The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, drlaban said:

Are we sure Bumblefoot won't end up on CD2?

Just to be on the safe side.

At this point, highly unlikely. He wasn't on Absurd or Hard Skool. We will probably hear more of Bucket, as we did get bits of his playing on Absurd. In case anyone doesn't know, I'd love it if they keep a few Bucket and perhaps one or more Robin solos and other leads on the next album. Seeing how they only reworked half a dozen or so CD tunes, they gives me hope. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Whoaaa Dude, I didn't say I didn't agree with anything you said...my sigh if you like, is this...this is a forum for people to come and talk about hopes for the future...and while some objective criticism is healthy, there tends to be the same cake mixture of, excitement with belief that a certain thing will happen...when we pass that artificial deadline in our minds, you and others seem only too keen to swoop in and really hammer down the fact, that how could you?? How could you even expect anything different for X Y Z...well if we're only gonna be pessimistic and not believe anything can happen, why are we visiting here? Why are YOU even commenting...unless it feels good to tell people how they should think and how they'd be mad to have even hope, to think something could actually come out...and yes there's always a lot of strawclutching with this band...but be objectively fair (and I'm not bias either way) there has been plenty of legit signs that point to something coming (when is the question!?!) I still think there's a good chance and whether people wanna romanticise that and dream, what harm is that to YOU...its debate and discuss, no harm..stop making it personal...Active forum! Great! The true fact is, unless you're an Insider, you know no more than me or others how Axl will act in the future....the past may be indicative but he's a proven unpredictable character, so we have no idea really...

Let's just not attack folk for wanting to hope. Sometimes it's all we have with GNR...hope...

I don't want people to think i am attacking them, but I dont think it's pessimism. It's realism. We should form our opinion based on the facts. The facts are all there for us. We can dream, but people give dreams like they're a chance of happening. if we want to dream theres a new double album on the way, great. hypothesise over what could be, but too many people think this is a reality and then excuse Axl because of such dreams. That is when this thread or forum can become tough. I get it, this whole place is nice escapism from real life. But at the end of the day most of us want new music, and the only reason we don't get it is Axl. That debate never needs to happen again. GnR fans dont have new music because of Axl and nothing else is relevant to that particular convo

Edited by JimiRose

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

Did you ever stop to think, it could actually be a legal issue or a contractual issue preventing new music from being released by the band..

Oh god :facepalm: These people crawl out of the woodwork and say nonsense like this. Another made up reason for Axl to hide behind made up by a fan. This fanbase.... jheeeeze. A contractual issue preventing new music :lol: you just have to laugh sometimes. The irony that they've replied to my post mocking people who come up with outrageous untrue reasons, with an outrageous untrue reason. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I don't want people to think i am attacking them, but I dont think it's pessimism. It's realism. We should form our opinion based on the facts. The facts are all there for us. We can dream, but people give dreams like they're a chance of happening. if we want to dream theres a new double album on the way, great. hypothesise over what could be, but too many people think this is a reality and then excuse Axl because of such dreams. That is when this thread or forum can become tough. I get it, this whole place is nice escapism from real life. But at the end of the day most of us want new music, and the only reason we don't get it is Axl. That debate never needs to happen again. GnR fans dont have new music because of Axl and nothing else is relevant to that particular convo

Ok...well I'm actually interested, since you have particularly strong opinions, why you think Axl doesn't want to put out music, when it's ready (most likely) ? Why do you think ?

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Ok...well I'm actually interested, since you have particularly strong opinions, why you think Axl doesn't want to put out music, when it's ready (most likely) ? Why do you think ?

Now that I cannot give you an answer. Axl Rose is the reason there is not more music out by GnR. this is proven by every other band in the world, and every other member of GnR, and every producer axl ever worked with and even the record companies who have all said axl rose is the reason there's no new music. WHY Axl does this, i have no idea. maybe he thinks the songs are all average, maybe he is genuinely insane, maybe he just doesnt give a fuck about new music in any way anymore. only he can answer that. 

I mean it's all guess work but I can see this senario

"Yes we would love to put out your new music, please meet us next week so we can come up with a promotion campaign , video concepts ect" (Label people)

"Oh no I'm not promoting it"(Axl)

"Well come back to us when you are" (Label People)

"ahh nevermind then " (Axl)

58 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I mean it's all guess work but I can see this senario

"Yes we would love to put out your new music, please meet us next week so we can come up with a promotion campaign , video concepts ect" (Label people)

"Oh no I'm not promoting it"(Axl)

"Well come back to us when you are" (Label People)

"ahh nevermind then " (Axl)

“Ok, nevermind.”

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Now that I cannot give you an answer. Axl Rose is the reason there is not more music out by GnR. this is proven by every other band in the world, and every other member of GnR, and every producer axl ever worked with and even the record companies who have all said axl rose is the reason there's no new music. WHY Axl does this, i have no idea. maybe he thinks the songs are all average, maybe he is genuinely insane, maybe he just doesnt give a fuck about new music in any way anymore. only he can answer that. 

Well he seemed to really care pre CD...do you think that experience (somewhat of his own making) destroyed him in this avenue?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well he seemed to really care pre CD...do you think that experience (somewhat of his own making) destroyed him in this avenue?

No. he was still talking about releasing the new album in 2010, and allegedly 2015 pre reunion. He was giving quotes in 06 saying it's nearly ready, relx, we'll like a couple of songs etc. The album actually sold magnificently well that first week, and did pretty well across the globe that first month, considering it had zero music videos. zero slash, zero axl interviews, little to no radio play, barely any adverts on major radio or tv. And t had been delayed 9 years already by which time it's market and audience and lost interest. who was to blame? Axl rose. how can that experience hurt him? he caused it.

I'll give you two more ridiculous excuses. apparently the album couldnt be released because MLKs estate hadnt given permission to use the speech in madagascar. no they didnt, you just pay a fee if it even qualified due to amount of lines used. 

secondly, the better video. we were told it was because lars ulrich had to sign over rights to using his image in the video. turned out he did that almost immediately back in 2008 and they just never released the video. Axls personal experience of CD was him doing everything he possibly could to make that album fail and it still did pretty well. So if anything that should make him feel warm and think 'maybe i should release more stuff, i sabotage previous efforts and still do alright!'

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

There are a number of things that could be preventing the band from releasing anything. It's not as simple as writing lyrics and recording the music.

We don't even know if the band has a current record label deal nor who would finance the cost of new music being created and released. 

No record label is going to throw millions of dollars at this band to hole up in a recording studio for a year or more. The days of multi million dollar record label contracts ended when record sales declined.

If you take a step back and be open minded, you might see that the band are creating revenue from touring for a reason.. That reason could be to pay there own way and be independent and free taking control over there own music and how it's released.

Did you ever stop to think, it could actually be a legal issue or a contractual issue preventing new music from being released by the band..

The band doesn't need a record label, they have their own.  They also claim to have CD2 completely finished so no money needs to be spent on it.  Just put the album on Youtube to see if anybody is thrilled to hear a new album.

The band is also very rich so they can pay for their own recording studio.  Once again, they don't need a record label.  It takes very little courage to just put music out on the internet or on stage so people can hear it.  "Go ahead and sue me."  But Axl might start crying like a little sissy girl.  Maybe he self-identifies as a girl so the men have to do the real work.

4 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I don't think you can ban someone for giving their opinion. He is right, there is no new album. slash said it'd be something he'd like to do after this tour, but obviously that won't happen. You could say slash is lying. but the past 15 years have indicated he probably isnt. unless axl hybrids 5/6 CD songs and 5/6 reworked songs. But that's not going to happen either.

I can see both sides. 2020 intentions is obviously frustrated at people dreaming and taking everything so literally when facutally there is no new album. but at the same time you're all allowed to dream and write it here too. people shouldn't be turning on each other. they should be turning on Axl and TB. 

There is nothing wrong with the negative opinions and realism, It's just the attitude towards others and snarky demeanour which is the problem.

I would actually point out he's as optimistic as the rest of us anyways. He comes to a forum everyday, for a band where literally nothing happens for years, and checks the "new album thread" hoping to see if a new song or album is announced. 

Although, instead of engaging in discussion and managing expectations/disappointment in an adult manner like everyone else here, he will soley just complain ("the thread running hot", "being off topic" or "people being too optimistic") or attack other people. 

If he wants to chill out and enjoy this place with everyone, i really do invite him to do so. I'm sure without the frustration, he could probably be a decent guy and have some interesting points to deliver.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:39 AM, Nick85 said:

It’s absolutely incredible how this fucking band conjures new ways to be this fucking disappointing. 

They have absolutely no interest in releasing new music because they can sell tickets. They’ll just string you along just enough to get you through the door. Imagine if everyone just said nah no more tickets until we get more music but we still have people here insisting that they’re ok with seeing them butcher the classics we’ve loved. This is their exact marketing plan. 

• Like 1