06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

Not to contradict anyone, but the line some have said about Axl's weaker high end voice being the issue not coming through the mic - it doesn't explain why you can't hear him at the start of It's So Easy. You also can't hear McBob for the intro. And Duff's bass.

Clearly his higher vocal isn't as strong and doesn't cut through as easily but seems to me there was an issue with the mic/sound desk as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Irish Rose said:

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but did Duff look a little “out of it” on stage? He looked dazed.

Also, Slash was drooling during a couple of songs! 

Yes....I thought Slash was concentrating hard but Duff looked quite stone faced...almost over-aw'd  a little...you could say at the magnitude. He only seemed to totally relax during PC with Davey Grohl. 

8 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Not to contradict anyone, but the line some have said about Axl's weaker high end voice being the issue not coming through the mic - it doesn't explain why you can't hear him at the start of It's So Easy. You also can't hear McBob for the intro. And Duff's bass.

Clearly his higher vocal isn't as strong and doesn't cut through as easily but seems to me there was an issue with the mic/sound desk as well.

But not if you were there apparently. Check audience recording. TV mix different to FOH...right?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Irish Rose said:

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but did Duff look a little “out of it” on stage? He looked dazed.

Also, Slash was drooling during a couple of songs! 

I commented briefly on this last night. He only seemed to perk up when Dave appeared. Maybe that was just relief they'd reached the end of the set without major problems. The other band members seeming subdued might just be the result of a high stress moment.

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

I commented briefly on this last night. He only seemed to perk up when Dave appeared. Maybe that was just relief they'd reached the end of the set without major problems. The other band members seeming subdued might just be the result of a high stress moment.

We just said the same thing re: Dave appearance. Yes...imagine the others sans Axl keep up with social media and what's being said...it was written all over their faces at moments. No need! You guys nailed it, pretty much. You can understand the stress of this "just another gig" though 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yes....I thought Slash was concentrating hard but Duff looked quite stone faced...almost over-aw'd  a little...you could say at the magnitude. He only seemed to totally relax during PC with Davey Grohl. 

But not if you were there apparently. Check audience recording. TV mix different to FOH...right?

Yeah that's right. To be fair it's probably not a bad thing TV wasn't too high at times. It probably saved a few tough vocal moments.

Re-watching it now on TV and don't think last night was a few beers and an exaggeration, really was a great performance!

14 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Yea I noticed that too.

I think they all knew how important that was last night- Melissa seemed a bit off aswell and couldn’t really hear her vocals which was a shame ‘cause she’s got a great voice that compliments Axls.

anyhoo, I’m watching again with more beers.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

That’s It. His voice is still powerfull live 

1 minute ago, stezmacc said:

Just rewatching from last night and is it me or does Richard seem really pissed off lately like he’d rather been anywhere other than on stage.

I thought Richard was showing the most relaxed enthusiasm bar Axl. Guess we all perceive things differently. :lol:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stezmacc said:

Just rewatching from last night and is it me or does Richard seem really pissed off lately like he’d rather been anywhere other than on stage.

Right. Because making the money of his life, not having to worry about a thing, basically being on paid vacation and playing to the biggest crowds in his life is hell. Geez. The things you interpret in whatever you see. Also they hold him hostage and he can't opt out any time that all becomes too hellish for him.

• Like 1

The Paradise City vid was, overall, well shot and looked cool. Axl's vocals were a bit too low in the mix (perhaps intentionally). I don't like how he sings over Slash's initial solo in the beginning 

Edited by Tyson

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. Because making the money of his life, not having to worry about a thing, basically being on paid vacation and playing to the biggest crowds in his life is hell. Geez. The things you interpret in whatever you see. Also they hold him hostage and he can't opt out any time that all becomes too hellish for him.

Jesus just an observation…u ok hun?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

Hilarious that Lana Del Ray was late and got her set pulled 🤣

Did she say something negative about GN’R? I thought she was a fan. 
It was on a night out with Axl he said “not in this lifetime” wasn’t it?

Even more hilarious that another act Rina Sawayama was also over 30 minutes late....strange since you have such narrow slots at festivals. Snooze you loose. No critical articles about those woman disrespecting the audience, to wash their hair, etc. I mean they could of just repurposed their ready to go guns timing issues ones...but nah, free pass! Because the rule is, you bring the old chesnut back at all costs....the greatest hits even exist in journalism folks! 

Lana going and talking to the fan and the mass sing-along of "Video Games" was the best tribute to Axl and DJ circa Reading 2010! How the times have changed....😆

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1