The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

21 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

i thought that was when he introduced Hard Skool Seville 2022 or did he also do that with Absurd too?

Yes, that's correct. It was Hard Skool that he introduced as a "new song" he wrote "20 years ago".

About Absurd he said that the "pussy full of maggots" line was inspired by a Howard Stern Show "a long time ago".

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I'd expect a new version of OMG too if the well really is that dry. 

I mean, we know he was working on it and that there was a new version made pre-reunion, so it really wouldn't surprise me. We don't need it re released, though, in my opinion.

8 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I still find it strange people say Axl really cares about getting these songs out there. it's 2024 and of the 32 done in 2006, 18 have been released officially. considering nearly all of those songs came from the 98/99 sessions we're talking 26 years later. I mean, did he even expect to live this long? he's 62. and he still hasn't released them. That doesn't smack of someone that gives a damn about these songs. maybe he did between 98-2008. but he hasn't given a damn since. 

I think it's much more, those are the songs he's got and his vocals for the most part are still amazing on them and he cannot be arsed to go through the whole writing recording releasing process again, even with slash and duff. Plus he can't sing in his most famous register anymore. I don't blame a guy in his 50s and 60s for not giving a damn anymore, but it's the tease to the fans and the promise of so much more. 

The worst thing is idiots here will say 'Axl don't owe you a thing' - well actually he kind of does. If he says he has songs to release that GnR fans will like, and I buy tickets to his show and invest in his product and brand etc, then yes he does owe me. He owes me those songs. That's not entitled. that's literally the transaction between musician and fans. And if he doesn't want to do that anymore, that is fine, just tell us. The 16 years since CD has been cruel on fans. So to justify it, people make out he's tinkering away and trying to give us the absolute best product possible coz he doesnt want to let us down. Then releases the 4 worst mix and mastered songs in the bands entire catalogue! I actually like all 4 songs, but they are dreadfully produced and do not smack of anyone spending any quality or caring time on them. 

This is a strange post. I don't get your logic in buying tickets and owing you songs. When you buy tickets for a concert, the band or solo artist owes you a performance. They don't owe you new songs. This post reeks of entitlement. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I think it's much more, those are the songs he's got and his vocals for the most part are still amazing on them and he cannot be arsed to go through the whole writing recording releasing process again, even with slash and duff. Plus he can't sing in his most famous register anymore.

Been saying for years, this is one of the reasons a covers record would be cool.

Nobody here should still have any expectations that they'll get into a studio and record an actual new album. That's simply delusional when you look at how this band operates. But covers, that Axl doesn't have to write anything for and actually enjoys performing? It could be great. He could absolutely nail some Alice Cooper or Thin Lizzy songs, and of course Wichita or Marseilles... if people want fun, old school music from GNR, I think that's the only realistic option.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Draguns said:

This is a strange post. I don't get your logic in buying tickets and owing you songs. When you buy tickets for a concert, the band or solo artist owes you a performance. They don't owe you new songs. This post reeks of entitlement. 

No, not unless you take it out of the context and really strive not to be caught looking at things from the poster’s point of view for a split second. I mean, I definitely wouldn’t use the word "owe" in this context, especially not here, knowing what kind of reactions it will trigger... So yeah, this may be a bit unfortunate; however, if you try, I think you might see what he’s saying. 
And no matter how much apologetics will be produced here, the kinda disturbing fact remains that Axl’s released about 19 songs in the last 2 decades... and the last time these 3 guys put something new together was five US presidents ago, most of them with two terms. Think about it for a second. 
No, I don’t think Axl owes us anything. He just doesn’t, that I'm sure about. But I do get the... apathy. Not gonna use the word "frustration" here, as that would trigger a different bunch of we-never-sleepers with yet another batch of their repeated texts. 
So I get both sides, that’s my point I guess. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

No, not unless you take it out of the context and really strive not to be caught looking at things from the poster’s point of view for a split second. I mean, I definitely wouldn’t use the word "owe" in this context, especially not here, knowing what kind of reactions it will trigger... So yeah, this may be a bit unfortunate; however, if you try, I think you might see what he’s saying. 
And no matter how much apologetics will be produced here, the kinda disturbing fact remains that Axl’s released about 19 songs in the last 2 decades... and the last time these 3 guys put something new together was five US presidents ago, most of them with two terms. Think about it for a second. 
No, I don’t think Axl owes us anything. He just doesn’t, that I'm sure about. But I do get the... apathy. Not gonna use the word "frustration" here, as that would trigger a different bunch of we-never-sleepers with yet another batch of their repeated texts. 
So I get both sides, that’s my point I guess. 

As Stone Cold Steve Austin would say: What???

No matter the performer, the only obligation they have  to the customer that bought ticket(s) for a concert or show is to  perform at that place of venue. To say that an artist or band owes you new songs because you bought a ticket to a show, it's just ABSURD!!! The contract is the ticket for the performance. It's NOT a contract for new songs.  Wow!

The logic from here is really out there!!

Edited by Draguns
removed the Steve Austin link since it wasn't working.
  • Like 1

If they really wanted to get the CD2 stuff out, they should have done it between 2009 and the reunion. Post 2016, they should have kept CD2 (unreleased) in their back pocket, record an entirely new album of new material with some covers to make it easier/faster with the NITL lineup, then mix the two albums up (CD2 and NITL album) into a double album, each album having a combo of CD2 and actual new songs. They had unfinished and finished songs too (CD3) that NITL could have used. Would be a great way to transition from that era, to NITL. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If they really wanted to get the CD2 stuff out, they should have done it between 2009 and the reunion. Post 2016, they should have kept CD2 (unreleased) in their back pocket, record an entirely new album of new material with some covers to make it easier/faster with the NITL lineup, then mix the two albums up (CD2 and NITL album) into a double album, each album having a combo of CD2 and actual new songs. They had unfinished and finished songs too (CD3) that NITL could have used. Would be a great way to transition from that era, to NITL. 

Mixing re-recordings and new recordings would sound weird. They should've just released all these re-recorded songs as an EP in 2021, then do live or cover EP's for following tours if they wanted to.

But don't worry, only 4.5 more years until we totally get all the CD era songs in a box set. We just need to now believe even more.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

My post wasn’t meant to criticize you or your post. It should back up your opinion. It’s one thing to say Axl has a different sense of time and to say that he doesn’t know that years went by.

oh I didn't think you were and even if you did, that would have been fine

6 hours ago, Draguns said:

No matter the performer, the only obligation they have  to the customer that bought ticket(s) for a concert or show is to  perform at that place of venue. To say that an artist or band owes you new songs because you bought a ticket to a show, it's just ABSURD!!! The contract is the ticket for the performance. It's NOT a contract for new songs.  Wow!

Way to completely ignore what I said and just repeat your mantra, congrats. God forbid you'd try for a real dialogue here, i.e. trying to understand what and why the others are actually saying, which could lead to mutual enrichment and is one of the reasons people communicate. It's called a dialogue. Some people mistake this for two monologues being spat at each other, but no, that's not the same thing.

Over and out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

He owes you songs because you bought tickets to live shows or merch or whatever? Are you on crack? :lol:

No, he owes me songs because he is the 'artist' and i am the fan. That is literally the deal. Especially when he tells us he has all these songs and he wants to release them. You may like being a cuck to Axl and perhaps abuse and bdsm is your bag, that's cool, each to their own. But to others we expect something in return for our investment. Like pretty much every other band-fan interaction/transaction. 

20 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I think he did. I surely expect to live that long. It's also possible that he doesn't really think about death much. I mean the songs are probably going to be released posthumously anyway, even if he dies. So his death doesn't really have all that much to do with whether or not the songs will be released.

That he is a slow songwriter? Would you be satisfied if he said that?

The way Axl lived in the 80s and 90s it is not a stretch to assume a man of his lifestyle wouldn't make it to 60+. Obv I am glad he has, and to an even more miraculous extent, slash. No I do not think he is a slow songwriter. These songs weren't written slowly. Actually the amount they wrote, then recorded in that initial period was pretty rapid. It was the releasing that is slow or non existent. Stop finding excuses for him.

RE writing new stuff. It is not so much speculation as using all evidence we have and historical fact, and coming to a calculated and reasonable assumption. I am not throwing out wild guesses here. We have quotes from most musicians he's worked with the man himself in 2016, and the evidence of what has been released. Sure there's a chance I am wrong, in the same way there is a chance that one of us will join GnR as a nu member. 

I'd like to know your definition of caring? 26 years of having and not releasing these songs does not indicate caring - blackstar says he purchased the rights to the masters. Again does not mean he gives a damn, most likely given his personality it's a control thing or a 'You can't have them, even though i don't want them, i'd rather I have them for nothing than you have them for something' classic axl. I can't prove a negative. Just like you cannot prove he does care. We can all use the evidence before us and come to an informed decision that dictates our opinion. All evidence I have seen tells me he doesnt care. He did once, but no longer. Axl is like a controlling jealous husband not letting his wife go, not because he still loves her, but because he wants no one else to have her. Time to let go Ax. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Draguns said:

You're taking it too literally. No I do not believe if I buy tickets to a particular show I am owed anything other than a great performance. Soul Monster would love to paint it that way to make his axlsucking less cringe. What I am 'Owed' 'Entitled to' etc however you want to frame it, is a return on my investment in the band. Why am I? Because I buy the merch, follow the socials, buy the gig tickets, listen to the songs etc... to some degree, but more so because of the promise and constant tease of more. Axl has told us there will be 2 to 3 albums from CD. We have had 1. He never came out and said there wouldnt be any more. In fact he doubled down in 2016 again and said he wants to carry on and get all those songs out. All the members tease more songs, an album etc. They never deliver. It's not 'entitlement' it's simply asking for what we were promised. 

Most of you live in some weird delusional reality where to excuse Axls horrendous release record and lies to us, you say 'Oh he lives on a different timeline to the rest of the world' or 'His clock runs differently' As Stone Cold would say... WHAT?? Axl lives in the same time as us, 365 days a year, 24 hours in a day! Hes been on time for gigs for 10 years straight now! When he was running out of cash, he found the time to quickly play for russian oligarchs and arab oil barons didnt he!? So please stop using this stupid excuse like he's from another dimension to the rest of humanity. The excuses people make on his behalf... record companies, timezones, slash, managers, bipolar, fucking lars ulrich :lol: He is letting down his fans. And that is what I do not find acceptable. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rindmelon said:

If they do they should push Monsters over Atlas. Monsters should be an A side. That's if we get it

Atlas shouldn’t get released at all. I really hope there is better material in the vault. Oklahoma sounded the most interesting out of the instrumentals I’ve heard.

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

You're taking it too literally. No I do not believe if I buy tickets to a particular show I am owed anything other than a great performance. Soul Monster would love to paint it that way to make his axlsucking less cringe. What I am 'Owed' 'Entitled to' etc however you want to frame it, is a return on my investment in the band. Why am I? Because I buy the merch, follow the socials, buy the gig tickets, listen to the songs etc... to some degree, but more so because of the promise and constant tease of more. Axl has told us there will be 2 to 3 albums from CD. We have had 1. He never came out and said there wouldnt be any more. In fact he doubled down in 2016 again and said he wants to carry on and get all those songs out. All the members tease more songs, an album etc. They never deliver. It's not 'entitlement' it's simply asking for what we were promised. 

Most of you live in some weird delusional reality where to excuse Axls horrendous release record and lies to us, you say 'Oh he lives on a different timeline to the rest of the world' or 'His clock runs differently' As Stone Cold would say... WHAT?? Axl lives in the same time as us, 365 days a year, 24 hours in a day! Hes been on time for gigs for 10 years straight now! When he was running out of cash, he found the time to quickly play for russian oligarchs and arab oil barons didnt he!? So please stop using this stupid excuse like he's from another dimension to the rest of humanity. The excuses people make on his behalf... record companies, timezones, slash, managers, bipolar, fucking lars ulrich :lol: He is letting down his fans. And that is what I do not find acceptable. 

if a person has been acting a certain way for 30 years, would you bet on them to dramatically change their ways or accept that this is probably, for whatever reason, how they choose to be/are? I don't think Axl is ever going to be prolific so what's the sensible thing to do here if not to accept it for what it is and lower your expectations?

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Way to completely ignore what I said and just repeat your mantra, congrats. God forbid you'd try for a real dialogue here, i.e. trying to understand what and why the others are actually saying, which could lead to mutual enrichment and is one of the reasons people communicate. It's called a dialogue. Some people mistake this for two monologues being spat at each other, but no, that's not the same thing.

Over and out.

This is exactly why I had blocked you a long time ago. You are trying to make an argument when you really don't have any ground.  I heard exactly what you said. You were trying to equate new music with buying a ticket for a concert. The two  are totally separate.  Additionally, you were using the ticket  sales argument with saying that apologetics was produced. If anything, you didn't listen to what I was saying. In a backhanded way, you were trying to say that I was defending  Axl and not releasing new music.

I get the frustration of  not getting new music. I am disappointed as well. It is what it is though. If new music gets released then that that is great. If not then I'll just listen to songs by GNR and the solo efforts.  It is what it is.   With that being said, buying tickets for a concert or show does not mean that I am owed new songs. That argument is  illogical to say the least. 

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Atlas shouldn’t get released at all. I really hope there is better material in the vault.

I heard Bumblefoot improved Atlas. So now it's a B-side instead of a discarded song. :P 

3 minutes ago, Draguns said:

This is exactly why I had blocked you a long time ago. You are trying to make an argument when you really don't have any ground.  I heard exactly what you said. You were trying to equate new music with buying a ticket for a concert. The two  are totally separate.  Additionally, you were using the ticket  sales argument with saying that apologetics was produced. If anything, you didn't listen to what I was saying. In a backhanded way, you were trying to say that I was defending  Axl and not releasing new music.

I get the frustration of  not getting new music. I am disappointed as well. It is what it is though. If new music gets released then that that is great. If not then I'll just listen to songs by GNR and the solo efforts.  It is what it is.   With that being said, buying tickets for a concert or show does not mean that I am owed new songs. That argument is  illogical to say the least. 

Why is why I literally said he doesn't owe us anything. You're confusing two different posters, mixing their posts together. Pay a bit more attention next time. ;) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Why is why I literally said he doesn't owe us anything. You're confusing two different posters, mixing their posts together. Pay a bit more attention next time. ;) 

Not confusing either one of you.  If you reread your post, you would see how you were contradicting yourself. On the one hand you were saying he doesn't owe the fans anything. On the other hand, you were using  the argument to say that Axl produced 19 songs.  It was a backhanded and sneaky way  to support Jim's argument. 

Anyway I have work to be done. Have a nice day!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Not confusing either one of you.  If you reread your post, you would see how you were contradicting yourself. On the one hand you were saying he doesn't owe the fans anything. On the other hand, you were using  the argument to say that Axl produced 19 songs.  It was a backhanded and sneaky way  to support Jim's argument. 

Anyway I have work to be done. Have a nice day!

I was supporting his argument openly, with the exception of the owing thing, pointing out that the dissatisfaction is understandable. Nevermind.

Edited by jamillos
  • Confused 2