Power Trip

19 minutes ago, cineater said:

AC/DC?  Just heard something on the radio they have no plans to tour or record from one of the band members.

They posted on their social media the same clip that GnR, Maiden, Ozzu and Metallica and Tool posted. They might do a one off like Ozzy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

It's a festival.  There are going to be a ton of bands

There are most likely no other bands. The lineup was leaked this afternoon on inforoo. They are apparently doing a different version of the Desert Trip festival from a few years ago and I don't believe there were other bands besides the six main acts. 

https://inforoo.com/thread/36173/power-trip-2023?page=10

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

When does the lineup actually get announced?

Angus will probably play a song or two with GNR again, but what are the odds Axl does a song with ACDC? If he does, I hope it's a Bon song like Highway To Hell...

The 30th. It's all over blabbermouth and every other site so all that's left to leak now are the ticket prices.  Axl may already be on his way to Aftershock when AC/DC performs. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuerta86 said:

They posted on their social media the same clip that GnR, Maiden, Ozzu and Metallica and Tool posted. They might do a one off like Ozzy.

But what about this:

Ozzy Osbourne cancels 2023 tour dates, says spinal injury means his 'touring days have ended' The 74-year-old Grammy winner and former vocalist for the metal band Black Sabbath said that “my singing voice is fine” but that he remained physically weak.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

But what about this:

Ozzy Osbourne cancels 2023 tour dates, says spinal injury means his 'touring days have ended' The 74-year-old Grammy winner and former vocalist for the metal band Black Sabbath said that “my singing voice is fine” but that he remained physically weak.

Money talks. He's most likely getting several million for a couple hours on stage. This could just be a one off,not part of any tour. And if you read the link I posted this was apparently supposed to be the final Black Sabbath show so he's still got that to cash in on as well. I saw Ozzy in 96 and some say he was past his prime then. I can't imagine how bad it is now but people love nostalgia. 

• Like 2

She [Sharon Osbourne]  told panellist JJ Anisiobi: "Yeah, that doesn't mean he's not going to be doing any shows.

"If there is a festival here and there that he wants to do, he will do that.

"But it's just long tours he won't do anymore."

[...]

But pals say Ozzy is already "so upset and annoyed" at being unable to play live, he wants to get back out even if it means being in a chair.

The Brummie singer, 74, apparently has his sights set on a short run in Las Vegas or at a Los Angeles venue and is taking advice from his friend Guns'N'Roses singer Axl Rose, who performed on tour with a damaged foot on a throne, and inspiration from Phil Collins, who played Genesis's last tour sat down on a chair last year.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/tv/7731473/sharon-osbourne-breaks-silence-ozzy-tour-talktv-comeback/

• Like 4

Seen all acts multiple times, even seeing some this year. Only act that really interests me is AC/DC, as I thought they were done for. Hopefully this is not just a one-off, as I'm not traveling from Europe and paying an extortionate amount to be able to be present at this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Kind of thinking of going for the novelty. That’s a hell of a bill for legends of the 70s-90s, but it’s 10 years minimum too late

Agreed. 2010 would have been the year for this show when AC/DC still had a proper lineup, Axl had a voice and Ozzy could stand.

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

https://www.metaltalk.net/iron-maiden-ozzy-osbourne-metallica-and-ac-dc-festival-rumour.php

"Rumours persist that Guns N’ Roses are also set to appear, but there is no social media post yet. Perhaps their social media guy is in a different time zone?"

Vanessa has shared the teaser in her story 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve seen GNR 8 times, AC/DC 3 times, Metallica twice, Ozzy twice (one of those was with Sabbath), Iron Maiden and Tool once each

Despite their ages, it’s probably the biggest hard rock/metal legends bill, ever. Been a while since I’ve seen some of them 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, The Black said:

Seen all acts multiple times, even seeing some this year. Only act that really interests me is AC/DC, as I thought they were done for. Hopefully this is not just a one-off, as I'm not traveling from Europe and paying an extortionate amount to be able to be present at this.

Same here, I mean it would be cool to see GNR, maiden and Ozzy as well, but AC/DC is what’s really tempting me to go there… but as I neither want to sell a kidney nor rob a bank, I hope for a small EU tour

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cineater said:

But what about this:

Ozzy is probably getting the Dave Grohl throne for some shows. They are literally going to wheel him out there 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cineater said:

AC/DC?  Just heard something on the radio they have no plans to tour or record from one of the band members.

It's on their official social media. Also no member has said anything, closest thing was Brian saying he wouldn't mind recording more with the band, bit he had heard nothing and wouldn't say even if he had. Said the same about touring.

Fuggit, I booked a cheap motel that I don’t have to pay for till October. Better get ahead of it, in case. Figure hotels will be the most annoying part to book since it’s on the boonies

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2