Power Trip

On 4/1/2023 at 6:11 AM, SlashisGOD said:

I don’t know about the opinion that Bruce’s vocals are weak. I just saw them in October and he was nailing everything.

Bruce’s vocals are definitely weaker - cancer and age will do that. Some of the staples like Aces High don’t sound that great these days. I sometimes think he should rein in the running about a bit to give him time to rest/breathe!!

Edited by DTJ80

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

yes, I do.  When you listen to the older bands which influenced your favorite bands, it becomes easier with time to kinda recognize the influnces of those bands over bands that came later and maybe even go back and find out what influenced those older bands so you can kinda see where the younger bands you like got it from, what was the approach,why it musically worked, how original it is.

I think that it's similar to the culinary world. Picking what ingredients you want to use to make your dish, the quantity of each element you put in your dish, the way you combine it to make it your own, presentation, etc and how your style of cooking gives it your character.

some cooks are better than others, some more original and not everyone have the same interest of pushing it forward as much as they can and to innovate cause there is also a lot to achieve by building on what already exists, to rely heavily on what worked in the past.

AFD sounds like a melting pot of a bunch of different influences that all work perfectly together to create something which is peak retro. 

Interesting. I've genuinely never considered if they were retro. 

Edited by allwaystired

21 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Spoke to a guy i know that works for iron maiden, said they were only approached last saturday to play power trip aand were offered $5m for the one gig, and if this sells out they will do it again the following weekend with either the same lineup or a very similar one. 

means that someone else also dropped out last minute id imagine. GnR will probably get more than maiden for a US gig. These cunts better put some pyro into their shows, absolutely milking it. 

When they did Desert Trip it was the same thing - 2 weekends back to back.  That was essentially the same format: 6 bands (Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Sir Paul, Neil Young, the Who and Roger Waters).  

• Like 1

I have a friend who contacted me and is working as an independent contractor for this event and was told to book housing for two weekends for this event.  You can still find some reasonably priced hotel rates in the area for the second weekend, but I'd advise booking a refundable rate as I'm sure a second weekend may depend on how weekend one sells and how fast, etc. 

• Like 1

It’s 10-15 years too late maybe. 

Maiden still sounded great last time I heard them in 2019, Metallica still are ok live, likewise with Tool. Ozzy, if he makes it, is probably going to be using pre recorded vocals and 10 years ago it would have been a Sabbath set. AcDc… I assume it will be Brian and hope it’s good but there’s a Malcom shaped hole in the sound, he really drove that band. GnR… Axl sounded better 10 years ago I’ll leave it at that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

When my dad found out about this show he texted me "GNR are playing the old man power tour" :lol: It's at least a decade too late and like the original Desert Trip, tickets will be heavily discounted leading up to the show.

Hopefully it's a nice farewell to Ozzy and ACDC though, Saturday would definitely be the best night to go to.

18 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

When my dad found out about this show he texted me "GNR are playing the old man power tour" :lol: It's at least a decade too late and like the original Desert Trip, tickets will be heavily discounted leading up to the show.

Hopefully it's a nice farewell to Ozzy and ACDC though, Saturday would definitely be the best night to go to.

I’m really hoping this is not a one off for AccaDacca, hopefully they announce a tour around this. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It would be great if they announced a tour but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe they'll do a few more shows but can Brian do a long tour?

This is it man, who knows what’s possible with Brian’s hearing the way it is. Their FB page has a post saying something like “just this once” which doesn’t give much hope. I’ve seen them 8-10 times over the years, but would love to see them one last time. 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2023 at 4:21 AM, DTJ80 said:

Bruce’s vocals are definitely weaker - cancer and age will do that. Some of the staples like Aces High don’t sound that great these days. I sometimes think he should rein in the running about a bit to give him time to rest/breathe!!

You know I just saw Bruce twice (at MSG and Barclays) this past week and the main difference between Bruce/E street and ANYONE else is how much FUN they are having on stage. How much they LOVE one another and how much they LOVE their fans. It comes through every note, every interaction on stage and with the audience. Every time… the vibe is just perfect.

I’m a huge GNR fan, have been all my life, but I’ll take an E Street show any day of the week over anyone really.. I mean he pulled out “Jungleland” for MSG (the Rangers had a homecoming…) and debut “Saint/City” in Brooklyn! It’s NOT HARD to keep things fresh and interesting.

Its really depressing to think about just how lacking the GNR world is after two epic nights with the Boss.

Ugh ok, rant over! Happy Friday GNR fans!! Cheer up for the weekend and find a good bootleg to listen to❤️

Edited by IzzysMissy
*spelling/wording
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

You know I just saw Bruce twice (at MSG and Barclays) this past week and the main difference between Bruce/E street and ANYONE else is how much FUN they are having on stage. How much they LOVE one another and how much they LOVE their fans. It comes through every note, every interaction on stage and with the audience. Every time… the vibe is just perfect.

I’m a huge GNR fan, have been all my life, but I’ll take an E Street show any day of the week over anyone really.. I mean he pulled out “Jungleland” for MSG (the Rangers had a homecoming…) and debut “Saint/City” in Brooklyn! It’s NOT HARD to keep things fresh and interesting.

Its really depressing to think about just how lacking the GNR world is after two epic nights with the Boss.

Ugh ok, rant over! Happy Friday GNR fans!! Cheer up for the weekend and find a good bootleg to listen to❤️

Bruce Dickinson and the E Street Maidens

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Bruce Dickinson and the E Street Maidens

Ha ha oooops wrong Bruce! My point remains the same though: give me a Bruce show (any Bruce) on ANY day, for the simple reason that the stage presence alone makes the concert going experience worth it 🤟🏼

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

This is it man, who knows what’s possible with Brian’s hearing the way it is. Their FB page has a post saying something like “just this once” which doesn’t give much hope. I’ve seen them 8-10 times over the years, but would love to see them one last time. 

Thr GNR FB page said same, look it "just this once" is some the Festival promotion.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

Well they certainly don't love their fans- they fucked them over on tickets via a grubby 'variable pricing' deal with Ticketmaster, then when the fans expressed their disappointment Bruce basically said "yeah fuck them" and one of their major fancubs/message board communities shut down in protest.

To say "the vibe is just perfect" is frankly, nonsense. Perhaps they're on stage pretending it's perfect, but it very much isn't. He's lost a LOT of fans because of his recent greed- even members of the band themselves have diplomatically expressed their disappointment. 

At least GNR have never pretended to care! 

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well they certainly don't love their fans- they fucked them over on tickets via a grubby 'variable pricing' deal with Ticketmaster, then when the fans expressed their disappointment Bruce basically said "yeah fuck them" and one of their major fancubs/message board communities shut down in protest.

To say "the vibe is just perfect" is frankly, nonsense. Perhaps they're on stage pretending it's perfect, but it very much isn't. He's lost a LOT of fans because of his recent greed- even members of the band themselves have diplomatically expressed their disappointment. 

At least GNR have never pretended to care! 

I mean you’re entitled to your opinion of course, but I’m relaying a first hand  experience that I just had this past week - 2 completely sold out shows with a huge turn out (as in no visible empty seats meaning that even secondary market seats were sold)

Springsteen charged exactly HALF on his last tour (5+ years ago) so doubling ticket prices isn’t such an issue for me in that time frame. His fans who are complaining about prices were the ones who screamed that they paid “$12 in 1978” so their reluctance to accept reality isn’t something that one can argue with, you know? They stayed home, and allowed people who wanted to see the show go. Many of my friends waited until the last minute for shows and either (a) got lucky with a cheaper seat (than face) or (b) had to pay more because of the hype.

But outside of Backstreets and Reddit, everyone else seems perfectly happy! And like I said, it’s REFRESHING to see a band have a nice time on stage, as opposed to going through motions..