Power Trip

13 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

I mean you’re entitled to your opinion of course, but I’m relaying a first hand  experience that I just had this past week - 2 completely sold out shows with a huge turn out (as in no visible empty seats meaning that even secondary market seats were sold)

Springsteen charged exactly HALF on his last tour (5+ years ago) so doubling ticket prices isn’t such an issue for me in that time frame. His fans who are complaining about prices were the ones who screamed that they paid “$12 in 1978” so their reluctance to accept reality isn’t something that one can argue with, you know? They stayed home, and allowed people who wanted to see the show go. Many of my friends waited until the last minute for shows and either (a) got lucky with a cheaper seat (than face) or (b) had to pay more because of the hype.

But outside of Backstreets and Reddit, everyone else seems perfectly happy! And like I said, it’s REFRESHING to see a band have a nice time on stage, as opposed to going through motions..

he soldout because he's greedy. As far as I'm concerned, it's as simple as that. The quality of his live show and having fun up there on stage has nothing to do with it. Some fans will attend a show no matter what, but being a part of the problem, and enabling the fleecing of the fans is not right. 

I like his music and will continue to listen to his albums, but let's try to be objective here: it was pure greed, and if he truly gave a shit about his fans, he wouldn't make a lame ass excuse that goes against everything he said he stood for and the backlash he got from hardocre fans was well deserved imo.

he showed his true colors, I think he's a fraud. It's not like he can't afford to be considerate of his fans, he's already rich, but I guess for some, it's never enough.

Edited by Rovim

16 minutes ago, Rovim said:

he soldout because he's greedy. As far as I'm concerned, it's as simple as that. The quality of his live show and having fun up there on stage has nothing to do with it. Some fans will attend a show no matter what, but being a part of the problem, and enabling the fleecing of the fans is not right. 

I like his music and will continue to listen to his albums, but let's try to be objective here: it was pure greed, and if he truly gave a shit about his fans, he wouldn't make a lame ass excuse that goes against everything he said he stood for and the backlash he got from hardocre fans was well deserved imo.

he showed his true colors, I think he's a fraud. It's not like he can't afford to be considerate of his fans, he's already rich, but I guess for some, it's never enough.

Saying someone "sold out" because they are getting market value for their services is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard in some time.  Well done.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I have to disagree with you on this but of course I respect your opinion. As someone said before I had the chance, getting market value for services isn’t selling out. He raised his prices to what other Tier 1 artists are charging (after decades of showing restraint) and people are crying about it.

He tours once every 5 years, it’s always a different tour set up (set lists, gems, etc) and you literally cannot find a ticket. So for every person unhappy there are people willing and wanting to go. Shit set me back a small fortune but I’m still on that concert high days later, and that isn’t something I can say for energy performance!

Have a great weekend, I do think you are one of the more informed members of this forum and have enjoyed this convo!

19 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

I have to disagree with you on this but of course I respect your opinion. As someone said before I had the chance, getting market value for services isn’t selling out. He raised his prices to what other Tier 1 artists are charging (after decades of showing restraint) and people are crying about it.

He tours once every 5 years, it’s always a different tour set up (set lists, gems, etc) and you literally cannot find a ticket. So for every person unhappy there are people willing and wanting to go. Shit set me back a small fortune but I’m still on that concert high days later, and that isn’t something I can say for energy performance!

Have a great weekend, I do think you are one of the more informed members of this forum and have enjoyed this convo!

a few things: when a big part of your image and even your music as a veteran artist is centered around the everyday working man, the average man, struggling people and all that, like his father was, when you cultivate a relationship of trust with your fans for decades based on a certain understanding that you truly give a shit about your fans, and then you say "fuck it" just cause a company of pirates is big and powerful enough to basically fleece everyone that wants to attend a live show, then something doesn't ring true there.

like many of his fans, I expected more. Some artists are doing what they can to fight this greed driven new "normal".

you shouldn't have to pay a small fortune for a ticket. The fact that this seems ok to you says a lot imho. It's not like he didn't have the option to stand up for his fans who made him rich and just because "everyone else is doing it" doesn't make it right or a good reason to abandon all of those principals he seemed to stand for once upon a time. As soon as he got the chance to get more money he took it without hesitation and a lot of his fans felt cheated because it showed it was all a show or at some point he stopped caring,.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

I mean you’re entitled to your opinion of course, but I’m relaying a first hand  experience that I just had this past week - 2 completely sold out shows with a huge turn out (as in no visible empty seats meaning that even secondary market seats were sold)

Springsteen charged exactly HALF on his last tour (5+ years ago) so doubling ticket prices isn’t such an issue for me in that time frame. His fans who are complaining about prices were the ones who screamed that they paid “$12 in 1978” so their reluctance to accept reality isn’t something that one can argue with, you know? They stayed home, and allowed people who wanted to see the show go. Many of my friends waited until the last minute for shows and either (a) got lucky with a cheaper seat (than face) or (b) had to pay more because of the hype.

But outside of Backstreets and Reddit, everyone else seems perfectly happy! And like I said, it’s REFRESHING to see a band have a nice time on stage, as opposed to going through motions..

It's not my opinion though- it's his fanbase saying this stuff. 

Glad you had a good time (seen him many times myself and always enjoyed it) but to argue that it's all great and he really cares just isn't true anymore. He's undoubtedly harmed his reputation, hence having to issue statements about it all, and getting pissy and defensive when asked. And his band members issuing statements saying "we have no control over this". Hardly sounds like an oasis of love and harmony among the band to me! 

Sure people are going to have a good time at his concerts, but that doesn't stop the fact he's greedy. Obviously people there are going to be happy- the unhappy ones haven't bought tickets. Why would they? Doesn't mean he hasn't pissed off fans and made himself look greedy. Go to a GNR concert- everyone there is happy too. Why wouldn't they be? 

It isn't the rises in ticket price his fans hated- it's the utter hypocrisy and sadness of a man who made a career saying "I'm all about the people" then telling people to screw themselves and hopping on board with Ticketmasters latest scheme to rip off fans. 

There's a massive amount of bullshit going on singing his 'man of the people' stuff while fleecing every last penny out of the fans by doing his 'variable pricing' nonsense. I'd argue I'd rather see GNR openly not giving a shit about fans than that. 

You know, ultimately it doesn't matter as they're all greedy fucks, but painting Springsteen as someone who really cares about fans simply isn't true anymore, regardless of whether some people enjoyed a show of his. 

For clarity- I'm not really defending the shoddy attitude of GNR towards the fans, but I don't think there's anything refreshing at all about Springsteen anymore. He's become everything he claimed not to be, regardless of whether he enjoys himself onstage or not. 

Would I pay to see GNR now? Nope, untill they do something new. 

Would I go see Springsteen now? Nope either, as I'd find it embarrassing too.  

I'd agree that he's better live though! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Saying someone "sold out" because they are getting market value for their services is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard in some time.  Well done.

Huge ...colossal  off topic (probably heading for a calamity )  but it has to be mentioned ... YOU, my friend ,   went to deer creek AND Hoosier  Dome.????? 

I absolutely ....:wow:.i cant stand you. :lol:

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

a few things: when a big part of your image and even your music as a veteran artist is centered around the everyday working man, the average man, struggling people and all that, like his father was, when you cultivate a relationship of trust with your fans for decades based on a certain understanding that you truly give a shit about your fans, and then you say "fuck it" just cause a company of pirates is big and powerful enough to basically fleece everyone that wants to attend a live show, then something doesn't ring true there.

like many of his fans, I expected more. Some artists are doing what they can to fight this greed driven new "normal".

you shouldn't have to pay a small fortune for a ticket. The fact that this seems ok to you says a lot imho. It's not like he didn't have the option to stand up for his fans who made him rich and just because "everyone else is doing it" doesn't make it right or a good reason to abandon all of those principals he seemed to stand for once upon a time. As soon as he got the chance to get more money he took it without hesitation and a lot of his fans felt cheated because it showed it was all a show or at some point he stopped caring,.

Would you and @allwaystiredthink any differently if the rumors of him just wanting to cash his band/crew out on this last run make it any better?  These people have been with him for decades probably. I don’t know or care one way or another. I’m just curious if your thought would be different. 

He doesn’t strike me as the “threw his hands up one day and said fuck my fans” type! I mean no one believes that he’s struggling for money after selling off his song catalog? I think it’s just a supply/demand thing. 

Again I don’t have a horse in this race I’m just saying it’s not always about “sticking it to their fans”. If the ticket is under a certain point I can’t see anyone other than resellers with any chance, it’s awful. One would hope that not everyone would try to resell at $400+ ticket.

That sliding $$ stuff drives me nuts, like everyone else. I never buy those, but I’m ok with waiting until closer to show date and don’t ultimately care about missing a show if it’s out of my price range. And I don’t fault fans who go and have a great time! 

It’s super tough for me to not see my faves, but I refuse to pay for the same show twice. So I spend more and see fewer - it’s not for everyone but it works for me!  I probably see dozens of concerts every year and when one or two make an impression it feels different. And I’m happy to pay for that but there’s a limit to what I’ll pay when I know exactly what’s coming! 

23 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

Would you and @allwaystiredthink any differently if the rumors of him just wanting to cash his band/crew out on this last run make it any better?  These people have been with him for decades probably. I don’t know or care one way or another. I’m just curious if your thought would be different. 

He doesn’t strike me as the “threw his hands up one day and said fuck my fans” type! I mean no one believes that he’s struggling for money after selling off his song catalog? I think it’s just a supply/demand thing. 

Again I don’t have a horse in this race I’m just saying it’s not always about “sticking it to their fans”. If the ticket is under a certain point I can’t see anyone other than resellers with any chance, it’s awful. One would hope that not everyone would try to resell at $400+ ticket.

That sliding $$ stuff drives me nuts, like everyone else. I never buy those, but I’m ok with waiting until closer to show date and don’t ultimately care about missing a show if it’s out of my price range. And I don’t fault fans who go and have a great time! 

It’s super tough for me to not see my faves, but I refuse to pay for the same show twice. So I spend more and see fewer - it’s not for everyone but it works for me!  I probably see dozens of concerts every year and when one or two make an impression it feels different. And I’m happy to pay for that but there’s a limit to what I’ll pay when I know exactly what’s coming! 

Fair question, but not really no. The guy has many billions and just sold his catalogue. If he thinks his crew aren't being paid enough, then pay them properly. 

People always says 'supply and demand' and 'well, touts will charge these prices' etc etc. It's just excuses for greed. Some artists stand up for the fans (such as The Cure recently), others make it very clear the only thing they care about is cash (such as Springsteen recently). 

I think he's just lost the plot in a fit of greed when Ticketmaster came knocking, sadly. 

9 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

no, I wouldn't. Glad that you enjoyed the show though btw, didn't mean to shit on it or anything, but I think there was a chance here for him to put his money where his mouth allegedly was and the combination of hypocrisy and greed is annoying to me. The excuse he gave really gave it away (of how much he doesn't give a shit imo)

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, IzzysMissy said:

You know I just saw Bruce twice (at MSG and Barclays) this past week and the main difference between Bruce/E street and ANYONE else is how much FUN they are having on stage. How much they LOVE one another and how much they LOVE their fans. It comes through every note, every interaction on stage and with the audience. Every time… the vibe is just perfect.

I’m a huge GNR fan, have been all my life, but I’ll take an E Street show any day of the week over anyone really.. I mean he pulled out “Jungleland” for MSG (the Rangers had a homecoming…) and debut “Saint/City” in Brooklyn! It’s NOT HARD to keep things fresh and interesting.

Its really depressing to think about just how lacking the GNR world is after two epic nights with the Boss.

Ugh ok, rant over! Happy Friday GNR fans!! Cheer up for the weekend and find a good bootleg to listen to❤️

🤣🤣🤣

I was like ‘eh….why are you talking about Springsteen’! I’d certainly like to see him try Aces High! 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

yea but that's the FOS area for 1700$. 

For 600$ you can stand 2 kilometers away from the stage.

OK, there's still a GA area in front of the stage and like most "PIT" tickets they are the most expensive ticket.  Really not sure what your point is.  I mean you can pay $1600 for pit tickets for 6 bands that individually would cost at least $300 each (or more) for similar.  Seems like a bargain to me actually.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Ozzy dropped out :wacko:

For the best I think.  I'm sure he doesnt give a damn what people think of his ability to perform and sing but its not fair on his family for him to go through such effort at his age after everything hes been through in his life it's frankly a miracle he's still alive.

Fuck, man. A final Ozzy farewell concert was the #1 reason I was hyped for this. There is literally no other attraction that could top that for me, other than a Geddy Lee + Alex Lifeson farewell on stage. 

EDIT: Oh, and another Led Zeppelin reunion. Only these two options and that's it.

Edited by Cosmo