The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

16 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

We have pretty much confirmations that they only worked on 5-6 songs. I wouldn’t hold hope high for more at this point.

at first, Slash said they've reworked "a lot" of tunes, but then he wasn't sure about how many tunes he worked on. I'm  assuming they've worked on 5-6 tunes, but what's stopping them from reworking more tunes? from the Chinese era or even before that? (other than Axl not being interested which we don't know the status of his current levels of motivation)

there's no shortage of ideas to work on according to Duff, there's the option to work on new material as well, and there is plenty of time to make a final record.

we have no idea what exactly Axl wants to do, so saying they're going to release just 1 or 2 songs and that's it seems short sighted. Gn'R is not over yet. they have years to make shit happen.

if Axl cares about the legacy of Gn'R and he believes the catalog should be extended, there is still a good chance we'll eventually get more than just a few tunes imo.

Slash said at the end of 2022, that they'll do one more US Summer 2023 tour, then focus on writing/recording a new GN’R album. Well, that’s come and gone, with nothing further said or confirmed, and now both Slash and Duff are busy doing their solo stuff well into 2024, with talk of another SMKC album late this year or for 2025.

They can keep stringing us along, but we’re probably never getting a new GN’R album.

Even though it’s a covers album, seeing how easy and professionally Slash is able to promote and actually release an album, just proves how stupid it makes GN’R look, all things considered… :D

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, The Matinator said:

The "things have happened and things will happen" quote makes me think the plan to compile all the single releases into an album might still be a thing.

Sounded more to me like utter nonsense

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

:lol::lol::lol:

I don’t know. What stopped them from releasing more albums?

I think they're a little bit older and wiser now. Slash and Duff don't push Axl anymore to do anything, just there to help him out if/when he wants to rework/create/release more material.

there seems to be an understanding between them and no pressure on Axl to meet any deadlines. that could lead even years from now, to an eventual release of a full album, or at least more single releases of old material since reworking a song with existing parts doesn't seem like a difficult task for Slash and Duff to do, and they seem willing to wait for Axl to do it in his own time.

given the fact Axl and Gn'R almost don't share any detailed information, I choose to not jump to conclusions about what we'll get, if we get it in the near and distant future. the name of the game here is time.

as far as we know, Axl views touring as work and working on Chinese for years could mean he prefers to take even more time between studio projects, especially if it's a Gn'R thing.

it's just my take on it, I am more on the optimistic side of a Gn'R fan and shit like the Perhaps music video and the release of the singles makes me think we could get more original cool shit from Gn'R but if it happens, it will involve waiting for it as always.

Edited by Rovim

We know that some new stuff has been written. Duff has even mentioned one song he has written by name. There's also what Tom Mayhue said, and, although anything not coming from the band members or people really close to the band should be taken with a big grain of salt, Sp1at's sources in the Slash camp. So there was likely more written before Duff's "Amen" song (which was written during the last leg of the 2023 tour).

Of course coming up with ideas and even making demos is very far away from Axl working on them and new music being recorded and released.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We know that some new stuff has been written. Duff has even mentioned one song he has written by name. There's also what Tom Mayhue said, and, although anything not coming from the band members or people really close to the band should be taken with a big grain of salt, Sp1at sources in the Slash camp. So there was likely more written before tDuff's "Amen" song (which was written during the last leg of the 2023 tour).

Of course coming up with ideas and even making demos is very far away from Axl working on them and new music being recorded and released.

yeah the song Duff mentioned he wrote is only a potential Gn'R tune. Bumble also thought his song ideas could make good Gn'R tunes even if he clearly didn't have the same status as Duff.

Slash has his Gn'R riffs ideas and there are some rumors by people you've mentioned.

all comes down to what Axl wants to do, and how long it would take, but Axl doesn't seem like a guy who likes to do many things at once and he toured for a long time with the NITL lineup.

Slash and Duff doing their own thing does make it feel like maybe Axl is on a break, but I think that how jaded Axl made a lot of Gn'R fans feel has made it seem like it most likely would never happen when it comes to more than just a few more old Chinese tunes, and that's not really how I look at it, just that it's all still on Axl time.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't expect anything more than a vague answer, but it was less vague than I would have thought.

I think that's as vague as ever! 

It's funny though as if the answer to the question is "nothing is happening" then how soon do we get that answer?! 

The wait for nothing is always infinite! 

Edited by allwaystired

Just now, allwaystired said:

It's funny though as if the answer to the question is "nothing is happening" then how soon do we get that answer?! 

I guess "soon enough" is in this lifetime for most here, unless you get hit by a train or something

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I think that's as vague as ever! 

The wait for nothing is always infinite! 

It's not as vague as ever compared to how Duff has answered this kind of questions before, e.g. "But the fun part and the cool part about Guns N' Roses is we don't really talk about it, and what happens next just happens. It's never been that band that there's a direct schedule of how we do things.", "It's the logical thing to do", "(paraphrasing) In typical GN'R fashion I'll keep the mystique, when it happens, it happens", etc.

Obviously the answer is not "nothing is happening", since Duff said "there's things that have happened and more things to happen."

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Obviously the answer is not "nothing is happening", since Duff said "there's things that have happened and more things to happen."

sure, it's obvious that the answer is not that, but that particular poster likes to spin shit in a negative way on pretty much every chance he gets, often ignoring what was actually said. (no offense @allwaystired, I've just noticed you doing this shit for years now)

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

It's not as vague as ever compared to how Duff has answered this kind of questions before, e.g. "But the fun part and the cool part about Guns N' Roses is we don't really talk about it, and what happens next just happens. It's never been that band that there's a direct schedule of how we do things.", "It's the logical thing to do", "(paraphrasing) In typical GN'R fashion I'll keep the mystique, when it happens, it happens", etc.

I mean, time is going to tell, but it hardly seems to be systems go on a new album does it? 

I don't know- we just hear comments of this type year after year, and this doesn't seem any different to me.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

sure, it's obvious that the answer is not that, but that particular poster likes to spin shit in a negative way on pretty much every chance he gets, often ignoring what was actually said. (no offense @allwaystired, I've just noticed you doing this shit for years now)

Sure. 

I'll happily continue to pay zero credence to vague comments about a new album until it actually happens. 

Others are more than welcome to get excited by these sorts of comments, as they have been since 2008.

Cynicism is the only rational way to handle vague mentions of a new album, alongside waiting/hoping to be proved wrong.

I'm not sure there's been any 'negative spin' needed in the past 16 years. There hasn't been a new album and it's highly possible there won't be one in the next 16. 

Good luck to you though if you think this means a new album is imminent. 

Edited by allwaystired

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sure. 

I'll happily continue to pay zero credence to vague comments about a new album until it actually happens. 

Others are more than welcome to get excited by these sorts of comments, as they have been since 2008.

Cynicism is the only rational way to handle vague mentions of a new album, alongside waiting/hoping to be proved wrong.

I'm not sure there's been any 'negative spin' needed in th blast 16 years. There hasn't been a new album and it's highly possible there won't be one in the next 16. 

Good luck to you though if you think this means a new album is imminent. 

another very good example of what I was talking about... where in any of my posts did I say that I think a new album is imminent? you've made this exact same comment in the past.

and no, cynicism is not the only way to "handle" or to cope with Axl rarely releasing Gn'R music. that's ridiculous. 

why would Duff say that we'll get the answer to the question of the release of more material if he knew in absolute certainty that nothing was coming? it makes no sense.

I'd say that lowering your expectations and taking everything with a grain of salt is a good approach without making this shit a big deal. at least it's better compared to whatever you're doing which involves ignoring what people are actually posting, including myself, but you do you thing, I was hoping you'll see what I was talking about and maybe take the shitposting down a notch. sometimes it seems that even attempting to be objective is not something you're interested in. just blaming Axl for being himself and not accepting Gn'R for what it is. (not a prolific band)

good luck to you in your search of self awareness and have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

It's amazing how people here will measure the level of vagueness of comments regarding new music, as if there's some answer to this mystery we dont already have. Everything is happening exactly as Slash said it would. We are due one more batch of ChiDem leftovers, whether it's one or two more songs. They released the first batch during the '21 Tour, and then the second batch during the '23 tour. There's obviously a formula being followed here. The next US leg of a GnR tour will most likely be in '25 and we will see the next (and most likely final) one or two ChiDem leftovers released. We'll continue to get these "vague" comments from Slash and Duff regarding NEW music, all the while never having ANYTHING materialize. Keep holding on to Mayhue's AFD Part 2 comments though lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

another very good example of what I was talking about... where in any of my posts did I say that I think a new album is imminent? you've made this exact same comment in the past.

and no, cynicism is not the only way to "handle" or to cope with Axl rarely releasing Gn'R music. that's ridiculous. 

why would Duff say that we'll get the answer to the question of the release of more material if he knew in absolute certainty that nothing was coming? it makes no sense.

I'd say that lowering your expectations and taking everything with a grain of salt is a good approach without making this shit a big deal. at least it's better compared to whatever you're doing which involves ignoring what people are actually posting, including myself, but you do you thing, I was hoping you'll see what I was talking about and maybe take the shitposting down a notch. sometimes it seems that even attempting to be objective is not something you're interested in. just blaming Axl for being himself and not accepting Gn'R for what it is. (not a prolific band)

good luck to you in your search of self awareness and have a wonderful day.

Can't be bothered to read all that. 

Block me if my posts bother you. 

Enjoy the new album. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I mean, time is going to tell, but it hardly seems to be systems go on a new album does it? 

I don't know- we just hear comments of this type year after year, and this doesn't seem any different to me.

I have explained my reasoning a little above on this page:

In other words, the fact that Duff's recent answers are less vague than before (he has even mentioned a song by name) means that there's something a bit more concrete compared to before. However, that doesn't mean that it will materialize - it's still too far from that.

Just now, Blackstar said:

I have explained my reasoning a little above on this page:

In other words, the fact that Duff's recent answers are less vague than before (he has even mentioned a song by name) means that there's something a bit more concrete compared to before. However, that doesn't mean that it will materialize - it's still too far from that.

What was the title he mentioned? I must have totally missed that......

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Can't be bothered to read all that. 

Block me if my posts bother you. 

Enjoy the new album. 

the post you make when you've got nothing. what new album? no idea what you're talking about.