The 3 question Data collection thread

I must be in the minority because the person I most want to see back in Guns N'Roses is STEVEN, not Izzy. Steven was fired for being a drug addict,  Izzy quit on his own. Steven has been off drugs for a long time and deserves to be let back in GNR and wants to be back in GNR and money isn't really a big objective for him, he just wants to be with Slash, Axl, Duff, three of his Friends, while Izzy is hellbent on returning only if he gets paid big. One wants to be with his Friends again, the other is interested in getting more money. I know who I want back the most in GNR. 😏

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Karice said:

I must be in the minority because the person I most want to see back in Guns N'Roses is STEVEN, not Izzy. Steven was fired for being a drug addict,  Izzy quit on his own. Steven has been off drugs for a long time and deserves to be let back in GNR and wants to be back in GNR and money isn't really a big objective for him, he just wants to be with Slash, Axl, Duff, three of his Friends, while Izzy is hellbent on returning only if he gets paid big. One wants to be with his Friends again, the other is interested in getting more money. I know who I want back the most in GNR. 😏

Fair point, I agree. Steven's drumming is more crucial to a good (live) sound and musical energy than Izzy's guitar playing. However, Izzy is a pretty good songwriter which would benefit the band when it comes to ever putting out actual songs instead of rehashing those copy and paste patchwork leftovers that were not good enough for Chinese Democracy in the first place.

15 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Fair point, I agree. Steven's drumming is more crucial to a good (live) sound and musical energy than Izzy's guitar playing. However, Izzy is a pretty good songwriter which would benefit the band when it comes to ever putting out actual songs instead of rehashing those copy and paste patchwork leftovers that were not good enough for Chinese Democracy in the first place.

For all we know, Izzy if back after Axl, Duff, Slash give him the money he wants might just play with his laurels and still not make any new songs. 🤔

1. I mean it's gotta be Axl. He's been the one constant in the band. Even after all these decades he's still got that effortless charisma.

2. Slash. Much like Axl he's just got that natural aura of coolness and makes the most insanely brilliant guitar playing look effortless.

3. Gilby. He's a decent songwriter and has made lots of great albums. Solo, Kill For Thrills, Snakepit, Col Parker etc... 

On 3/26/2023 at 1:24 PM, Dean said:

1. Who is your favorite member of GNR ? - I'll say Dizzy Reed seen as he's had the better songs out of them all post 2016. 

2. Who do you think has/had the most talent in GNR ? Axl Rose. An incredible ear for melody and his songwriting/lyrics keep me hanging around for more. Vocally? He's put down some of the greatest vocals ever recorded. 

3. What Former Member would you like to see back in the band ? The band's sound in a live setting would drastically improve with a virtuoso on Guitar, so Bumble or Bucket would obviously fit that role, however, I'd probably go with Brain or Freese. 

I really liked Dizzy's solo album too. He's got a surprisingly good voice. I'd like to see him do This Don't Look Like Vegas as a solo spot.

On 3/28/2023 at 12:17 PM, t-p-d-a said:

1. Slash
2. Axl 
3. Matt

I don't see Slash as talent, its just practice hours for hours and his spirit to play and make music with alot of musicians forever

Slash is talented. He's one of the most talented Guitarist of all time! 🤘🎸 

On 3/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, t-p-d-a said:

1. Slash
2. Axl 
3. Matt

I don't see Slash as talent, its just practice hours for hours and his spirit to play and make music with alot of musicians forever

He has pure raw talent that you cannot learn. How can you not see that? 
He was 19-20 when he recorded Appetite. Look how melodic the solo is on SCOM? Look at the feel and musicality of Estranged a bit later.. He was a natural musical talent. IF practice produced guitar players like Slash we’d have thousands. Learning to play Slash’s solos is one thing, writing them is another. There’s so much emotion is Slash’s early playing that cannot be taught, it’s an expression of the person themselves, and that’s pure talent. Slash worked hard at his craft, but the music was already in him. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1