be seated half a mile away in a stadium to instead see them up close and personal in a club. The Atlantic City gig I went to in 2012 is one of my favourite concerts I've ever been to.

Agreed.  

They're charging theatre prices for stadium shows.  

They can play how many hours they want, but the prices just reek of greed.  

Some might argue that it's the promoters who are setting ticket prices.  That is true.  However, prices are a reflection of up-front fees artists are charging promoters. The artist also gets a cut from VIP packages.  

I was fine with the money grab in 2016/2017 when fans were getting the (sort of) reunion show they've long wanted.  But prices this high seven years out?  It's just insulting.  GNR prices are in line with what Taylor Swift is charging and at least with her there have been new albums in the last few years and demand (sort of) justifies the prices.  Not to mention Swift is in her prime; GNR's prime was decades ago.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

1 minute ago, downzy said:

I was fine with the money grab in 2016/2017 when fans were getting the (sort of) reunion show they've long wanted.  But prices this high seven years out?  It's just insulting.  GNR prices are in line with what Taylor Swift is charging and at least with her there have been new albums in the last few years and demand (sort of) justifies the prices.  

Taylor also has trucks full of stage equipment etc. for an elaborate show. Was watching the 2009 rehearsal recently and remembered how much I liked the pyro & lightning that "revealed" Axl when ChiDem was an opener and the pyro/sparks for WTTJ, LALD, and NR, and the confetti for PC. The current show feels really anaemic for a stadium concert, especially after having seen Rammstein a few times this year.

A stripped-down stage setup wouldn't be so bad if they were playing smaller venues.

• Like 3