07/11/23 - Landgraaf, NL - Megaland

downzy

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

It sounds…interesting. He’s trying to figure out what to do with his voice. It’s an interesting approach. But it also bears the question how much longer is he going to be able to try and figure out what to do with his voice because he’s aware it’s not the same anymore.  

This Is an excellent example of good criticism. And Is welcome. This Is what most people do here, because in some way or the other we care....but come here and berate fans for have fun Is just weird and condescendent. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, matt1313 said:

Here we go.  Why do some Europeans (in this case, a German), always have to take shots at America?  Like we're a bunch of dumb idiots with no sense of culture, stuck in a bubble?  

I don't know, i've noticed specially after the pandemic that some europeans thought it was so edgy and cool to start an Anti American rant every single time they could, it was everywhere, it was like a weird 2020-2022 thing. I mean i get it, it sounds so dumb when some clueless teenager refers to their "trip to Europe" as if Europe was a single country. But that wasn't the case last page, when the user was just trying to bring up the idea that reviews may vary between southern/northern Europe. So, to come up with the classic "how dare these arrogant Americans refer to Italy as Southern Europeans, when are they gonna have a little bit of touch? fuck them!" lol i could never imagine a Colombian or Peruvian guy get so angry if someone calls them South Americans 🤣 F'n pathetic in my opinion... 

Edited by metalavenger99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Europe is like 17 countries lol. Of course every single country has it's own culture, when Americans say "European" it's very irritating to me because this is like over 10 countries that are completely different, but of course that's hard to grasp when you've never left the bubble that is the US.

17? Try 45 countries : /

• Like 3

4 hours ago, matt1313 said:

Here we go.  Why do some Europeans (in this case, a German), always have to take shots at America?  Like we're a bunch of dumb idiots with no sense of culture, stuck in a bubble?  Maybe this guy is upset because Germany is 0-2 in World Wars and in both instances, were dramatically on the wrong side of history to boot.  

Geez. You're kinda shooting yourself in the foot with that reasoning. I'm not a german, but since Austria had it's share there too, I can guarantee, that we absolutely do not identify with any of the world wars or what happened back then. Has nothing to do with us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, julian204 said:

My 2 cents on this show: it was absolutely amazing, this was the happiest / most excited I've felt this year :lol:. Love the energy these guys give off by just making music together.

Axl seemed in a good mood and sounded as good as can be expected imo. 

The band did start 45 minutes late. After 30 minutes of waiting we saw a helicopter fly past and I joked to my friend "oh there comes Axl". And then the helicopter made a turn above the venue and started dropping altitude and eventually landed on the side of the field :o. At least we got the proper 90's experience with them starting late I guess. 

I purposefully didn't check setlists from previous shows or check the forum since the start of the tour, cause I feel that not knowing what comes next adds to the experience. So I was very pleasantly surprised when I heard Bad Obsession, PTU, Anything Goes and especially DOTF (my favourite song off spaghetti incident, only recently discovered it since I'd never given that album a chance). I did miss Sorum's tight drumming and machine gun snaredrum sound though.

Only thing that bothered me was the slow tempo on the AFD songs. I know it's probably to give Axl some room to breathe, but WTTJ just sounded comically slow, almost as if I was listening to a rumba version of the song. You'd think they would be able to crank it up just a little. 

Also I miss the live McBob introductions.

All in all a great show. When they announced the Euro tour I kinda had my doubts whether I should go or not, but I'm very glad I went.

Did they stop Mcbob shortly after he got it wrong in Australia? Shame.

Interestingly my sister thought they started early, because the starting time on her ticket said 8PM, not 7. 

Loved the show which was a bit different again from Graspop. Sadly no TWAT, but I was happy with SOD and My Michelle. Too bad about no encore. I was still hoping for Don't Cry too 😁

I like that they're doing these band requests. Very nice segment of the show for us diehards, with some deepcuts and them shaking things up. Still wondering what else Frank requested, because Axl said he'd requested a few more things before Axl agreed on My Michelle.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

This is some of the most misguided nonsense I've seen in a while AND COMPLETELY unrelated to this show and GNR. 

I would love to get into specifics but it would derail this altogether, very, very tempting though😄

Admirable restraint! 

The World War comment suggests a deeply fevered mind......

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, chorrada said:

At some point axl said "I heard that". Does anybody know what he was referring to? Some inquiries from the crowd maybe?

Yeah, I was standing there, someone in the audience screamed ''stop eating tacos and take some singing lessons, you fucker''. Good response from Axl, the old Axl would have stormed off or something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, EvanG said:

Yeah, I was standing there, someone in the audience screamed ''stop eating tacos and take some singing lessons, you fucker''. Good response from Axl, the old Axl would have stormed off or something.

Ugh. I don't get why people are so mean. I was standing near some idiot yelling "fuck you" all the time.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

27 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Seriously? Wtf. What song was this during?