10/11/23 - Phoenix, AZ - Talking Sticks Resort Amphitheatre

downzy

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Fair point, but just to add, some people base their ticket-buying decisions on how innovative/exciting the band (the playlist) is. Just saying. 
(Plus the fact they’ve been touring basically the same material for this long is their decision only. Nobody forced them to do that.)

I'll always say this for the 'same material' comment,  no offence BTW

They'll always play the big hits, Jungle, scom etc, but same set for 7 years? Perhaps, Hard Skool, Absurd, bad obsession, PTU, down on the farm, anything goes , they've nearly played all of Chinese, a few afd and illusion deep cuts...no black hole sun, which was great for a few shows, I do like the seeker but they've plenty of their own stuff too 

The setlist now is probably the best they've done over a tour, very happy what I saw in Glasgow and London 

4 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Anyone know if there’s a curfew? “Patience” after NR. Usually it’s saved for encore…

It was in that slot mostly in Europe this summer

10 minutes ago, DSTK said:

They'll always play the big hits, Jungle, scom etc, but same set for 7 years? Perhaps, Hard Skool, Absurd, bad obsession, PTU, down on the farm, anything goes , they've nearly played all of Chinese, a few afd and illusion deep cuts...no black hole sun, which was great for a few shows, I do like the seeker but they've plenty of their own stuff too 

The setlist now is probably the best they've done over a tour, very happy what I saw in Glasgow and London 

Got ya. This is feeling like a Maddy and/or Coma sort of night.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Yes yes, let’s not get into that old playlist debate; they’ve shaken things up recently (primarily perhaps to accommodate the selection to Axl’s current abilities – hence all the low-register songs), and yes, they’ve finally added some newer stuff, but a few 20-year old demos don’t change the fact they’ve been basically still doing NITL with alternations. Sure they’ll always play the big hits, but you can always take a look at how other bands do it – a few old tracks but mixed with a new album. We’re used to something completely different with GNR over the years, so we now think there’s like 10 to 15 songs that absolutely have to be played, and the rest may be filled with other stuff – while this is a complete nonsense. Maybe 5 songs. It’s all about new releases and their progressive incorporation. Which is a pickle in our case. 
Anyway, the point was that even if I’m not attending the show, the fact how they shake up the setlist over a tour leg affects directly whether or not I buy the ticket. Not to mention new music. 
As you were. 

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Mr. Brownstone, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Hard Skool, Pretty Tied Up, Live And Let Die, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, Double Talkin’ Jive, Reckless Life, Absurd, Perhaps, Rocket Queen, Down On The Farm, T.V. Eye, Anything Goes, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Patience, Wichita Lineman, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, Nightrain
Encore: People Get Ready/Coma, Madagascar, Don’t Cry, Paradise City

(HTGTH)

13 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

Usually Setlist FM gives a reliable source of what the setlist was. The General is marked on there. If it was or wasn’t played, should expect a surprise release tomorrow and live debut in Duff’s home town of Seattle??

Setlist is a reliable source after maybe a day or so but definitely not while the show is going on. They should ban those trolls. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

Usually Setlist FM gives a reliable source of what the setlist was. The General is marked on there. If it was or wasn’t played, should expect a surprise release tomorrow and live debut in Duff’s home town of Seattle??

Nope, anyone can edit it..same as Wikipedia 

25 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

It's just trolls unfortunately. The General wasn't played at all

23 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Na they'll be others I'm sure. 

The General debuting tonight? 

Lol, cheers guys, love having popular posts.... 

Best misstake I've made on this forum to date. 

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1