The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

3 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Fans can and will give their opinions on the quality of the music any time they feel like it. If that’s not relevant to a topic about a potential new album then there is no point in having this thread. 

As they should, everyone is allowed to give their opinion, but regarding the ''complaining'' bit, your opinion on these songs, which you have given before, is really not relevant to the argument.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

As they should, everyone is allowed to give their opinion, but regarding the ''complaining'' bit, your opinion on these songs, which you have given before, is really not relevant to the argument.

I disagree with you. The quality of the music is the most important part of a potential new album. And the need to constantly point out where one disagrees with someone is the point I am making here. And you have backed me in making that point by repeating your point again. Do you point out to those that like the music that it’s not relevant to the discussion or only when it suits you? Hypocrites are what they are 🤷🏻‍♂️

49 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Of course people are going to complain about 4 songs released in the 8 years since the semi reunion

No. Most people aren't. Besides, this discussion isn't about sharing one's opinion on new music. Of course we expect people to do that, whether it is positive or negative,, this discussion is about people who can't get over their disappointment with the band.

Edited by SoulMonster

2 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

I disagree with you. The quality of the music is the most important part of a potential new album. And the need to constantly point out where one disagrees with someone is the point I am making here. And you have backed me in making that point by repeating your point again. Do you point out to those that like the music that it’s not relevant to the discussion or only when it suits you? Hypocrites are what they are 🤷🏻‍♂️

Be careful what you say. I only mean that I reacted to your bit about not having to accept how the band operates. In that argument, your opinion about their new songs is not relevant.

Just now, DTV88 said:

🤣🤣🤣 You’re precious 

But most people aren't complaining about things they don't like. Encountering things you don't like is part of life, it is part of the human condition. Most people take that on their chins. They have learnt since childhood that whining gets you nowhere. They have learnt to focus on the positives and not the negatives that can't be controlled or affected by complaining. It is purely a coping mechanism for misadjusted people who can't deal with their emotions more constructively. 

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Be careful what you say. I only mean that I reacted to your bit about not having to accept how the band operates. In that argument, your opinion about their new songs is not relevant.

Be careful what I say? Why? The clipping, pasted on guitar and bass parts, and lack of good lyrics make 3 of the 4 songs hard to listen to with good audio equipment 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

But most people aren't complaining about things they don't like. Encountering things you don't like is part of life, it is part of the human condition. Most people take that on their chins. They have learnt since childhood that whining gets you nowhere. They have learnt to focus on the positives and not the negatives that can't be controlled or affected by complaining. It is purely a coping mechanism for misadjusted people who can't deal with their emotions more constructively. 

And why do you feel the need to constantly push your opinions or feel the need to act like you are superior here? What does that say about you oh wise one?

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

And why do you feel the need to constantly push your opinions or feel the need to act like you are superior here? What does that say about you oh wise one?

I don't agree that I constantly push my opinions. I share my opinions now and then.

The majority doesn't whine and complain, I am no more superior than this majority. 

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

Be careful what I say? Why? The clipping, pasted on guitar and bass parts, and lack of good lyrics make 3 of the 4 songs hard to listen to with good audio equipment 

Huh? You're missing the point. I don't care what you think about the songs. Your post about not having to accept how this band operates is what I reacted to.

Now and then? Ok, more like any time anyone disagrees with @Rovimyou come in like a whirlwind to argue. We get it, you two feel that Axl and Guns are free to do whatever they want. And I agree with that. What I disagree with is your obvious need to argue with anyone that disagrees with you. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Now and then? Ok, more like any time anyone disagrees with @Rovimyou come in like a whirlwind to argue. We get it, you two feel that Axl and Guns are free to do whatever they want. And I agree with that. What I disagree with is your obvious need to argue with anyone that disagrees with you. 

I had no idea I tended to get involved whenever someone disagrees with @Rovim. That was a pattern I was not aware of. Pretty cool, though, I can live with that. 

And yes, Axl and Guns ARE free to do whatever they want. I wouldn't want the alternative where artists HAD to create and release music after some arbitrary schedule rather than when they felt ready. I am happy you agree with this.

If you don't like people arguing with you then maybe a public discussion board is not the place for you? This is kind of designed for discussions, even arguments. 

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I had no idea I tended to get involved whenever someone disagrees with @Rovim. That was a pattern I was not aware of. Pretty cool, though, I can live with that. 

And yes, Axl and Guns ARE free to do whatever they want. I wouldn't want the alternative where artists HAD to create and release music after some arbitrary schedule rather than when they felt ready. I am happy you agree with this.

If you don't like people arguing with you then maybe a public discussion board is not the place for you? This is kind of designed for discussions, even arguments. 

I like to point out the BS I read on here and will continue to do so. If someone can’t handle being called out for it, that’s not for me to worry or even care about. What I say should have no bearing on anyone other than perhaps giving a perspective different from what someone else sees or believes from their own perspective. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

first of all, Axl never said anything about a sequel that would be out when Geffen got tired of promoting the first album. no idea where you got that from.

second: have you noticed how Axl doesn't promise anything anymore when it comes to new material? won't even talk about it until after a release of a piece of music and even then, he doesn't go into detail. no release dates, but also not saying it will never happen. maybe he does this to avoid putting pressure on himself and to not get our hopes up.

I think Axl functions as a musician mainly for himself, not us. we can talk about respect until we're blue in the face, doesn't change the fact that Axl has the power and the means to live his life the way he wants to live it which seems to be without the pressure of a deadline when it comes to his music. that's Axl it seems.

tommorow is not promised to anyone sure, but the point here I think, that should Axl choose to release more music, there's a chance it would happen, still. maybe he'll just finish what he started with the Chinese era material, maybe eventually an album beyond that, or maybe nothing at all.

it's his choice cause it's not against the law to not be prolific and it's been long enough imo, for us to accept the situation for what it is: Axl is not a prolific musician and lives according to his own prefernces which include taking shit super slow. the sooner you accept it, the better and you can enjoy what we do have. At least Axl still seems open to sharing more Gn'R music with the rest of the world. it's not great, but it's better than nothing.

"There's been some concern.  That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album.  Au contraire, mon frére.  We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything.  So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks.  And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again.  By that time, I should be done with the third album.  So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls."

- Axl Rose, Docklands, August 26, 2002

No, he doesn't say things like this anymore, it's been over 20 years.  Saying things would mean explaining things and having to justify what he's said before.  So the band *could* play all those songs he's not considering putting out as singles, or they can play most of Appetite for Destruction.  Or they could do both, but instead they'll just stick with AfD.

In 2023, they finally got that "18 songs" Axl said we'd have in 2002, but we still don't have the "10 extra tracks."  They're still on Geffen so that's the "record company" that has to think this material has run its course before we'll get the second album.  By the time that happens, Axl will be done with the third album.

People who take responsibility for themselves have to justify their decisions.  People who think of themselves as "musicians" want people to hear their music.  Axl could post all the music he's made for the last 30 years on the internet right now for anybody who wants to hear it for free.

People who surround themselves with sycophants just hear how wonderful they are and how horrible "you" are and that's why everything's not perfect now.  A quick look at the lyrics to every song Axl has released for the last 30 years tells us where he stands on this.

• Like 1

Slash has released a video to promote his new album.  He just went and did it, didn't say it would come out in a week or so like Axl said on December 12, 2008.  Has that video *ever* been released?  "Soon is the word."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChrisW said:

Slash has released a video to promote his new album.  He just went and did it, didn't say it would come out in a week or so like Axl said on December 12, 2008.  Has that video *ever* been released?  "Soon is the word."

Shhhh, Axl is god and we’re all just suckers for wanting him to share his art. Be grateful for what you have! 
/sarcasm

But... But... How is Stephanie Seymour's son supposed to learn anything if Axl doesn't fully explain everything?  That's what he said he'd do, and it's her fault that he still hasn't gotten around to it.  And it's Slash's fault.  They're responsible for everything, not this "musician."

52 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I can't keep up with this thread, you guys are faster than my ability to read all of this. :lol:

Thankfully it's back on topic now, i.e. Season 20 of "X releases music and videos like a normal artist/band.. Why can't Axl/GN'R do just that?"

• Haha 3