The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

On 9/10/2023 at 11:17 AM, jamillos said:

300 pages since February, and we’ve gotten a single and a promise of another one. 
Doing the math, if we keep busy, we’ll have another one around April 2024 (as long as we achieve 600 pages), and a new album could arrive around the year 2033 or something, granted there’ll have been grandchildren of the original thread by then. 
Not a bad deal, I hope they’ll release some brain-implant 4D version as well. 
Idk I have a hangover, the math may be wrong. 

Well, we no longer have daily messages here in this thread. I guess many know they will get The General and then will just move on.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Well, we no longer have daily messages here in this thread. I guess many know they will get The General and then will just move on.

I firmly believe someone will come up with some rumour soon after. And a rumour these days means just a message like "insiders say Seven / Soul Monster is next" posted somewhere on Reddit. No evidence, links or anything. Oh we’ll always have something to talk about. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We already have the Atlas rumour, in single, EP and even F'N album variation....COVERED 💰

51 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I firmly believe someone will come up with some rumour soon after. And a rumour these days means just a message like "insiders say Seven / Soul Monster is next" posted somewhere on Reddit. No evidence, links or anything. Oh we’ll always have something to talk about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If Slash is to believed, we can expect to potentially get 1 or 2 more reworked ChiDem songs. If you think along the lines of some others here, then I guess you can still expect even more. I'm sticking to Slash's hard figures and expecting 0-2 more songs.

There is still possibly this song left to be released that we didn't recognize that was soundchecked last year. If it got so far as soundcheck it was probably very close to being considered for being released and also must have been finalized in the studio already before this

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If Slash is to believed, we can expect to potentially get 1 or 2 more reworked ChiDem songs. If you think along the lines of some others here, then I guess you can still expect even more. I'm sticking to Slash's hard figures and expecting 0-2 more songs.

How would you feel if it's more?

54 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

There is still possibly this song left to be released that we didn't recognize that was soundchecked last year. If it got so far as soundcheck it was probably very close to being considered for being released and also must have been finalized in the studio already before this

That soundcheck so sounded like Atlas with Slash playing that midi/synth intro on guitar now as it will probably be on the cut that releases (if and when) 

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

That soundcheck so sounded like Atlas with Slash playing that midi/synth intro on guitar now as it will probably be on the cut that releases (if and when) 

I think I agree with you about it being Atlas. Makes me hope there really is an EP coming later this year

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

It's not in the same key as Atlas, which means the vocals would have to be totally re-recorded if it was Atlas. It sounds more like Circus Maximus to me

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's not in the same key as Atlas, which means the vocals would have to be totally re-recorded if it was Atlas. It sounds more like Circus Maximus to me

Atlas may be completely different to what we've heard. 1999/2000 vocals Vs a song that was tinkered on right up to release of CD and just missed out. Does anyone really think that version of Atlas that just missed out is that Very early demo we have? Clearly not, as at the very least Bumblefoot is on it....vocals/style could of been updated. I take your point though....but I think we're often VERY cocksure about songs based on only the very easy demos we happened to have heard....

18 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Atlas may be completely different to what we've heard. 1999/2000 vocals Vs a song that was tinkered on right up to release of CD and just missed out. Does anyone really think that version of Atlas that just missed out is that Very early demo we have? Clearly not, as at the very least Bumblefoot is on it....vocals/style could of been updated. I take your point though....but I think we're often VERY cocksure about songs based on only the very easy demos we happened to have heard....

Here is another recording of it from a bit deeper in that thread

https://streamable.com/9u5mpk

Does that really sound like Atlas to you? I don't get it. To me it sounds like it could be a verse on The General or something (complete speculation lmao) it sounds sinister, not something that would be on Atlas, which has that happy same major key vibe as Catcher.

But it really could be anything, we sure aren't any closer to figuring it out now than we were a year before lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

To me it sounds literally nothing like Atlas.

Different key for starters.

29 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Here is another recording of it from a bit deeper in that thread

https://streamable.com/9u5mpk

Does that really sound like Atlas to you? I don't get it. To me it sounds like it could be a verse on The General or something (complete speculation lmao) it sounds sinister, not something that would be on Atlas, which has that happy same major key vibe as Catcher.

But it really could be anything, we sure aren't any closer to figuring it out now than we were a year before lol

There is convincing evidence that this was The General, no? Someone compared and overlayed it with the phone leak and it sounds very similar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There is convincing evidence that this was The General, no? Someone compared and overlayed it with the phone leak and it sounds very similar.

I don't recall that, if that was true I believe it would have been talked about in the The General thread wouldn't it? I didn't see it posted there once if this was clips from it

Surely there’s not an album coming. We’ve been drip fed Axl’s CD2 ‘big ones’… and they’ve all been standalone releases. Are people thinking they’re going to compile these and put out an album with hard skool, perhaps etc on it? Absurds been out for years. Makes no sense. The General is a B Side too perhaps, and Atlas Shrugged is getting the same treatment soon by all accounts. Why would they squander these tracks as standalone releases if they were intending to do an album?

an album of original NILT material still seems hugely unlikely because the fact still remains, Axl can’t sing like he used to. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Surely there’s not an album coming. We’ve been drip fed Axl’s CD2 ‘big ones’… and they’ve all been standalone releases. Are people thinking they’re going to compile these and put out an album with hard skool, perhaps etc on it? Absurds been out for years. Makes no sense. The General is a B Side too perhaps, and Atlas Shrugged is getting the same treatment soon by all accounts. Why would they squander these tracks as standalone releases if they were intending to do an album?

an album of original NILT material still seems hugely unlikely because the fact still remains, Axl can’t sing like he used to. 

He sounded bad in 2018 (or ever since 2016/17) and yet Rock the Rock was a nice typical Axl. All he has to do is create 3–4 new songs where he doesn’t even have to overstretch himself. Throw in another 6 CD2 leftovers (maybe including some of the current singles) with already existing vocals, and you have a 10-track new album and everyone is happy. Add something from the 90s and it’ll be perfect. 
It’s still doable. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

There are some similarities but I'm not sure. I like to believe it's something else lol.

9 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

How would you feel if it's more?

Obviously that would be cool. I'm not anti-new GnR music being released lol I just have very low expectations and for very good reason. But as far as new ChiDem goes, honestly the less the better, because I am not enjoying these Slash versions at all in comparison to the originals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Obviously that would be cool. I'm not anti-new GnR music being released lol I just have very low expectations and for very good reason. But as far as new ChiDem goes, honestly the less the better, because I am not enjoying these Slash versions at all in comparison to the originals.

I commend you in your honesty....I hope The General can change that for you....the happy point is though, we have the best of both worlds, if folk prefer those demos that they've had 3,4 years to be comfortable with or prefer those players, they have those....then we have some material with the current band for those that want that. Truth be told, how often, If ever, do we end up liking a remix or alt. cut better than a song we initial love based on its original form? Rare. As the mind has already taken up a loyalty for that sound....