06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

Was well nervous this time last night...can actually just relax and enjoy Eltons set tonight...his band are top notch (as expect) musicians, so worth it for them! Whatever we were feeling, imagine being a diehard EJ fan right about now...followed him for 50 years or whatever and tonight is his last official UK gig...it just occurred to me, one day that'll be the same for GUNS and if we take Eltons trajectory, in about a decade and half (probs less) I wonder what/where there final gig would take place....

• Like 1

At last Axl became lighter, more animated, simple fitting rock clothes, rock attitude, communicating with the crowd, reminding the 90s Axl . At last a reunion gig where Axl is not as noticeable the weakest link of the 3....I don't care that much for the voice performance & michy mouse parts. The stage present is what matters to me the most, an Axl who is engaged giving it all. Thank you Axl for finally giving two shits and performing to a level on par with the Guns n Roses history and legacy...I missed that energy since 2006 and now you have both Slash & Duff as well, creating magic on stage. So grateful to watch that performancerock3

Edited by GNROSAS

idk what the fuck some of you are listening to and what drugs you're on while doing so, but most of the time Axl sounds like he's on helium and there's a huge metal spike being shoved up his bottom. Good Lord it's awful! 

Edited by username
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, username said:

idk what the fuck some of you are listening to and what druges you're on while doing so, but most of the time Axl sounds like he's on helium and there's a huge metal spike being shoved up his bottom. Good Lord it's awful! 

His high voice can be shoddy, it's mainly that it's been backed with showmanship, energy and the moments that don't fit into 'most' are the last great front man growling like the banshee he's known as. Also our favourite band played one of the biggest festivals on TV and it went down well with the masses, would call it a win and wait for a shit show at Glasgow personally 

Edited by beardedranga

9 minutes ago, username said:

idk what the fuck some of you are listening to and what drugs you're on while doing so, but most of the time Axl sounds like he's on helium and there's a huge metal spike being shoved up his bottom. Good Lord it's awful! 

well said. cheers mate.

2 minutes ago, beardedranga said:

Pics or it didn't happen 

What is it, a UFO sighting? the guy just saw Axl Rose :-))))

38 minutes ago, GNROSAS said:

At last Axl became lighter, more animated, simple fitting rock clothes, rock attitude, communicating with the crowd, reminding the 90s Axl . At last a reunion gig where Axl is not as noticeable the weakest link of the 3....I don't care that much for the voice performance & michy mouse parts. The stage present is what matters to me the most, an Axl who is engaged giving it all. Thank you Axl for finally giving two shits and performing to a level on par with the Guns n Roses history and legacy...I missed that energy since 2006 and now you have both Slash & Duff as well, creating magic on stage. So grateful to watch that performancerock3

On point. 

PS. Thanks for the bootleg times. Good Ol DVD times!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, username said:

It was better than expected, but yea he still sounded weak for a lot of the show. I see a lot of complaints about his mic "dropping in and out" but the mix on songs like Rocket Queen did him a lot of favours last night.

I'll still be able to make a decent Live EP from this broadcast though, and the general public didn't consider it a disaster, so it's about as good as it gets for 2023 GNR...

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Doing his best song now. No Axl though....still someone saved my life tonight is a magical tune...about Elton going down the aisle to the wrong gender!

I'm sure Axl has played bits of it as an intro to NR in the past.

• Like 1