The 3 question Data collection thread

4 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

He has pure raw talent that you cannot learn. How can you not see that? 
He was 19-20 when he recorded Appetite. Look how melodic the solo is on SCOM? Look at the feel and musicality of Estranged a bit later.. He was a natural musical talent. IF practice produced guitar players like Slash we’d have thousands. Learning to play Slash’s solos is one thing, writing them is another. There’s so much emotion is Slash’s early playing that cannot be taught, it’s an expression of the person themselves, and that’s pure talent. Slash worked hard at his craft, but the music was already in him. 

yeah you can't copy the feel of a guitar player, the way they think, their taste, and you don't have their fingers. The way every guitar player sounds is like a fingerprint. 

• Like 3

On 4/2/2023 at 11:06 PM, Powderfinger said:

He has pure raw talent that you cannot learn. How can you not see that? 
He was 19-20 when he recorded Appetite. Look how melodic the solo is on SCOM? Look at the feel and musicality of Estranged a bit later.. He was a natural musical talent. IF practice produced guitar players like Slash we’d have thousands. Learning to play Slash’s solos is one thing, writing them is another. There’s so much emotion is Slash’s early playing that cannot be taught, it’s an expression of the person themselves, and that’s pure talent. Slash worked hard at his craft, but the music was already in him. 

He recorded Appetite at 19-20? 😳 I thought he recorded Appetite when he was like 24! 😳

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 5:06 PM, JUDGESMF said:

Like in the link below, I am going to collect the data from this thread and see what we all think ....

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/225940-only-one-track-from-each-studio-album/?do=findComment&comment=4989011

The questions are:

1. Who is your favorite member of GNR ?

2. Who do you think has/had the most talent in GNR ?

3. What Former Member would you like to see back in the band ?

War

war

war  only joking :lol:...izzy  of course.

• 3 months later...
On 3/25/2023 at 5:06 PM, JUDGESMF said:

Like in the link below, I am going to collect the data from this thread and see what we all think ....

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/225940-only-one-track-from-each-studio-album/?do=findComment&comment=4989011

The questions are:

1. Who is your favorite member of GNR ?

2. Who do you think has/had the most talent in GNR ?

3. What Former Member would you like to see back in the band ?

1. Slash

2. Buckethead

3. Buckethead

1 & 2 is Slash.

As for #3 honestly I think the band is great as it is. Everyone plays well, they get along, they are happy and they just seem like a well oiled machine.  I would say Brain as he is an incredible drummer or Izzy dor obvious reasons but I don't think either would want to tour to the extent that the current version does or play as lengthy of shows either.