Power Trip

On 7/12/2023 at 3:55 PM, center27j said:

System, Aerosmith……theyve had these guys as a backup since day 1 and thats my issue. Oz was prob always a longshot, the problem is replacing him with a band that cant half fill an arena and is far from a headline act for the prices they are asking. Its a major screw job to the fans….But what else is new. 

Judas seemed to do fine in arenas in 2015 in the US and I just checked footage of US dates in arenas in 2022 and they seemed to be just fine.  It isn't that much of a screw job to the fans, Judas Priest is still a huge band and share the center of the Venn Diagram stylistically with the people who know Ozzy's music.

I can understand being bummed that things weren't as they originally were projected, but this seems much more of a "I didn't personally like their decision" thing moreso than it is a financial ripoff or anything class action lawsuit worthy

Edited by WhazUp

12 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I always thought Priest were massive in the US, especially during the 80s…. Maybe my perception of their popularity in the US has been skewed by guys taking them so seriously there as to shoot themselves in the head and having watched “heavy metal parking lot” too many times. :D 

They do okay in the US, but they never fully recovered their commercial appeal when Halford came back, certainly nothing on the level Maiden did when Bruce came back. That said the claims being made on here are greatly exaggerated - they do okay in arenas if they have a strong support act. The biggest in recent years was probably when they had Megadeth opening in 2014 and they did major arenas. That said they do sometimes do smaller venues, but the circumstances should be taken into consideration - 2019 they did a theater (And a couple even smaller venues) run for the second leg of the Firepower tour, but it was made clear when the tour was announced that it was going to focus on deep cuts and I played tracks, it was very much geared towards hardcore fans. Even with that, they did two nights in a lot of cities (I caught two nights in Albany for example, I’ve never heard of a band doing two nights in Albany :lol:)

• Like 2

On 7/14/2023 at 7:16 AM, Powerage5 said:

They do okay in the US, but they never fully recovered their commercial appeal when Halford came back, certainly nothing on the level Maiden did when Bruce came back. That said the claims being made on here are greatly exaggerated - they do okay in arenas if they have a strong support act. The biggest in recent years was probably when they had Megadeth opening in 2014 and they did major arenas. That said they do sometimes do smaller venues, but the circumstances should be taken into consideration - 2019 they did a theater (And a couple even smaller venues) run for the second leg of the Firepower tour, but it was made clear when the tour was announced that it was going to focus on deep cuts and I played tracks, it was very much geared towards hardcore fans. Even with that, they did two nights in a lot of cities (I caught two nights in Albany for example, I’ve never heard of a band doing two nights in Albany :lol:)

Yeah last time I caught them Megadeth were also supporting along with Testament, that was before KK left so that’s what 10 years since I’ve seen them last? I’d like to catch them again. 

Did you read Robs biography? 

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

Yeah last time I caught them Megadeth were also supporting along with Testament, that was before KK left so that’s what 10 years since I’ve seen them last? I’d like to catch them again. 

Did you read Robs biography? 

KK left in 2011 I think, so yeah it’s been a while there. 

I haven’t read it yet, I’m so backlogged on stuff I want to read. Any good?

5 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

KK left in 2011 I think, so yeah it’s been a while there. 

I haven’t read it yet, I’m so backlogged on stuff I want to read. Any good?

I haven’t read it yet no that’s why I asked. I’m similarly backlogged, just cleared Geezers (mediocre) biography off the list last week. Like you I’ll get to Halfords in time. 

• GNFNR 1