06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

Lot of people eating their words on social media that were expecting a shit show. 
The band did us proud and smashed the life out of their set. Todays a good day for being a Guns N’ Roses fan! 
….see ya in London….booooiiiiiiiiii! 

• Like 4

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

She had her sound cut off for being late apparently 

Serves her right! And after Fernando gave her a personal gnr jacket for the reunion! Little backstabber 😡

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

Well, the telegraph was mean about Axl and apparently the love between him and Lana del Rey is long gone too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/concerts/glastonbury-festival-2023-highlights-saturday-day-2/

Guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan still look the part of grizzled rockers who only function at night, but Axl Rose has not aged so stylishly, resembling a small-town hairdresser who has been working out too hard at the gym. The real problem was his singing, however. 

His voice used to have a shrieking Banshee power but it has become kind of lumpy, with a toneless falsetto and a honking low range, and he switches between these modes with little apparent logic. His vocals were mixed way too loud, when, let’s face it, what everyone wants to hear is Slash unleashing overloaded solos containing every note on the scale, often all at the same time. Guns N’ Roses are frankly too good to be bad, but the best-received song was their heavy-handed version of Paul McCartney’s Live and Let Die, which sounded rather better when the great man himself played it in 2022.

7 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I know we're all industry experts but will they have another show with this much coverage? If there was a new album coming, I'm guessing this would have been the show to announce it? I'm a music nerd so I know of Glastonbury and looking at their schedule,it doesn't seem they'll have a more high profile show than this anytime soon .

This would seem to have been the show to make that sort of statement, yeah......it just seems such a waste that it was so good but they didn't do that. 

I had a sense that a reason for the clearly apparent additional work that Axl had put into preparing for the current tour was to be at his best for tonight’s show. So glad it paid off with such a tremendous performance in a concert so good that even TB could not find a way to fuck things up. Loved all the action here as well. Thanks to all!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

"The veteran LA heavy rockers had a lot to prove, particularly after Lana Del Rey (simultaneously performing her own rather more chilled-out set on Glastonbury’s Other Stage) had dismissed them as “pale, male and stale.” "

Frank? Melissa? What a bitter bitch

Lana Del Rey was slagging them? I thought she was a fan? Weird. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Wow.. I just watched some of Nightrain, LALD and KOHD..  TIS is what we were waiting for .. There is our DVD right there.. Fuck those half assed stupid selects.. These clips captured teh energy of the live shows. The perfect mix of band and crowd footage and audio. This was as raw as it gets too. Imagine if they had a little time to remix it?  The Stones released a Blu Ray of their Glastonbury show.. Guns should too. 

A live album of Glastonbury with an EPs worth of new studio songs included would be great as well.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

"The veteran LA heavy rockers had a lot to prove, particularly after Lana Del Rey (simultaneously performing her own rather more chilled-out set on Glastonbury’s Other Stage) had dismissed them as “pale, male and stale.” "

Frank? Melissa? What a bitter bitch

Don't get me twisted I'm all for equality gender, sexuality etc but you can't bash toxic masculinity whilst being a toxic female. Not sure what spurred the current wave of everything that was is now the problem but my god it's growing old fast, just be better and get more kudos

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Wow.. I just watched some of Nightrain, LALD and KOHD..  TIS is what we were waiting for .. There is our DVD right there.. Fuck those half assed stupid selects.. These clips captured teh energy of the live shows. The perfect mix of band and crowd footage and audio. This was as raw as it gets too. Imagine if they had a little time to remix it?  The Stones released a Blu Ray of their Glastonbury show.. Guns should too. 

The mix was good, just weird with axl's voice dropping out from time to time. Duff solo sounded great, so maybe his mic had issues? Either way, nothing you can't fix in post. He performed tonight like he would want to release that....band were great! No Axl Rose disaster 4...it's been averted! yeiiiii boiiiiiiiiii

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

Great quote from presenters saying they knew someone who was a 'massive' GNR fan who played them a song they'd never heard called Estranged and they were all shocked they'd played it tonight. 

Fucking hell. It's on the bloody Greatest Hits and they've played it every night for decades! 

'Massive fan'. Sure. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

i left a stream on for bbc 2, and after guns n roses, there appears to be a singing shirtless woman. cool!

It’s not half bad too.  Who is that?

And now she’s humping the stage. 

That's the bar for Axl now. How can you tell? Every time he usually goes full mickey, tnight he added a hint of rasp. That was him pulling out his best and it was great. I don't think this forum can argue anymore. I dont think there will be a better Axl performance from here. 

That was fantastic. 

Mix was shocking, they pulled it together from Heavens Door but they really struggled with Guns. Surprising cos BBC are usually bang on. Maybe shows how hard Guns are to get right live.

I LOVED that performance. They showed the best of themselves right now. They could have changed their set to work better for a festival but as a fan, that was superb. 

Guns n' Fucking Roses!!

• Like 1

I thought KOHD was the best song of the night. Everyone sounded good. There was a great image of Axl with what looked like Angel wings behind him too.

I watched on BBC. The sound wasn’t great for the vocals. I was skeptical because Axl’s lower register was coming through fine.